PDA

View Full Version : Custom UI Troubles

Higuy
September 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Hey there. I know this site has alot of members who have messed with UI's in the past. I'm trying to figure out when I press a button (for example, Campaign), it will load a map that I specificy that IS NOT in the defualt map list.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how?

Btcc22
September 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Lumoria UI on the horizon? ;)

Timo
September 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
You can set widgets up to run a script when clicked, but I can't remember what editor has enabled the run script checkbox. kornman00 had it disabled, but I think it might be enabled in OS_guerilla.

Higuy
September 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM
If I was to use OS_guerilla to enable said check box (I know what your talking about and how it dosent work in Kornman V2), would the tag still be able to be used in default guerilla\halo maps?

Timo
September 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Pretty sure it can, back when I was tooling around with UIs I had to use another editor FD04 made. I just enabled the check box, saved it then opened it back up in km00.

Higuy
September 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Well guys, I figured out a way to get it to work without using other apps. If you want just the check box use scenario script checked, export the tag to a .txt document, and find the "flags long flags" line. add the number 1024 after flags and it will have it checked and it will work. Got Lumoria: Episode 1 to load up when pressing a button now :)

Higuy
September 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
More troubles! How do I go about getting bitmap permutations to work? I want the text to highlight when I put my mouse over top of it. I aset up the texture, but when it imports it dosent seem to see the blue borders around it seperating the two parts. How do you set this up?

Timo
September 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Are the blue borders 100% blue? Try checking the .bitmap in guerilla to check if they're both there. If not, there's a problem with your borders. I think each image bounded by the blue borders needs to be the same size.

e: Make sure there's a 2px gap between each image too, so each one has its own 1px blue border. Sorry these answers are a bit shitty, it's been a very long time since i've done anything with UIs :s

Higuy
September 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
So... I finally got the perm's to work. But the buttons do not change when the mouse is over top. Is there anything special that you ned to do to get that to work?

e: nvm.