PDA

View Full Version : Rendering players (third person camera)

urbanyoung
February 7th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Hi,

I'm making a few camera tools at the moment and want to display the current player's biped. At the moment no biped is drawn, only hands (which I then remove). Does anyone know where to look for changing this? I got told about camera_debug_load and that displays the biped but as far as I can tell that function effectively just changes the address of the camera handling function which is to be called. As such the biped is displayed but you get the camera_debug_load behaviour too (of course). I couldn't find anything in the processing that would make the biped be drawn.
I was hoping to find a simple conditional jump that would check if the object belongs to the current player, and if so don't draw a body, but I haven't found it and am not even sure if it will exist.

Any tips?

Thanks

edit: Found what I was after

Cloud
February 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I'm making a few camera tools at the moment and want to display the current player's biped. At the moment no biped is drawn, only hands (which I then remove). Does anyone know where to look for changing this? I got told about camera_debug_load and that displays the biped but as far as I can tell that function effectively just changes the address of the camera handling function which is to be called. As such the biped is displayed but you get the camera_debug_load behaviour too (of course). I couldn't find anything in the processing that would make the biped be drawn.
I was hoping to find a simple conditional jump that would check if the object belongs to the current player, and if so don't draw a body, but I haven't found it and am not even sure if it will exist.

Any tips?

Thanks

edit: Found what I was after

i have some fly cam sources and camera view sources that i never finished. What are you programming in they might be useful. They aren't perfect but they do some cool stuff. I was messing with it when i was updating my sightjacker.

urbanyoung
February 9th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks but I already found what I was after, the function which decides whether or not to render an object. I'm programming in C++ and have finished the flycam, I had issues with what I thought was to do with the up vector but turned out to just be where I was patching. I've also finished the sightjacker (manually positioning the camera, not using halo's script stuff) and now I'm working on the third person. I have a working prototype, but I plan to change it a bit so that the camera is always looking at the character from a certain angle, also need to change the camera mode halo is using so its rotation is about my biped.

edit: If anyone's interested the check happens in 0050EDC0 in Halo 1.09 PC. Don't have any sigs for it yet, I'm gonna add that stuff later.