PDA

View Full Version : Halo Tablet Companion

staticchanger
July 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
This was a project I started working on last year, I never finished it, but I had all the values pulled and displayed. Any thoughts or ideas? I may get a working demo together just as an example of how cool a concept this is. Maybe Glass will implement stuff like this on the 360. Anyway a picture is worth 1000 words. This is the basic concept:

Patrickssj6
July 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Not really useful for me but definitly nifty ^^

Kornman00
July 8th, 2012, 12:46 AM
So essentially ATLAS (http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Atlas/#/?section=Atlas) for Halo1.

Having the dedi support spectators with this would be ideal. Or just something that beats gamespy's really basic game query protocol

Sean Aero
July 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Or just something that beats gamespy's really basic game query protocol

This
Basically, extend the information returned on a server query, have the program query the server every second or so.

Amit
July 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'd use it. If it was available on a secondary monitor, not a tablet screen. This has the same problem as GamePlan: It's a useful thing, but inconvenient. If I'm playing a PC game I don't want to have to look at a tablet when I have a gigantic secondary monitor that could be used instead.

staticchanger
July 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Oh snap, I heard something like that was in the works. Guess that shows how much I keep up. Yeah pretty much that. I had a semi working version that pulled up in a window, you could drag it over to a secondary no problem.

So essentially ATLAS (http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Atlas/#/?section=Atlas) for Halo1.

Having the dedi support spectators with this would be ideal. Or just something that beats gamespy's really basic game query protocol

homebrued
July 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Go for secondary monitor support.

Patrickssj6
July 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Go for secondary monitor support.

That.

Would be interesting to extends Halo's engine to mirror a secondary camera to the second monitor, giving an overhead view of the map.

staticchanger
July 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
That.

Would be interesting to extends Halo's engine to mirror a secondary camera to the second monitor, giving an overhead view of the map.

Sweet I already have that semi working. I have some old code from last year. You'll recognize it, it uses the VAmemory.dll. I'll mess around with it some more and send you a copy.

Amit
July 10th, 2012, 09:07 PM
If you can get that working, it just might be as useful as the feature from World in Conflict where you can output the tactical map to another monitor.

t3h m00kz
July 11th, 2012, 04:18 AM
I'm somewhat suprised at all this effort from the community is going toward everything except improving the netcode.

Not that I'm trying to bash this project. looks legit tbh