PDA

View Full Version : Someone should make High Ground

blank98
May 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
For those of you who have played the Halo 3 BETA know what im talking about, it's one of the maps you get to play in Halo 3 Beta, I was thinking for you map makers, you should try making it in the map editor. I love that map, I don't think it would be too hard but then again i know nothing about making maps.

EDIT for those who havn't played the Halo 3 Beta this is a Highground screen shot
http://www.techpowerup.com/img/06-11-26/H3MPAlphaHighGroundAssault.jpg

Teroh
May 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I say lets have Custom maps, not Halo 3 or Halo 1 maps.

TeeKup
May 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I say lets have Custom maps, not Halo 3 or Halo 1 maps.

Agreed.

PenGuin1362
May 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
one step ahead of your guys ;)

expect something from me and arteen in the future...if he comes alive again :(

Digikid
May 29th, 2007, 05:15 AM
looking forward to High Ground on H2V. EXCELLENT map indeed.

Xetsuei
May 29th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Random is making it.

Kornman00
May 29th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Someone should make a custom map. That isn't a past something regurgitated into pure crap. Nor a past MP map :|

Someone should port Halo 2 to PC :v

Nick
May 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Some port Lockout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

HMReaper
May 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
indeed that is a great map. I dont see why it would make people mad if someone wants to recreate a good map so they can enjoy it on different games.

Ki11a_FTW
May 29th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Let Halo 3 be halo 3 and halo 2 be halo 2.

blank98
May 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is , if we have the map editor we might as well make it, it's a great map, or we can wait 5 years for Halo 3 to port to the PC.

HMReaper
May 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is , if we have the map editor we might as well make it, it's a great map, or we can wait 5 years for Halo 3 to port to the PC.
AMEN. before someone says "if you want to play it then get H3X"....ummm some poeple enjoy porting over maps from other games. I like playing HangumHigh on CS:S. so i dont see a problem.

PsychoRaven
May 29th, 2007, 03:04 PM
You know what. I agree if people want to port old maps or maps from Halo 3 then by all means let them. It isn't like they are going to hold a gun to your head and force you to download it.

I know I enjoyed the Halo 2 maps that were ported to Halo Custom Edition. There will always be fresh maps too. It isn't like they will do nothing but ports.

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I say stop telling other people to do your idea and instead you yourself learn how to map and make it yourself. Nothing hurts me more to see someone saying all these ideas when they can't do shit except tell people how they want it.

blank98
May 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I say stop telling other people to do your idea and instead you yourself learn how to map and make it yourself. Nothing hurts me more to see someone saying all these ideas when they can't do shit except tell people how they want it.

Nah I got better things to do, How about you make it right now. Do it do it.

Limited
May 29th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I do hope there are alot more custom maps in h2v. However high ground is just pure ownage and should defiantly be attempted at :)

X3RO SHIF7
May 29th, 2007, 04:53 PM
id like to see halo 3 maps, halo 1 maps and custom maps IMO, im interested in seeing how close the halo 2 engine can emulate halo 3

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM

No. Seriously, if you want high ground to be played on H2V, you do it your own fucking self and not tell people to do it for you. You will be more satisfied with the results.

Limited
May 29th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Chill dude. He was only pitching an idea. Getting it out in the open. No offense to him but I think more experienced people here could make a crazily awesome version of the map. Maybe thats why he posted it to.

Concept artists think up ideas, they dont make the models/maps/whatever, they just put the idea to the board. You saying to them "stop telling them what other should do and they should start themself?"

Also I dont just mean professional concept artists, people become them because they have good ideas but just dont have the skills to make the model or whatever.

ShadowCloud
May 29th, 2007, 05:50 PM
OH, this map would be perfect for halo ce.

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Hey, even I would like to play High Ground on H2V, but I know since I don't possess the skills to do it, I might as well keep my mouth shut and let whoever wants to make it, make it, not pester (skilled) mappers to do it.

jcap
May 29th, 2007, 05:51 PM
If you've got "better things to do", then what are you doing posting on a forum telling someone else to make a map because you're not willing to do it yourself? :haw:

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
If you've got "better things to do", then what are you doing posting on a forum telling someone else to make a map because you're not willing to do it yourself? :haw:

Better yet, why even play Halo if you have "better things to do."

This thread is no different to the many Halo CE threads asking mappers "omfg lokcout iz a aw3sum map!!11+shift u nubz beter mak3 1t rite now!!12"

I have not seen ONE decent lockout map on Halo CE ever since it was released, Zanzibar was the closest to an H2 map, there were no other good Halo 2 remakes, what makes you think that someone is going to make High Ground? No doubt there will be some versions released, but most likely in very very crappy quality, unless a group of amazing mappers can actually work together and get it done.

Limited
May 29th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Better yet, why even play Halo if you have "better things to do."

This thread is no different to the many Halo CE threads asking mappers "omfg lokcout iz a aw3sum map!!11+shift u nubz beter mak3 1t rite now!!12"

I have not seen ONE decent lockout map on Halo CE ever since it was released, Zanzibar was the closest to an H2 map, there were no other good Halo 2 remakes, what makes you think that someone is going to make High Ground? No doubt there will be some versions released, but most likely in very very crappy quality, unless a group of amazing mappers can actually work together and get it done.Thats because there has been like 1 map released of lockout, there were supposely a few leaks though.

Also, least this thread isnt a "WEHY I HATE H2V!", "WHY h2v RUINED MYT LIFE!!!" "OMGZ DELAAAAAAY!!!" I'm getting sick of them :)

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah, true, but we'll be getting those in a few days when noobs discover this site >.>

Stealth
May 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I hated Lockout, but Ivory towers is my fav.

Also, least this thread isnt a "WEHY I HATE H2V!", "WHY h2v RUINED MYT LIFE!!!" "OMGZ DELAAAAAAY!!!" I'm getting sick of them :)
>.> you're not the only one. I'm getting sick and tird of these rant threads, about how bad H2V is, ya Jcaps is needed, because the Dede servers just planely suck for H2V, they still need some work. but all of the "H2V's GFX suck, every things in H2V" "H2V doesn't run on my computer that well, I can ron half life 2 on my computer at high, but not H2V" got to be left in a dary, or a jurnal or something, other then the forums. :mad: And I would like to see High Grounds in H2V, some day, I would make it, but... I'm lacking a Xbox 360, a Halo 3 beta, and a modeling program that can do that kind of stuff.

Leiukemia
May 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Oh no, somebody wants a map that you think should'nt be made, kill the blasphemers!

Neuro Guro
May 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM
unless a group of amazing mappers can actually work together and get it done.

Thing is, is most decent mappers would prefer to do their own work.

Not that I wouldn't like to see it in H2v, I just wouldn't want to be the one working on it.

blank98
May 29th, 2007, 08:45 PM
No. Seriously, if you want high ground to be played on H2V, you do it your own fucking self and not tell people to do it for you. You will be more satisfied with the results.

I think somebuddy had a bad day, I was joking dude, but seriously go make Highground right now.

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I think somebuddy had a bad day, I was joking dude, but seriously go make Highground right now.

Wow. I speak sarcasm like a second language buddy, and you're not one to talk here, especially since you're new. Either you post something useful and worth discussing, or you just stop. Try being serious here.

Thing is, is most decent mappers would prefer to do their own work.

Not that I wouldn't like to see it in H2v, I just wouldn't want to be the one working on it.

Yeah, that's why these conversions usually never work. H2CE team was able to hold together long enough to release a few decent maps, such as New Mombasa and Zanzibar, the rest I did not care about much. But they still had more maps in progress such as Forlorn, maps that I would've liked to seen played on the PC, before H2V. That is why maps such as lockout, headlong, forlorn, etc have not been made, and no decent versions will probably ever be made. This is why anyone trying to do a conversion of High Ground is pointless, unless like I said above, you and a team are very dedicated and don't plan on giving up, and you're all very skilled. As Neuro said, most skilled mappers perfer to work by themselves, such as Conscars, who is working by himself (at least I think he is doing it himself) on Valhalla.

Think again buddy, mapping isn't as easy as "i want this map made so make it in 3 days or else ur gay," nor as it as easy as going "lol i just gotta get max and model it out." There are very few people here that would even possess the mapping skills to do something like High Ground, and those people probably don't even care about doing High Ground, just like no one but noobs cared to do Lockout. Now please, stop arguing with me.

Oh and btw, this is me talking to a newbie on a good day.:beating:

blank98
May 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Wow. I speak sarcasm like a second language buddy, and you're not one to talk here, especially since you're new. Either you post something useful and worth discussing, or you just stop. Try being serious here.

Yeah, that's why these conversions usually never work. H2CE team was able to hold together long enough to release a few decent maps, such as New Mombasa and Zanzibar, the rest I did not care about much. But they still had more maps in progress such as Forlorn, maps that I would've liked to seen played on the PC, before H2V. That is why maps such as lockout, headlong, forlorn, etc have not been made, and no decent versions will probably ever be made. This is why anyone trying to do a conversion of High Ground is pointless, unless like I said above, you and a team are very dedicated and don't plan on giving up, and you're all very skilled. As Neuro said, most skilled mappers perfer to work by themselves, such as Conscars, who is working by himself (at least I think he is doing it himself) on Valhalla.

Think again buddy, mapping isn't as easy as "i want this map made so make it in 3 days or else ur gay," nor as it as easy as going "lol i just gotta get max and model it out." There are very few people here that would even possess the mapping skills to do something like High Ground, and those people probably don't even care about doing High Ground, just like no one but noobs cared to do Lockout. Now please, stop arguing with me.

Oh and btw, this is me talking to a newbie on a good day.:beating:

Arguing with you..... right

Anyways, I would make it myself but I hear you need this special program to make all the shaders blah blah blah and I don't have that. Also I have never made a map in any other game. Im just asking for those who like to create maps on there spare time, then they should create Highground because imo it's a great map and should be made. That's all im saying and I know some of you on these forums like to create maps.

Pooky
May 29th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I can't help but think of the Metroid Prime Hunters map when you say that... I should make it. It's a pretty cool map.

m13120
May 29th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Arguing with you..... right

Anyways, I would make it myself but I hear you need this special program to make all the shaders blah blah blah and I don't have that. Also I have never made a map in any other game. Im just asking for those who like to create maps on there spare time, then they should create Highground because imo it's a great map and should be made. That's all im saying and I know some of you on these forums like to create maps.

Lol, you cant download the paintshop/photoshop trial? You can also download the trial for 3ds max, everything else comes with H2V, that is, unless you don't have it, but if you don't have it, why would you be telling people to make maps for it? Anyways, so what if you have never made a map? All these map creators started somewhere. No, you're not asking map creators to do it in their spare time, you are just too lazy to learn how to do it yourself that you ask other people to do it for you.