PDA

View Full Version : Django

PopeAK49
January 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM
What a great movie. I watched it last night with my friends and it was incredible. Has anyone else seen this movie?

I give it a 9.5/10

TVTyrant
January 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM
Boycotting it like I am Inglorious Bastards

Tarantino needs to stop being a racist

PopeAK49
January 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
That's cute.

DarkHalo003
January 1st, 2013, 11:32 PM
Don't be a bitch Tyrant. This movie is fucking great. It's hilarious, critical, but mostly fucking hilarious. Best ending for a movie of the 2012 movie year IMO.

It's a Tarantino movie. Deal with it. Seriously.

PopeAK49
January 1st, 2013, 11:46 PM
People just need to watch the movie. They think it's about a black bounty hunter who is killing white people for only racial purposes, which is complete bullshit. This movie is more than that. It has a well thought out story line and superior acting to go along with it.

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 02:42 AM
Well thought out and good acting doesn't make it any less racist.

No other Tarantino movies ever took the point of view these two have, and I enjoyed them just fine. I actually like Tarantino's work. I just don't like being preached at by a director, nor do I like the other side where he's laughing at us all for accepting racism.

PopeAK49
January 2nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
We are posting about we liked or disliked about the film. In which, those who ACTUALLY watched the movie can provide feedback. I don't need to be filled with ignorance.

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 04:10 AM
We are posting about we liked or disliked about the film. In which, those who ACTUALLY watched the movie can provide feedback. I don't need to be filled with ignorance.
Yes, having opinions is always bad! Even if they are formed from careful deliberation and observation! That's just ignorant!

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
Also, I'm kind of trolling. I've been in and out of the can with diarrhea for like 6 hours, so this is what I'm doing to entertain myself.

But yeah, still racist.

EX12693
January 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Not racist.

Limited
January 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Also, I'm kind of trolling. I've been in and out of the can with diarrhea for like 6 hours, so this is what I'm doing to entertain myself.

But yeah, still racist.
So why is it racist? Is it literally because a black man is getting paid to kill white men? Did you miss the fact (in the trailer) he says no one ask seen the men hes after...expect Django? In my eyes its just a classic film about revenge. If a women pays a man to kill a women who slept with her husband, would you consider that to be sexist TVTyrant?

Is the film about race? Clearly, it revolves around the history period of slaves - does that mean its racist tho? Of course not.

Also, weirdly enough I hadnt seen the trailer until just now, but I had heard the audio from the trailer before.

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
are you guys seriously falling for tyrant.

seriously.

EX12693
January 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Yes I'm falling for him.[/gay][/sarcasm]

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM

seriously.
I know man this one wasn't even good

PopeAK49
January 2nd, 2013, 03:07 PM

seriously.

Sorry. I've been around polycount and other numerous forums. It's hard for me to adjust back to this 'unique' forum.

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sorry. I've been around polycount and other numerous forums. It's hard for me to adjust back to this 'unique' forum.
Lol. I won't say until I've seen the film myself (not actually boycotting, just not all that excited) but the stuff about IB still stands. I probably will see this though, since my sister worships Tarantino.

Honestly I was kind of surprised no one asked me to explain myself, but apparently IB's brand of hate/sarcasm wasn't lost on as many people as I thought it was.

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yes I'm falling for him.[/gay][/sarcasm]
You had me at yes

DarkHalo003
January 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
I only called you a bitch because the movie's fucking great. It's like Blazing Saddles on mesculine.

n00b1n8R
January 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, having opinions is always bad! Even if they are formed from careful deliberation and observation! That's just ignorant!

you must be all kinds of smart if you can observe without observing lol

TVTyrant
January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
you must be all kinds of smart if you can observe without observing lol
Right? It's so damn awesome it makes my brain explode.

Limited
January 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Lol. I won't say until I've seen the film myself (not actually boycotting, just not all that excited) but the stuff about IB still stands. I probably will see this though, since my sister worships Tarantino.

Honestly I was kind of surprised no one asked me to explain myself, but apparently IB's brand of hate/sarcasm wasn't lost on as many people as I thought it was.
You blind?

Cortexian
January 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM
I feel happy that I -repped Tyrant for his first post because it was so incredibly bad. Now that we've established he's a terrible troll, it makes that -rep feel so much better.

Movie was pretty awesome, though not quite as good as some of the other Tarantino flicks... The story-line was rather linear compared to what Tarantino usually likes to do, and I didn't really like that. Everything happened exactly the way you expected it to happen, and there was pretty much nothing unexpected.

Sanctus
January 6th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Saw it today and loved it. But now that you mention it, it was pretty straight forward. Despite that though the film did an excellent job building tension

Warsaw
January 8th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I saw this movie last week. It was an incredibly good movie, everybody should see it. It was clever, intense, the pacing was nigh perfect, and the acting was superb. Seriously, best movie I've seen over the last year and I think it was even better than Inglorious Basterds (to which there were a few shoutouts during Django).

PopeAK49
January 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Yes. My expectations for this kind of movie is always mid-ranged. I have never been so impressed.

Patrickssj6
January 9th, 2013, 08:34 PM
After watching Inglorious Basterds I thought 30% was exceptionally brilliant, and 70% was utter crap. Don't think I will like this movie either.

Warsaw
January 11th, 2013, 08:28 AM
What did you think was utter crap about Inglorious Basterds? I thought a lot of that movie was filler and that's why it gets marked down, this movie has a lot less filler; almost every minute serves a purpose at some point in the story.