PDA

View Full Version : HCE Dedicated Server (Gandanur) issues

ReaLiner
September 13th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hey, folks..

I spent hours searching now, especially your forum but it didn't help. I'm using the latest version of Gandanur (http://www.gandanur.com/) for my Halo CE Dedicated Server v1.09. Generally it works fine but almost everyone who joins the game get kicked after a few minutes of playing (mostly after death or when maps change). Here's what the log says:

Quote: 2011-09-13 04:27:46 QUIT "Dark Sabash" player 4 machine 4 cdkey 55d368354b5021e7dd5d3d1525a4ab82 reason: CD Key error: Your CD Key is disabled. Contact customer service.

or

Quote: 2011-09-13 07:27:47 QUIT "EvilBoyz" player 3 machine 3 cdkey 2863ab7e0e7371f9a6b3f0440c06c560 reason: CD Key error: Hash is already in use on our server.

Only after a few others or I left the game, it says:

Quote: 2011-09-13 07:53:54 QUIT "ReaLiner" player 1 machine 1 cdkey 2abf4a639a1fdd9a8a728f408a4abd71 reason: Player quit

Well, I could relax and say all those pirates deserve it.. but:

The server already does allow any version and any cd key to join (and stay). I mean.. he's meant to!
I do want them to stay even if they're using a bad cd key because otherwise I can shut my server down. Although I can't believe 90% of the people joining my server don't own a legal game copy.

This is my init.txt in case it could be helpful:

sv_name ".:: Halo ::."
sv_public true
sv_version any
sv_cdkeycheck true
sv_remote_port 2399
sv_remote true
sv_motd "MOTD.txt"
sv_rcon_password ###
sv_rtv true
sv_rtv_needed 51
sv_tk_ban 3
sv_ban_penalty 5m 1h 1d 7d
sv_tk_cooldown 2m
sv_mapcycle_timeout 25
sv_mapcycle_begin
sv_mapvote true

I don't know if there is a relation to this issue.. I often need to restart my server and try to connect the client directly in order to join it myself. Otherwise I'm getting the "Retrying (1-4) .. Unable to join." error.

By the way: I already found out that I need to set "sv_cdkeycheck true" so it says "Server now allows players with invalid or duplicate cd keys to join."

If anyone got a clue, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
ReaLiner

Sean Aero
September 14th, 2011, 05:58 AM
By the way: I already found out that I need to set "sv_cdkeycheck true" so it says "Server now allows players with invalid or duplicate cd keys to join."

sv_cdkeycheck 0 is the way to go. sv_cdkeycheck true means that it will check keys. I guess the output is a bug. (wasn't this fixed in the latest version?)

The server already does allow any version and any cd key to join (and stay). I mean.. he's meant to

What do you mean by this?
Use the official 1.09 haloceded.exe with Gandanur, don't patch it, use sv_version 1.00 instead to switch version.
Try the following below:

sv_name ".:: Halo ::."
sv_public true (This is not needed, Gandanur does it auto)
sv_remote_port 2399
sv_remote true
sv_motd "MOTD.txt"
sv_rcon_password ###
sv_rtv true
sv_rtv_needed 51
sv_tk_ban 3
sv_ban_penalty 5m 1h 1d 7d
sv_tk_cooldown 2m
sv_mapcycle_timeout 25
sv_mapcycle_begin
sv_mapvote true
sv_version 1.00 (If I'm correct you don't need to set sv_cdkeycheck 0 when setting version 1.00, but just to be sure)
sv_cdkeycheck 0 (cdkeycheck is FALSE, so its not checking keys and thus allowing pirates)
sv_version any

Hope it helps :)

ReaLiner
September 14th, 2011, 10:41 PM
seanaero, thanks a lot! Of course, I am using the official 1.09 haloceded.exe with the latest version of Gandanur. I changed sv_version to "1.00" but then it says "Your client is newer than the server!"

So, you say the output could be a bug.. but if you're right then why all those players are able to join the game? The only thing is they are not able to stay for a long time..

I changed sv_cdkeycheck to "0" now but unfortunately I'm not able to try it out by myself.. Could anyone using a corrupted cd key please try to join my game (haloce.servegame.com:2399) :downs:?

supersniper
September 15th, 2011, 12:15 AM
sorry, i purchased this game.

ReaLiner
September 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM
@supersniper: That info doesn't help much.

Pooky
September 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM
sorry, i purchased this game.

You could just reinstall and put in a bogus CD key, just sayin.

supersniper
September 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
oh, yeah i guess i can.
i'll let you know by tonight if I can join or not