PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about how much H2V sucks here instead of in the CMT thread :D

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Since when does any company continue a community for the first game they made, more than a decade after they made it, and with another 5 wildly successful games under their belt?

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
That's not what he's talking about. He's referring to the fact that Microsoft has kicked us in the face with H2V and then ignored us completely even after they destroyed that game themselves.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Its just funny that you are expecting the company to cater to an extremely small and very demanding end of the community when they don't get the complete development kit for a game. :\ Atleast that is what I seem to remember everyone was pissed about as far as h2v goes. To be honest its kind of sad.

ShadowSpartan
January 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Its just funny that you are expecting the company to cater to an extremely small and very demanding end of the community when they don't get the development kit for a game :\ Atleast that is what I seem to remember was every was pissed about as far as h2v goes
No, we were mainly angry because of broken promises about that game. They had said we would be able to create custom content, such as vehicles and weapons...but when the game came out, all of that stuff had been intentionally stripped from the toolset.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Broken promises? Come on man, for whatever reason they didn't want to make it a full development kit, its their prerogative :P

DarkHalo003
January 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Lol I still send MS messages via surveys telling them to fix and unlock H2V.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Lol I still send MS messages via surveys telling them to fix and unlock H2V.

Lol, good luck with that bro xD

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Broken promises? Come on man, for whatever reason they didn't want to make it a full development kit, its their prerogative :P

So that gives them the right to falsely advertise a product?

Nero
January 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
So that gives them the right to falsely advertise a product?

Yes.

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Not really, it doesn't.

TVTyrant
January 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Not really, it doesn't.
:like:

Ryx
January 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Not really, it doesn't.
no, but m$ doesn't care about pc, and the h2v community is so small they probably can't be bothered to even look at it.

i bet the h2v section of server maintainance is a penal position and is like hell for gfwl employees.

Warsaw
January 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM
The H2V community is so small through their own fault. At this point, it being small is a cause for them to not look into it, but it used to be an effect.

A.) It was limited to running on Vista only (at the time, no W7) in the hopes that it would help sell the OS

B.) It lacks the aforementioned promised features, so the community can't breathe new life into it easily

C.) GFWL being a paid service was a major turn-off for PC players

D.) Rampant cheating

E.) Server hosting was terrible

F.) Crap performance optimization.

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
^^ Post was 100% correct.

Ryx
January 30th, 2012, 03:42 PM
The H2V community is so small through their own fault. At this point, it being small is a cause for them to not look into it, but it used to be an effect.

A.) It was limited to running on Vista only (at the time, no W7) in the hopes that it would help sell the OS

B.) It lacks the aforementioned promised features, so the community can't breathe new life into it easily

C.) GFWL being a paid service was a major turn-off for PC players

D.) Rampant cheating

E.) Server hosting was terrible

F.) Crap performance optimization.
Everything except E was not "through their own fault" though.

A) Microsoft's greed trying to get everyone to spend $80 to upgrade to vista.

B) I have no idea if hired gun or m$ bungie is to blame for not giving players the complete package as advertised.

C) Microsoft's fault, drove away a lot of people. You could use the server browser, but the not being able to host was a major letdown.

D) This is actually hired gun's fault for not changing how much tags were dependant on client maps vs information from host. In hce, they had important things and weapons and such sent, but in h2v basically any tag can be modified client side. Even damage and what projectile your gun shoots is client side, which is ridiculous. I mean, they even saw this on h2x when people hacked and didn't fix it. Also, the only anti cheat was gfwl that detected if h2v was being debugged.

E) Well, that is the community's fault for not hosting better servers, but F) Hired Gun did a shitty job of optimising h2v

Donut
January 30th, 2012, 03:47 PM
the point is, official statements about the game were made, and the final product did not reflect the product described in those statements. its a bad port, and therefore the community suffered. theres really no arguing against that tbqh.

Nero
January 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Not really, it doesn't.
Doh, forgot to put /Sarcasm after the yes.

TeeKup
January 30th, 2012, 04:43 PM
A person who pays the rather exorbitant fee for an OS as broke as Vista to play a game that was promised to them, which they were lied to after they spent their money on that, has every single right to complain. If I go to a 5 star restaurant and order a meal, and it comes out to me cold, I have every right to complain. If I buy a car from a dealership with the promise of it being in good condition, only for it to start falling apart in a few months. I have every right to complain.

This isn't about the shitty product as it is the shitty treatment of their well paying customers.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
the point is, official statements about the game were made, and the final product did not reflect the product described in those statements. its a bad port, and therefore the community suffered. theres really no arguing against that tbqh.

Except it wasn't a bad port, it was a completely faithful port of the game from the XBOX, with features included that the original xbox game didn't include. It was more than what was originally available, and was by no means a "bad port". The downfall of it included some of what was described above, some issues with server hosting and such which wasn't a problem with XBL support, and the before mentioned missing and or promised content that was not in the final version.

Pooky
January 30th, 2012, 05:56 PM
A person who pays the rather exorbitant fee for an OS as broke as Vista to play a game that was promised to them, which they were lied to after they spent their money on that, has every single right to complain. If I go to a 5 star restaurant and order a meal, and it comes out to me cold, I have every right to complain. If I buy a car from a dealership with the promise of it being in good condition, only for it to start falling apart in a few months. I have every right to complain.

This. All the whiner whiners are basically saying that paying customers shouldn't complain about being sold an inferior product. Fucking morons.

was by no means a "bad port".

When it runs worse than games that look 3x better, has horrible mouse controls and a UI that barely works, and has glitches and issues the original version never had then it's a bad port.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
When it runs worse than games that look 3x better, has horrible mouse controls and a UI that barely works, and has glitches and issues the original version never had then it's a bad port.

This confuses me, because I have a laptop that can't run anything new, can barely keep up with Source games of the past few years, and yet I have no performance issues with H2V, also, I am confused at what Mouse and UI control issues you had because in the 3 or 4 playthroughs of the H2 campaign I have done on my PC here, I haven't ever had any issues. I'm not saying they don't exist, Im just saying that if it was such a "bad port" then I feel like I should have experienced all these problems. If you want to show some of said issues I would be interested to see them.

Pooky
January 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?6854-Buyer-s-Remorse-An-open-letter-to-the-devs-of-H2V

=sw=warlord
January 30th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Ironically H2V runs better on worse systems than it does on good systems.
i can run Crysis, Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 with minimal problem but Halo 2 vista lags the hell out, even at 60FPS it plays like it's 10FPS.

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
This confuses me, because I have a laptop that can't run anything new, can barely keep up with Source games of the past few years, and yet I have no performance issues with H2V, also, I am confused at what Mouse and UI control issues you had because in the 3 or 4 playthroughs of the H2 campaign I have done on my PC here, I haven't ever had any issues. I'm not saying they don't exist, Im just saying that if it was such a "bad port" then I feel like I should have experienced all these problems. If you want to show some of said issues I would be interested to see them.

These things have been proven time and again. Your claim of miraculous performance in H2V while struggling in the Source engine is ludicrous. However I agree that there is nothing wrong with mouse control and the UI. Seems fine to me. The way everything else was handled is almost atrocious, though.

Warsaw
January 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Attn Hired Gun:

Give us the tags!

E: FFF, ninja'd.

In game, the brightness of the environment would take care of the fuzzy edges for the most part. That said, I suppose I could turn it down a little bit. I'll probably try wider bright cores the next time I do one. Thanks, though. I may be a nub, but I try. :D

EE: I don't suppose there's a way to make the HUD bob a la Crysis 2, is there? It makes a difference, because certain HUDs don't look good if they can't bob around while others look bad if they do bob around.

Bobblehob
January 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
These things have been proven time and again. Your claim of miraculous performance in H2V while struggling in the Source engine is ludicrous. However I agree that there is nothing wrong with mouse control and the UI. Seems fine to me. The way everything else was handled is almost atrocious, though.
It may seem ludicrous to you, but it is visibly what I experience, I don't know what I can possibly say that will convince you of that :\

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 09:58 PM
It may seem ludicrous to you, but it is visibly what I experience, I don't know what I can possibly say that will convince you of that :\

Nothing, however benchmarks will do wonders.

Pooky
January 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
However I agree that there is nothing wrong with mouse control and the UI. Seems fine to me.

When's the last time you tried to drive a Warthog or use the server browser?

Amit
January 30th, 2012, 11:25 PM
A few months ago...? Maybe some incompatibility between the game and your mouse drivers?

Pooky
January 30th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Nah, just about everyone was complaining about the mouse sensitivity being ridiculously slow and unresponsive when driving a vehicle. Also there was some issue with mouse acceleration or something.

TeeKup
January 31st, 2012, 12:05 AM
It never fucking WORKED for me.

t3h m00kz
January 31st, 2012, 12:12 AM
oh look it's

~~ THIS THREAD AGAIN!!! ~~

game sucks

I don't play it

it's not worth my attention

TeeKup
January 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM