PDA

View Full Version : Halo CE Tournament revival?

Morkon2112
April 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
I was curious if anyone had any interest in reviving the old "HCET" we used to have back in the day. I'm perfectly fine with organizing it if there's enough interest in it. It seems CE is still active, not sure how much of the community would be willing to participate.

We will set the tournament at 3v3. We can change to 2v2 or 4v4 based on demand, size of teams, etc.

I am accepting applications for teams - Heres an example:

Team Name: Halo Impulse
Roster (with xfires): {HI}MorKon[xfire: morkon], {HI}Plushie[xfire: plushie], {HI}Peter[xfire: peter], {HI}Ewok[xfire: ewok]
Team Captain: {HI}MorKon

3 is the minimum team size, 4 or 5 would be ideal for scheduling/subbing.

sanni
April 23rd, 2013, 04:06 AM
If it was Nolead and the servers located in New York or Atlanta so Euros can play and have fun too without being super pro lead magicians then I would be definitly participating.

STLRamsFan
April 23rd, 2013, 01:24 PM
I mean, if there is enough interest and it's done small, I would be down. The problems before were the lack of organization (definitely our fault) and also probably being too lenient with teams who would sign up but just could not seem to get their act together in regards to timing (life gets in the way I know, was just a bit of a pain to deal with). I think if it were done as a 2v2, or 3v3, it would have a better chance of finishing in a better time... The HCEL we did was just a mess and I would say that the admins and players were at fault. I still do feel a bit bad about leaving in the middle of one HCEL because something came up in life which did not allow me to be on a whole lot.

Speaking of the HCEL, I actually still have the rule book of it on my old HD haha.

Not Inferno
April 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
I haven't played in ages but I'd be down for this.

IIRC last HCEL I was up against Rams in the first bracket haha.

Morkon2112
April 24th, 2013, 12:50 AM
If it was Nolead and the servers located in New York or Atlanta so Euros can play and have fun too without being super pro lead magicians then I would be definitly participating.

I'm personally fine with that. I know there's quite an "anti-nolead" following with some people, but I think opening up the competition is always good.

I mean, if there is enough interest and it's done small, I would be down. The problems before were the lack of organization (definitely our fault) and also probably being too lenient with teams who would sign up but just could not seem to get their act together in regards to timing (life gets in the way I know, was just a bit of a pain to deal with). I think if it were done as a 2v2, or 3v3, it would have a better chance of finishing in a better time... The HCEL we did was just a mess and I would say that the admins and players were at fault. I still do feel a bit bad about leaving in the middle of one HCEL because something came up in life which did not allow me to be on a whole lot.

Speaking of the HCEL, I actually still have the rule book of it on my old HD haha.

Yeah I realize based on the past, it'll be difficult. I'd really love to see it happen, when the tournament was running fine, it was fun (minus some drama here and there).

STLRamsFan
April 29th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Yea it was REALLY a lot of a fun when it ran smoothly. Heck, I still enjoy watching the old HCEL videos (the one with tm and r0x was a classic, the WTC3 battle was hilarious to watch haha).

You know what, when I get home from my workout, I'll post around a few communities to see what the interest is. No guarentees I'll be able to run it again since I have yet to find a decent enough laptop or PC (I have a mac...) to play it. Although if I can get bootcamp up and running on here soon, I'd be down for it.

A Summer HCEL would actually work out pretty nicely since a lot more people are flexible at that time, plus it would allow for plenty of planning and all. Let's hope no jackass comes and ruins it with his stupid "it's gonna interfer with the HPT (or whatever)!" and hack the site and ruin it for everyone.... Although I'm assuming he left? Can't remember exactly who that was.

Morkon2112
May 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM
I'll help run it for sure, I have plenty of time to kill this summer. I'll spread the word to the people I still keep in touch with, plus my clan (DG) seems relatively active.

Edit: Seems I've got at least a few members of DG interested, with it only being posted for a few minutes. I think its safe to say DG should be able to put together at least 1 team

Lateksi
May 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
I think I can speak for both TG and Realworld and many other CE communities and say that there definitely is interest in a tournament like this.

Morkon2112
May 2nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
update from the DG clan - everyone seemed really interested. One of the leaders said he has been in contact with other clans to develop a league. I'm going to get info on what all they have planned so far, and will update with any info I get.

STLRamsFan
May 2nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Yea let me know, been editing the rule book a little bit before I post up anything since I wanted to make it A LOT more simple and also see about making it so that the league doesn't run so slow... If they have developed something already, definitely let us know cause I'll be down for playing it! Otherwise I'll be definitely up for posting around with a rulebook about any interest for a HCEL revival.

Morkon2112
May 17th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Well, I waited and heard nothing conclusive from the guy who was working on a different league, so I am moving on with the current league. We will set the tournament at 3v3. We can change to 2v2 or 4v4 based on demand, size of teams, etc.

I am accepting applications for teams - Heres an example:

Team Name: Halo Impulse
Roster (with xfires): {HI}MorKon[xfire:morkon], {HI}Plushie[xfire: plushie], {HI}Peter[xfire: peter], {HI}Ewok[xfire:ewok]
Team Captain: {HI}MorKon

3 is the minimum team size, 4 or 5 would be ideal for scheduling/subbing.

Morkon2112
May 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Bump. I have created a forum for this league. If anyone is interested, you can check it out here http://paradox.byethost6.com (http://paradox.byethost6.com/)

ZeRk`
May 29th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I have been waiting for this 4 long time.

All the other HCET's have been very fun.