PDA

View Full Version : Low priced game servers (halo, MC, etc)-Elitegameservers.net

{XG}Gijs007
July 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
http://www.elitegameservers.net/images/bannerp.png (http://www.elitegameservers.net/)

Hello people, as some of you might know I'm the clan leader of the {XG} clan and I've been hosting servers for other people for a few years now.

Recently I've decided to start my own company called Elite Game Servers and my goal is to provide game servers for a lower price than the big game server providers while offering better quality and also taking the environment in to mind.

We offer 16 slot halo servers for 9,99 per month
You can fully customize these servers with sapp/gandanur/phasor, if you want a different modification you can contact our support department.

We also offer servers for different games like Minecraft , GTA SA Multiplayer and Call of duty MW3 and we will add more games in the coming weeks.

All your game servers will be online within a few seconds after we receive your paypal payment.

For more information you can visit: elitegameservers.net (http://www.elitegameservers.net)

{XG}Gijs007
August 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I've reduced the price for the minecraft server to € 0.39 per slot.

Also I've added a lot of new games most off the counter strike games including the new counter strike global offensive.
I've added left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2 as well as team fortress 2.
And even the ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: operation arrowhead are now available.

Cloud
August 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
not to sound like a dick but you can buy a VPS for that and set up more for a better price. You should cut the prices down. (halo severs that is).

Also if you know how to set it up on linux your set. Thats what I did.

{XG}Gijs007
August 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
not to sound like a dick but you can buy a VPS for that and set up more for a better price. You should cut the prices down. (halo severs that is).

Also if you know how to set it up on linux your set. Thats what I did.

I've used a linux vps in the past and it was very lagy at times also the amount of servers that you can run on a vps is low so you would need a lot of them.

Beside we offer support and a control panel which is something you don't get when you get your own vps;)

Cloud
August 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I've used a linux vps in the past and it was very lagy at times also the amount of servers that you can run on a vps is low so you would need a lot of them.

Beside we offer support and a control panel which is something you don't get when you get your own vps;)

Are you giving out dedicated IPs? Or are they shared.

If shared then 1 DDoS attack could take down multiple servers.

{XG}Gijs007
August 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM

We have multiple ip's which can be given to customers on request.

Cloud
August 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
We have multiple ip's which can be given to customers on request.

Nice very smart.

Btcc22
September 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
not to sound like a dick but you can buy a VPS for that and set up more for a better price.

You could buy a bargain basement VPS that'll give you a horrible gameplay experience for that price, yes. Just because you can get a server going for less doesn't mean there's anything wrong with his prices. He has expenses to pay.

Generally, if you can get a VPS for less than a game server, it's not going to be of fantastic quality. The overheads associated with each VPS node push margins down and it quickly becomes quantity over quality, whereas with your typical gaming boxes, there isn't such a penalty.

They don't have to be shared to take down multiple servers considering that you're going to have a whole load of them bound to each box. Secondly, handing addresses out like sweets is a pretty bad idea and one your network provider may not appreciate in current times. Doubly so if you're being charged for them and you're working with narrow margins as is.

{XG}Gijs007
September 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
You could buy a bargain basement VPS that'll give you a horrible gameplay experience for that price, yes. Just because you can get a server going for less doesn't mean there's anything wrong with his prices. He has expenses to pay.

Generally, if you can get a VPS for less than a game server, it's not going to be of fantastic quality. The overheads associated with each VPS node push margins down and it quickly becomes quantity over quality, whereas with your typical gaming boxes, there isn't such a penalty.

They don't have to be shared to take down multiple servers considering that you're going to have a whole load of them bound to each box. Secondly, handing addresses out like sweets is a pretty bad idea and one your network provider may not appreciate in current times. Doubly so if you're being charged for them and you're working with narrow margins as is.

Exactly, as a side node I want to add that we have a 1Gb/s full duplex connection and a dedicated Intel I350 network card with hardware offloading, so they have to do a big DDOS of they want to take the server down.

Higuy
September 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Pretty sweat. I owned a 12 player Halo server not long ago and it was like 15 dollars a month :\. If I need a new one, I know where I'm going :)

{XG}Gijs007
September 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
We now offer Dayz servers for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and lowered the prices for Arma2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead servers!

Also we have added mumble voice servers which you can order for €0.05 per slot!

Cortexian
September 27th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Actually the downside to these servers is the pings are terrible for anyone in North America.

I get 146ms ping using the provided speedtest server.

That number will undoubtedly appear even higher while playing Halo due to the terribad netcode.

Zeph
September 27th, 2012, 04:20 AM
If you're an american paying for a dedi with something other than dollars you're gonna have a bad time.

{XG}Gijs007
September 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Actually the downside to these servers is the pings are terrible for anyone in North America.

I get 146ms ping using the provided speedtest server.

That number will undoubtedly appear even higher while playing Halo due to the terribad netcode.
We are actually planning on expanding to the United States, we will probably open up a server in Dallas first.

If you're an american paying for a dedi with something other than dollars you're gonna have a bad time.
We accept dollars;)

{XG}Gijs007
October 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
We have started a survey about an expansion to the united states.
If you would like to fill it in please go here: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?24804-Survey-for-school-project-Management-and-Organisation&p=634416#post634416

{XG}Gijs007
January 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
We now offer server for 3 new games: Crysis, Crysis wars and Garry’s mod.

We’ve also completed an upgrade to Windows Server 2012 which improves the hitreg on halo server’s duo to an optimized RSS networking stack; which now supports UDP and runs aligned with the kernel scheduler.
For more info on RSS see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh997036.aspx

{XG}Gijs007
February 6th, 2013, 12:13 AM
We have just purchased a new server, the Supermicro SuperServer 6016T-NTRF.
This server will be placed in a datacenter in Dallas, USA and should be ready within a few weeks.

For the full specifications of the server have a look at our website:
http://www.elitegameservers.net/hardware-and-software

{XG}Gijs007
February 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Our server in Dallas is now up and running and we accept new orders for the Dallas location :)

{XG}Gijs007
March 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM
We ran out of stock due to overwhelming requests for Halo Custom Edition Servers, so we have added more servers to fill your needs! Place your orders now while servers last!

{XG}Gijs007
April 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
As some of you might have already noticed we have been working very hard on a new website with a completely new design, the billing control panel has also been integrated in to this new website.

Today we have finally finished this website and its life now at www.elitegameservers.net (http://www.modacity.net/forums/www.elitegameservers.net) .

To celebrate this we are giving away coupon codes to get a 25% discount for the first month on new orders.
You can use the following code: EGS2.0

Note: this action is only valid till the end of this month!

BillClinton
June 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Had a server with this company for the last 5 months. Never had a problem. Customer service is good and most importantly my game runs smooth!

I like the way that if you have a server based in the EU and you wish to transfer it to the USA, then this company let you do that free of charge :D

10/10. Would definitely recommend.

sehe
June 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Hello,

What EGS doing is just pretty ridiculous and pathetic. They now host MY site as it were their and still asking fees for Sapp, which is MINE and I did NOT allow it.
Please note that elitegameservers.net/sapp is NOT my site anymore it's a FAKE Sapp site by now.

Mine is at http://66.55.158.28/ or just simply xhalo.tk

I would not recommend renting anything from them because they restarting their server whenever they feel like, and they also using the same PC for DoS attack others which causes huge lags in your servers.

{XG}Gijs007
December 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
We are pleased to announce that we now have 2 new server locations!
We’ve opened a location in Washington D.C. which provides great ping times for the entire east coast of the United States and a location in Montreal which provides DDoS protection and great pings for Canada and the Midwest.

Some of our customers have been the target of DDoS attacks in the last few weeks which unfortunately resulted in down time on the Dallas location.
We’ve moved these customers from the Dallas location to Montreal which keeps their game servers active even when a DDoS attack happens.

This is done by routing the traffic through a DDoS filtering facility called the “vacuum cleaner” or “vac” in short. This facility is located in the same datacenter as our servers so that it doesn’t cause a higher ping.
http://static.elitegameservers.net/images/emails/vac.png
We are also happy to announce that we are now hosting Just Cause 2 Multiplayer servers for only € 0,03 per slot.

We’re still working on the website but work has almost finished, most of the order process optimizations have been finished and are already visible.
Currently we’re working on a new integration with the billing and ticket system so that it loads faster and looks better.
We hope to have this finished before christmas.
From all at Elite Game Servers, we hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Cortexian
December 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
We are also happy to announce that we are now hosting Just Cause 2 Multiplayer servers for only € 0,03 per slot.
Very expensive, wow.

$40 USD for 1,000 players when I can buy a $15/month Windows VPS and SAFELY do 1750 slots off it. Or 1,000 slots and other things.

sehe
December 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Don't fall for his propaganda, EliteGameServers is a one man company of Gijs, who is a mentally unstable crazy kid.

For those who don't know:

Long ago Gijs hosted my site for sapp. After a while when he could not get customers for his site, he decided to ask money for Sapp without my knowledge or allowance from GameServers (http://gameservers.com). He emailed and threated them with sue that they either pay fee to him or they have to remove Sapp from their servers. Ofc since the prices were ridiculously high, they just decided to remove Sapp from all of their Halo servers. This was his goal.

First I did not understand what happened when people started to message me that Sapp got removed from their server due to "license issues". When I figured out what Gijs just have done, I wrote a letter to GameServers that he acted without I knowing or allowing it and that I never did or will ask fees for Sapp.

After things got clarified, GameServers offered me a free dedicated server for hosting my site, which is available from xhalo.tk (http://xhalo.tk). Please always use this domain name to reach my site as he's still hosting my old, outdated site and asking fees for Sapp there.

The funny (or sad) part is that he still thinks "I stabbed him to the back" (with his words), and now he feels betrayed for a life.

As I mentioned before, the only worker in EGS is Gijs, who is mentally unstable and often falls into depression and was about to close his project in the past, in which case you will lose your money and your servers, therefore I would not recommend renting servers from him. Also because he's using his server for torrenting or simply DDoS rival companies, or restart his server whenever time he feels like, does not care how many players are in his servers atm.

Btcc22
December 19th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Very expensive, wow.

$40 USD for 1,000 players when I can buy a $15/month Windows VPS and SAFELY do 1750 slots off it. Or 1,000 slots and other things.

That's good but you're not running a company and probably not paying the true cost of the bandwidth with some cheapo VPS.

{XG}Gijs007
December 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Very expensive, wow.

A VPS is usually over provisioned and can cause lag, I wouldn't run a game server on a VPS because of the simple fact that I can't guarantee that it will be lag free.

Besides that this game is bandwidth hungry when we are talking about a 1.000 slot server, we use premium bandwidth with a quality network's from proper datacenters while VPS's usually have bulk bandwidth (higher pings, less stable connections).

This game isn't very cpu intensive but if you install a bunch of scripts (which some customers do) then the cpu requirements quickly go up, this has to be calculated in to the price as well.

Donut
December 20th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Funny, I remember the very first post this guy made about selling servers. Between his name and his description of the service, I felt very unsure about it all. I'm not even quite sure why he would peddle his server here of all places.

Modacity sure does attract some interesting characters.

{XG}Gijs007
April 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
We've just started an promotion on our facebook page where anyone can get a free game server for one month by liking Elite Game Servers on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/EliteGameServers?ref=hl

Promotion ends on 18-May-2014 or while space is available!

t3h m00kz
April 24th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Too bad everything will be down by the end of may..

Cortexian
April 24th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Someone (I forget who), already has a working alternative master server. The only problem will be getting people aware of the need to switch/update/mod their client to connect to the new master server.

Ideally we'd want to get as many server operators on-board as possible, and start sending out SAPP / MotD things in both English and Spanish letting people know that they will soon need to update their client in order to continue playing.