PDA

View Full Version : Re-Certify?

PopeAK49
March 16th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I know that you have to re-certify every 3 years for your CompTIA (A+, Net+, Security+, Server+) and Cisco (CCNA) Certifications but what about the following:

-MCTS Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
-MCITP Windows Server Administration
-MCTS Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure

Do I wait until the next version of Windows Server comes out to re-certify? Or do I also re-certify every 3 years?

MastaCheefa
March 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM
You got to re-certify A+ and Net+? Had no idea and looks like mine is probably a year out of date. :(

PopeAK49
March 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Whoops! You don't have to re-certify your CompTIA A+. But I think it's recommended that you stay updated since technology evolves fast. However, this only applies to people who got the certification before 2011. After 2011 you have to re-certify every 3 years.

Dwood
March 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
That's just because CompTIA wants more people taking their tests aka money. Networking hasn't changed significantly in the past 5 years...

PopeAK49
March 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM
That's just because CompTIA wants more people taking their tests aka money. Networking hasn't changed significantly in the past 5 years...

In the next 10 years, it will change a lot. I just got done learning IPv4 about 3 months ago and now they are telling me to forget it and learn IPv6....I guess I got caught at the time of conversion. And the skills to learn both is necessary until everyone converts to IPv6. Everyone on modacity should try the IPv6 experiment.....

Dwood
March 17th, 2011, 02:11 AM
In the next 10 years, it will change a lot. I just got done learning IPv4 about 3 months ago and now they are telling me to forget it and learn IPv6....I guess I got caught at the time of conversion. And the skills to learn both is necessary until everyone converts to IPv6. Everyone on modacity should try the IPv6 experiment.....

Yeah, but after you learn ipv6... there's not much else to learn. The only thing that might change at all is the way you interface with the computer. The core stuff outside of things live the ip versions that have to change or else the IT world dies, will not change very much.