PDA

View Full Version : HCE buy Halo PC/CE Cd keys in bulk?

Cloud
January 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
As some of you might know i run a clan. Some member cannot (for some reason or another) get their hands on a legitimate halo key so they resort to using extremely over used halo keys. Then end up getting banned from numerous servers due to a hacker/aimbotter running around with the same key. I have some extra cash and i know keys are pretty cheap i just dont know where i can buy a bunch for my members? Any site suggestions.

and id rather not be the weirdo walking out of the store with 10 copies of the game.

thanks in advance.

itszutak
January 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM
be the weirdo walking out of the store with 10 copies of the game. This is pretty much the only solution I can think of-- the game isn't really distributed digitally afaik.

Rentafence
January 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Email someone at Bungie/Gearbox.

Amit
January 18th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Talk to Seanaero who runs Halorank.com. He sells brand new Halo Keys: http://www.halorank.com/buy.php

(http://www.halorank.com/buy.php)I bought a key from him last year after I misplaced my original box (I think my mom threw it out :gonk:) so they are legit. Only $9.99 US. At least that's what it was when I bought one. He's based in Europe so Euro's is what he's using. You can even buy multiple keys and get a small discount.

Ryx
January 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Get a crack, use version changer, use nope.avi.

Or just buy the game again. Why do you need bulk for one member? Having a competition or do you need new servers?

Amit
January 19th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Get a crack, use version changer, use nope.avi.

Or just buy the game again. Why do you need bulk for one member? Having a competition or do you need new servers?

Entire post: Nope.avi lol.

Sean Aero
January 19th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cloud, if you're still interested in a bulk purchase of 10 PC/CE legit cd keys let me know.
The keys have never been used before and I'll send you pictures with proof that it's the real deal and not some scam.
I'll give you 20% discount if you buy 10 or more copies, since you're basically purchasing them for your clan members.

(Discounted price = 5,60 euro, with the current exchange rate it would come down to $7,20 ~ $7,50 US dollars not sure what exchange rate PayPal offers at this moment)

Let me know within a week since I'm won't be able to delivery keys for a while starting February due to a graduation project abroad.

Ryx
January 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
use nope.avi.
That wasn't a link to piracy -_- All it did is unban cd hashes, which you shouldn't be banning by anyways.

The SOPA topic has more piracy than that post.

Cortexian
January 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
The result is the same.

You also mentioned "get a crack".

Amit
January 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
He didn't provide a link to any illegal material, though.

=sw=warlord
January 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
The result is the same.

You also mentioned "get a crack".
Un-banning banned CD hashes is no where near the same as giving out CD keys, nor is it related to piracy.

eden419
January 21st, 2012, 01:21 AM
That wasn't a link to piracy -_- All it did is unban cd hashes, which you shouldn't be banning by anyways.

The SOPA topic has more piracy than that post.

its up to them if they wont to ban by hash.

Ryx
January 21st, 2012, 12:12 PM
its up to them if they wont to ban by hash.
Howevers grif, ip bans are generally more effective and don't end up banning people who share pirated copies, which in turn leads to higher server population. And there are a lot more pirated copies, because most people are too lazy to spend $10 to get a 10 year old game. If you're banning by cd hashes, your hurting your servers more than ip banning.

It's debatable if it's harder to bypass an ip ban or a cd hash ban; you can do one in the registry the other in the command prompt. Imo ban by nickname and ip, because then they change their ip and come back and they think they're still banned *trollface.jpg*. But if they don't know how to change their ip they're not. Ehh whatever, fine with the link being removed. It was mainly for cloud, but he already has it :iamafag:

Or just ban by all 3, because the chances they can change their hash and their ip are minimal. But relying on a hash ban isn't the best idea.

Amit
January 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
You have to remember that the game is usually sold by most sellers for $20. Most people aren't too lazy to go out and buy the game, it's just that it's so damn expensive. $10 is a rare buy and Sean will sell them to you for $9, which is the best deal on the planet.

Cloud
January 25th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cloud, if you're still interested in a bulk purchase of 10 PC/CE legit cd keys let me know.
The keys have never been used before and I'll send you pictures with proof that it's the real deal and not some scam.
I'll give you 20% discount if you buy 10 or more copies, since you're basically purchasing them for your clan members.

(Discounted price = 5,60 euro, with the current exchange rate it would come down to $7,20 ~ $7,50 US dollars not sure what exchange rate PayPal offers at this moment)

Let me know within a week since I'm won't be able to delivery keys for a while starting February due to a graduation project abroad.

ill send you a pm and yeah $7 sounds like a good price to me.
Its just unfortunate for some of my members they cant play on certain servers because their cd key isnt legit. I had extras but even with that we still have members that need some.

Amit
January 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Are your clan members going to reimburse you for this kind deed that you are doing for them?

Cloud
January 25th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Are your clan members going to reimburse you for this kind deed that you are doing for them?

Well there's a select few that are high ranked that will get them for free. Im going to add the rest to our key shop which our members can buy for a cheap price. One of our members that joined along the way we allowed him to open a key shop and hes legit keys thats where i got my black ops from. Its much cheaper than buying it on steam.

Donut
January 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
what happened to the middle of that post? i was following you at the beginning, and i gathered that you got blackops for a good price at the end, but you lost me in the middle.

Cloud
January 25th, 2012, 10:09 PM
what happened to the middle of that post? i was following you at the beginning, and i gathered that you got blackops for a good price at the end, but you lost me in the middle.

oops ha sorry im in teamspeak talking and doing 10 things at once but basically one of our members has a key shop for our clan. Selling games/keys for cheap prices.

Amit
January 26th, 2012, 02:50 PM
If he read the whole thing slowly, it's not hard to figure out what you meant to say.

Sean Aero
January 27th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I had extras but even with that we still have members that need some.
I have 80 sealed boxes left, so I'm sure I can meet your "needs".
(Replied to your PM.)

Amit
January 27th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Holy crap. 80? That's unreal. Fuck, that's probably more copies than my region can pull together in all the retail stores.

Sean Aero
January 27th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Holy crap. 80? That's unreal. Fuck, that's probably more copies than my region can pull together in all the retail stores.
Sold 34 so far, 1 to you, 33 to others.
I kept one for my self and gave it a test run, this to verify if the keys that I purchased were indeed legit before I started selling them.

So a total of 115 Halo Keys.
A lot? I guess so, but I figured I could sell them over a year time or so.
Lots of pirates out there that would like to go legit, since they love the game.
As for me, once the initial cost are subtracted the remaining amount is pumped back into donations of certain apps, servers and websites to keep development going.
(Not that they need it but for some a few dollars is a good motivation to put in a few extra hours of their free time.)
Which reminds me, that Sauce has no donation button!

EDIT: didn't I share this before?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19720044/Halo/I like halo.JPG

Amit
January 27th, 2012, 03:12 AM
That is the 5th most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life.

eden419
January 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
all those copys of halo. epic

Cortexian
January 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM
That is beautiful.

=sw=warlord
January 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_4X-IcBOGc

Rook
January 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19720044/Halo/I like halo.JPG
Maybe it's just me but that seems like a large investment for a game that's pretty much dead.

Warsaw
January 28th, 2012, 05:33 AM
If you are going to spend money on Halo, it's better to buy that than the newer Halos.

Just sayin'.

Also, he may make a killing when it becomes hard to find Halo PC in any store. Take Battlezone II, for instance. I got it for $10 in a 4-pack of games including Quake II, Heavy Gear 2, and Dark Reign 2. Battlezone II alone can sell for as much as $250 now. I have two copies. I use them both.

Sean Aero
January 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Maybe it's just me but that seems like a large investment for a game that's pretty much dead.

I did do a test run in a smaller quantity at first, 14 keys, those sold out within a month or so.
So I figured I could sell a 100 keys over a year time or so hence the large purchase. (larger purchase == no shipment to my house)
It might be somewhat of a risk, however I love the game and wanted to experiment a bit with buying and selling stuff online.
As I said before it does sell from these 100 keys on this picture I have sold 22 so far add those other 14 and I'm down to 36.
People that love the game tend to buy a key for many different reasons.
Pirate, lost key, give to friend, clans, father/son/brothers, etc.

Amit
January 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM

The game isn't dead because you choose not to play it.

Sean Aero
February 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Shop is closed until June any orders made will be refunded.

=sw=warlord
February 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
What's happened?

Cloud
February 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
:/ i hope your not gone yet man sorry ive been so busy. I Also just got paid.

Amit
February 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
What's happened?

I think he's not physically near the boxes until June so he can't get the code for buyers.

Sean Aero
February 2nd, 2012, 12:07 AM
I think he's not physically near the boxes until June so he can't get the code for buyers.
This, boxes are in storage can't reach them leaving the country in 4 hours.
I think I was pretty clear on the limited amount of time. :/

BlackCrypt
June 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Out of interest Sean, where would someone purchase so many at once? Unless of course you want to keep your supplier a secret ;)

Rentafence
June 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
What the fuck are those jewel cases of Halo 1? all I got was a cardboard box with the disc in a cardboard sleeve.

Amit
June 13th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Europeans got it good.

Rentafence
June 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I will literally buy a copy off you just for the sake of having the nice case.

Ryx
June 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Is OP even alive anymore?

Cortexian
June 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Probably not, he was dumb enough to not use thermal paste on his CPU cooler and all the SmG clan servers went down because of it.

That level of stupidity probably resulted in him being hit by a bus.

Ryx
June 15th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Probably not, he was dumb enough to not use thermal paste on his CPU cooler and all the SmG clan servers went down because of it.

That level of stupidity probably resulted in him being hit by a bus.I was under the impression that he was in a DDoS war and lost, then the clan members hosting servers went to some other clan.

Lol, maybe it was both. That'd really suck.

Patrickssj6
June 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM
darwin award

Sean Aero
June 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Shop is back online so better go grab a quick copy for those still interested :)

www.HaloRank.com/buy.php

Pooky
June 24th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry what.

Cortexian
June 28th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry what.
OP is Cloud. Cloud runs the SmG servers for Halo CE. His server machine burned out because he didn't use thermal paste on his CPU coolers.

Amit
June 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I just don't understand how you open it up, see the paste and not know that it's there for a reason.

JackalStomper
June 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
wow this cpu must be running hot it melted the heatsink! look at all this goo!

=sw=warlord
June 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
OP is Cloud. Cloud runs the SmG servers for Halo CE. His server machine burned out because he didn't use thermal paste on his CPU coolers.
You don't always use thermal paste, if you have had your processor and heatsink lapped then putting thermal paste on would actually fuck up the thermal transfer.
The whole point of thermal paste is to fill the cavities between the metal surfaces, but that's besides the point, most CPU's have a built in safety mechanism which either clocks the processor down when being overheated or the system itself cuts the power off entirely.

Cortexian
June 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM
You don't always use thermal paste, if you have had your processor and heatsink lapped then putting thermal paste on would actually fuck up the thermal transfer.
The whole point of thermal paste is to fill the cavities between the metal surfaces, but that's besides the point, most CPU's have a built in safety mechanism which either clocks the processor down when being overheated or the system itself cuts the power off entirely.
Why are you defending him? He was the one who posted about it on the SmG forums. If I recall correctly he may have used a little bit of paste, but it wasn't nearly enough so the temps were running borderline (80-90 degrees all the time).

Either way it was a pretty fail-host mistake to make.

=sw=warlord
June 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Why are you defending him? He was the one who posted about it on the SmG forums.

Someone dumb enough not to use thermal paste doesn't lap their CPU, if they did they'd probably sand all the way into the guts of the thing.
If you lap your heatsink and processor you don't need to apply paste to said processor.
That's my point.

Cortexian
June 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I edited my post to make it more clear.

And he didn't lap his processor so your point is off-topic and irrelevant to what he did. Not to mention that A LOT of people only lap their cooling unit instead of both units. In which case paste is still required.