PDA

View Full Version : Arma 3 and DayZ Devs have been released from Greece on bail!

Amit
January 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
That's right! Once their families pay the bail of 5000 Euros each, they will be shipped home. However, the case is far from over since judges in Greece remain on strike, so they are not yet charged. Here is an excerpt from a Rock, Paper, Shotgun article explaining the situation:

After four months in prison, without charge, and with the threat of 20 years in prison if convicted, Ivan Buchta and Martin Pezlar have been released on €5,000 bail each, and are now able to come home. Accused of taking photographs of military installations, the two have always maintained they were simply on holiday, visiting locations that they had previously added to the forthcoming ARMA 3. A huge home effort from family members and employers Bohemia Interactive gathered a great deal of press, and ultimately the attention of both nations’ top dogs.

The conditions of the bail are not yet known, but there are apparently no restrictions on their having to remain in Greece. And you have to assume it would be pretty tricky for Greece to pursue the pair once they’re back in the Czech Republic.

Source (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/15/splendid-news-imprisoned-arma-3-devs-released-on-bail)

Hopefully once they are back in the Czech Republic, they can regain the normalcy of their lives and get back to doing what they love: developing Arma 3 and DayZ.

Greaseball Greece.

DarkHalo003
January 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM
WTF? A slight copyright infringement (they had similarities in name from what I understand) put them in jail for 20 years and the bail had to be 5,000 Euros? The fuck Greece....

Amit
January 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Are you trolling?

=sw=warlord
January 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
WTF? A slight copyright infringement (they had similarities in name from what I understand) put them in jail for 20 years and the bail had to be 5,000 Euros? The fuck Greece....
I'm surprised they didn't get a higher bail, given the whole austerity thing.

Amit
January 15th, 2013, 06:33 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Did you even read the article? This has 100% nothing to do with the WarZ.

Jesus Christ.

Amit
January 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Exactly. Fucking corrupt-ass Greece government. They were charged on taking pictures of a military base in plain sight of civilian roads. Get this, the military base is right next to a civilian airport, so people coming down in planes have an even better view of the base than people from the roads. Greece authorities need to get over themselves. Nobody would want to invade their bankrupt-ass country.

Warsaw
January 16th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Persia Iran might, for old-times' sake...

DarkHalo003
January 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Did you even read the article? This has 100% nothing to do with the WarZ.

Jesus Christ.
Whoops, lost my head there. Sorry 'bout that.

Higuy
January 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I love my good ol home country but this is very stupid. Then again, their government is in shambles along with their economy, so it's not surprising.

Amit
January 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I have nothing against the people of Greece, same as the Germans in WWII. It's their stupid-ass government shitting all over everything.

TeeKup
January 16th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Persia Iran might, for old-times' sake...

Hah, history jokes. :haw:

Patrickssj6
January 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I have nothing against the people of Greece, same as the Germans in WWII. It's their stupid-ass government shitting all over everything.
Differentiating between the people and the government is only useful to a certain degree. Germans were guilty during WWII, the attitude was always there.

On topic: Don't know if I can trust all those details in the article because this really seems weird. Bail-out even though there wasn't a trial?...20 years (which is equivalent to a lifetime imprisonment in many countries) just because of some photos?

Btcc22
January 17th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Why were they jailed for four months when there was no charge brought against them?

You can keep people locked up for as long as you want these days. Just need to accuse them of terrorism, or something along those lines. :allears:

Warsaw
January 17th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I'm sure several people release when Guantanamo Bay shut down will be able to tell you abou--oh wait.