PDA

View Full Version : Origin Summer Sale. Some good shit. All BF games for $5

Amit
July 30th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Shooting games:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/Originsummersale.png (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.summersale)

Seriously, everyone, Buy BF2142 and let's have one real excellent BF experience before BF3 comes out. Since most people here are (or were) heavy Halo fans, I have a feeling you'll like BF2142 more than BF2. I know I did. Shit was just more awesome. Dropping in ODST-style in drop pods on your squad leader's spawn beacon. That and launching from APC's onto Titans are some of the coolest things in the game.

n00b1n8R
July 30th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Titan combat its self though was a total camp fest though :P

Amit
July 30th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Not really, but it depends on who you have on your team of course. It's not that hard to push up. Just have two support guys set up some field upgraded shields (or hell maybe you even unlocked them) and assault guys spam grenades down the corridor. Then support lay down suppressing fire and you move in in a single line. once you've pushed up for enough, redeploy the support guns and med/ammo kits and have the engineers move up to blow the consoles or hell you can do that without them. They really help when trying to take out the core, though. Basically, just take down their Titan's shields before they take yours out. How do you do that? Don't lose the fucking silos!

Cortexian
July 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Very tempting... Just to have all my Battlefield games in one place on Origin (including BF3 when it comes out).

EDIT: Can't use PayPal for the Battlefield 2 complete collection, and I already own all the Battlefield games. Would of been nice to have most in one place but oh well.

ThePlague
July 30th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, not using anything else than paypal for purchases so...

jcap
July 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Pretty weak that you can't activate retail BF2 on Origin.

n00b1n8R
July 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM
You can't activate CD keys?
lol.

Limited
July 31st, 2011, 06:42 AM
I would get BFC2 but its showing as $21 for me, lame.

Wow, just realised thats more expensive than your price without the discount...and my price stated is with the discount.

Amit
July 31st, 2011, 01:12 PM
lol, Gotta hate regional pricing, eh? I was able to activate my BF2142 on my account using the serial key. I don't know if this is possible with the Steam version of BF2 Complete. I'll find out when I redownload it and get the cd-key out of my registry (steam won't show my BF2 key for some reason).

jcap
August 1st, 2011, 02:35 AM
Any game bought before 2009 is unable to be activated on Origin. Bullshit.

Amit
August 1st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Heh, guess I did buy my BF2142 Deluxe Edition DVD on August 31st, 2009.