PDA

View Full Version : 1.10: wow, such servers

Kornman00
June 26th, 2014, 09:12 PM
much sarcasm

So I was testing a progress build of OS, that now also uses the hostpc.com master server (since we can't realistically upgrade the codebase to 1.10 at the moment, we can only support 1.09 binaries right now), and either I'm doing something wrong or there are less than 20 servers showing up (that should be all versions reported by the master server).

Is this normal in the aftermath of the gamespy shutdown? Did people not get the memo for 1.10?

InnerGoat
June 26th, 2014, 09:20 PM
but my hax won't work with the update :smith:

there were next to no players on 1.10 until i started using hac2 and now i can see forever

Cortexian
June 26th, 2014, 09:26 PM
It's you apparently. I get more than 20 servers.

http://puu.sh/9LOD8/6a74f65557.png

About that many in fact.
Are you using HAC2? Because it shows all versions servers.

RadWolfie
June 27th, 2014, 02:22 AM
I noticed it is very easy to replace the gamespy to hosthpc, both are exact 7 characters length without the need to stretch or shrink the overall strings they're in.

Since I have not heard of any issue(s) with H-Ext + Open Sauce... I have tested it myself before I could determined there are any conflict between the two and there are no conflicts (so far). It's just matter of time for someone to create an add-on (plugin) for H-Ext to replace the ____.gamespy.com to ____.hosthpc.com strings to release in public.
Or find the addresses for each ____.gamespy.com string and record their location to be replaced within Open Sauce's module.

P.S. Not trying to thread jacking, just a helpful info and introduce other options to have Open Sauce go into new master server list.

t3h m00kz
June 27th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Are you using HAC2? Because it shows all versions servers.

didn't uh

all the other servers go down with gamespy though?? or am I an r-tard

n00b1n8R
June 27th, 2014, 07:38 AM
They didn't but i don't get why that's the case either. Did all the BR's update their cracks to use the new server or something?

Cortexian
June 28th, 2014, 02:00 PM
All SAPP servers broadcast to 1.10 now even if they're 1.09. Unless specifically stated in the SAPP config IIRC.