PDA

View Full Version : Source Theme

Zeph
January 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Who wants it back?
Would only take me an afternoon or so to get it back.
I swear I won't delete the site this time.

Yell at Jcap and tell him to post desk to make it happen.

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I want it now, i want it NAOOOOOO

InnerGoat
January 4th, 2013, 12:39 PM
already using it ty for the offer tho

Zeph
January 4th, 2013, 01:12 PM
already using it ty for the offer tho
lies.
I never released the html tags!

Higuy
January 4th, 2013, 02:15 PM
unreal theme would be nice too.. we had that too, right? #MemoryLoss

TVTyrant
January 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
post desk

and bring back source theme

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
arnt we closing down in april though anyway?

Zeph
January 5th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Oh, look at that.
I still don't have access to the styles and templates panel.
Can't get a new theme made without that.

Zeph
January 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
http://modreality.net/PC_Stats_Field.jpg

Oh, anyone remember this thing? Fixable.
I could even be fancy and have it animated.

itszutak
January 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
where's that old blue theme from H2V?

Zeph
January 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
The current theme is the only theme.
If you get me some screenshots of the forum from back then I'd be able to recreate it.
I only had files for evolution, source, crysis, and the couple of unreal themes we tried.
Even then, I didn't have control over them when it came down to implementing them for the horizontal postbit. Jcap never got them right.

itszutak
January 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070812182721/http://www.h2vista.net/forums/index.php

this is the best I can find on short notice...frustratingly, I can't find a backup of any actual discussion page. Someone might have saved something, but it was a long time ago...

edit:

hey found one http://web.archive.org/web/20080221013414/http://www.h2vista.net/forums/announcement.php?f=2

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/onkNH.png

Cortexian
January 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I liked the Crysis one more than source.

jcap post desk and let Zeph restore H2V.net themes.

InnerGoat
January 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
dont do it jcap you have so much to live for!

Zeph
January 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM
dont do it jcap you have so much to live for!
quiet you.

Zeph
January 6th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Look, it's this thread again.

Zeph
January 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
You can tell by the lack of source theme that things haven't changed in terms of getting things done around here over the past couple of years.

InnerGoat
January 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
halo foru

n00b1n8R
January 7th, 2013, 07:58 PM
the halo theme was by far the best hth

Zeph
January 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I'm working on a source theme right now.
It's really annoying that whoever bought vB to make vB4 didn't understand the cascading part of CSS, but it's coming along.
I'm going to roll out each theme in five stages.

First, I'll simply set proper colors for backgrounds, fonts, and non-image-buttons. This is just me making a note of what actually needs manipulating. The style editor for vB keeps track of customized styles and lets me sort changes by them. This keeps me from having to read through every single one looking for a random change I made at some point.
Second, I'll roll it out for people to pour over looking for things I missed. This is seriously likely to happen because each div has its own css that isn't inherited from a parent (parents aren't given css through the admin panel and god knows how long it would take jcap to get me ftp on modacity.net/forums).
Third, I'll start rolling out images to give gradients on things to make them more visually appealing. While this is going on, the theme will start looking very much like the board of old. I could plug in the old gradients, but I'd like to use something with transparency this time since browsers have gotten so nice at using CSS to hide overflow.
Fourth, I'll go through and remake all the buttons to give it a good bit of polish. If you didn't notice, vB4's buttons are list based, in contrast to the static images of old, so you can have different states appear differently and even animate.

Fifth, I'll rework what I've got in the postbit to remake the horizontal postbit. I've decided to call this stage: Windows 8 since Jcap loves Windows 8 so much. I've already gone through and figured out what I'll need to change around in the postbit template in terms of making user/post data show up. All I need to look at now is the postbit source to change the div/table. It should even be possible to just rename the IDs on the 3.4 horizontal postbit to match the 4.0 postbit.

Since we don't have a sandbox for me to play around with full admin on, I cant tell if it's possible to bring back the option to choose if you wanted a vertical or horizontal postbit. But I saw something on the vB support site asking if it was possible to switch from the current to legacy postbit. There's an option in the admin panel to do so, but I'm not sure if the option can be pushed to the user cp.

Bodzilla
January 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
words day Ar' ta be Shuraw, but it is the actionz dat define thar pirate

InnerGoat
January 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Server Load Averages 18.36 15.45 15.48

Zeph stop breaking shit

Cortexian
January 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I could setup a sandbox vB installation for you. Actually, I kinda already have one.

Zeph
January 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Server Load Averages 18.36 15.45 15.48

Zeph stop breaking shit
16.87 13.81 13.62 right now.
It's not me. I've been gone taking my poor grandmother to the doctor the past five and a half hours.

We've had a server load above 10 since they moved us to a new box.

n00b1n8R
January 8th, 2013, 01:54 PM
words day Ar' ta be Shuraw, but it is the actionz dat define thar pirate
10/10 post must spread rep

Cortexian
January 24th, 2013, 03:07 AM
The WIP one looks great.

Not.

Amit
January 24th, 2013, 08:48 PM
http://modreality.net/PC_Stats_Field.jpg

Oh, anyone remember this thing? Fixable.
I could even be fancy and have it animated.

I was just going to post a thread to get that working again. Good thing I read this one first. FIX IT

Zeph
January 24th, 2013, 09:38 PM
The WIP one looks great.

Not.
I hear I've uploaded the images and everything.

not.

I've got gradients remade to match the new vB stuff on Source and notes for hex values and all for those fabulous colors. Finding a time when I'm not busy and the server doesn't suck balls is the thing now.

Zeph
January 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I was just going to post a thread to get that working again. Good thing I read this one first. FIX IT

This kind of thing is the only thing I hadn't figured out. I've got the css figured, but I've yet to find where to define new CSS for the template. It was super simple for vB3, but I haven't seen anything like that in the new stylevar editor.

Amit
January 25th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Have you googled it?

Zeph
January 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Have you googled it?
how do I google it?

Jelly
January 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
モーダシティ

=sw=warlord
January 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM