PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Weapon sounds

n00b1n8R
October 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm looking for halo 1 firing and reload sounds, specifically for the sniper, AR and shotgun.

I'm making a simple skin/sound replacement mod for ace of spades (http://www.ace-spades.com) and these H3 sounds just aren't the same to me :(

Or can anybody tell me how to record sounds properly using audacity (I'm not going to download any pirate software for this so don't tell me to use any non-free program :p)

E: FUCK THESE NEW SMILEYS FIX THIS ADMINS

Ifafudafi
October 29th, 2011, 11:12 PM
A .rar is attached to this post. They're mono (because HCE is old), and you'll probably have to do a little rearranging in Audacity to line it up perfectly but everything you should need is here.

If you want to do it yourself (assuming you're on W7) you should be able to record sound coming directly from your computer by selecting "Stereo Mix" as the mic input in Audacity. If it's not there, look in control panel -> sound, "Recording" tab, right-click in the window and check "Show disabled devices" and it should show up for you to enable.

n00b1n8R
October 29th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks a ton Ifafuwhatever. I tried recording with the stereo mix but when I fired any of the guns it hit the max sound level instantly and sounded like ass.

If I need other sounds, where do I get them from? (are they installed with the HEK or did you have to extract them?)

Ifafudafi
October 30th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I recorded via Stero Mix using the actual .sound tags as played back inside Guerilla. Not sure why going in-game cocks that up for you (might be something on your end) but you can give that a shot if you've got your HEK stuff lying around.

n00b1n8R
October 30th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Should be around somewhere so I'll give it a go. Decided I'm going to expand this mod to more than just weapon replacements, would anybody be interested in a thread here (it's not particularly impressive) so I can get some feedback on how to make it not suck?

To give you an idea, this is the sort of stuff involved
http://i.imgur.com/NauEF.jpg

Pooky
October 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Make the scope on the Sniper bigger. That will instantly transform your mod from pure suck to GOTY.