PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Map Editor 'Stopped Working'

Blazing Shooter
June 2nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Alright, so after playing halo 2 vista, I decided to go and see what the map editor has to offer. So I install it. The Halo Map Editor Launcher comes up, I want to see sapien. I press H2Sapien, and without showing any window or anything it comes up and says Sapien Level Editor stopped working. So then I tried the others, ending up with the same results. Can anyone help :eyesroll:

btw here is a pic:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4zu13zo.jpg

:confused:

Reaper Man
June 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
LOLWHUT? That's absurd.

Nick
June 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
It detected your Gears of War wallpaper and got jealous.

Yes, you are dealing with a jilted lover. Fear for your safety.

Nick

Roostervier
June 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
If you do something that the tag editor doesn't like, it does that. Just reload it.

Blazing Shooter
June 3rd, 2007, 12:34 AM
I haven't messed with anything because nothing will open! I couldn't of done anything the editor didn't like 'cause nothing will open. lol. :(

p0lar_bear
June 3rd, 2007, 02:38 AM
Dip into your Halo 2 Map Editor folder, and then into the reports folder in there. Open debug.html, scroll all the way to the bottom, and post the last set of entries.

Patrickssj6
June 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Disable UAC and what not and launch the H2Sapien.exe not with that crappy home made app launcher.

Blazing Shooter
June 3rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Instructions on how to disable UAC?(i'll look into it)

Can't give you the debug because I there is no file with debug on it. :mad:

Patrickssj6
June 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
I don't have Vista but many people say UAC causes many problems.

Google it:)

Blazing Shooter
June 3rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
That did not work. :(

Blazing Shooter
June 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Anymore suggestions?:smith:

p0lar_bear
June 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I see my suggestion/instruction went completely and totally ignored. Oh well.

Blazing Shooter
June 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I did try it-since i havent even used it because of the errors there are no reports folder.....

p0lar_bear
June 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Oh, sorry. I thought Sapien would have dumped exception data as well as engine errors. :downs:

Checkmate
June 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I have the same problem as Blazing Shooter. Reinstalling did nothing, and there's no information about this error on the Bungie or affilated websites. Also don't have a debug.html folder, just a text file called debug_menu_init.

w3tw1lly
June 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I also have the same problem. I can't even launch any of the editing progs. They just give me a 'Stopped Working' error before any loading screen or anything comes up. I click to start it and it just says it has stopped working.

Blazing Shooter
June 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yea what they said :hyper:

PyTh0N
June 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
FireDragon has this same problem and we havent been able to fix it either.

Patrickssj6
June 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Get Windows XP

LAWL oh the irony

FireDragon04
June 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone found away to fix this yet? :confused2:

shallondra
June 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hi -

Have the same problem.

I went as far as looking at the Event Viewer etc. There is the Event 1000 general error on both h2sapien.exe and h2guetella.exe.

Looking in to the problems, I went as far as formatting the drive and installing Windows Vista and just the H2 Map Editor - still does not work.

The debug.html in the \reports folder for the user's profile does not exist, presumably because the program just doesn't launch far enough to be able to write that file. It is not the DVD, as it was taken to another Vista machine and installed the Map Editor, worked like a charm (with UAC I might add).

Clearly this is a program that needs a patch or there's an unidentified incompatibility with some piece of hardware. DXDIAG reports no problems.

This program is crappy - to say the least.

Checkmate
June 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Still having this problem, anyone find a solution or know where I can look?

Demon
June 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Try running it as an admin. Right click the icon > Run as administrator.
Maybe that'll work... it fixed one of my problems related to the Map editor

Blazing Shooter
June 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Try running it as an admin. Right click the icon > Run as administrator.
Maybe that'll work... it fixed one of my problems related to the Map editor

This did not work.

FireDragon04
June 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I'm calling Microsoft about this tomorrow. I even went as far as going out and buying another copy of the game and also reformatting previously, so i have no idea, so Microsoft will be getting a load of **** off me tomorrow if they don't find a fix. I'll post if i find how to fix tomorrow.

Syuusuke
June 17th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Run it on one core? I didn't have that problem...but try it anyway =(

FireDragon04
June 18th, 2007, 10:34 AM
On the phone to lovely Microsoft now, spoke 2 1 guy, now on hold to technical support. so ill edit this post later.

Checkmate
June 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM
After 6 months of expierence with vista, running as admin is the first thing I alwasy try, lol. Let us know how that goes Firedragon.

FireDragon04
June 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Yea called, and they said they would call back, before, but nope. He didn't have it installed so he grabbed the disk, and he installed it, and it worked fine for him. But i'm going to call them AGAIN. JOY, YAY! :lol:

Checkmate
July 6th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Any new updates for the problem? I wont go as far as reformatting, but nothing I've tried works.

beele
July 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
For those who want to disable UAC there are two ways to do this.

Through the control panel.
Through the registry.==> Disable UAC through the control panel:

Go the the start menu and select "control panel".
Once in the control panel select "user accounts".
There you will see some options for user accounts, and an option to disable UAC, select that one.
Give UAC the permission to continue and disable UAC.
Windows will now nag you from time to time to enable UAC again, I suggest you ignore that :).==> Disable UAC through the registry:

NOTE: This is dangerous and is at your own risk to try. I've translated this from my dutch windows, so it might needed to look a bit better to find what I mean.

Go to the start menu and type "security" in the search box, and press enter.
A window will now open, on your left you have a tree menu, and at the right you will have a description.
Select "Local policy" and then select "security options" from the drop down menu.
There will now appear many options at the right side of the window.
Search the list for "User account control: execute all administrators in the mode 'approve through administrator'.
Double click on that one and set it do disabled.
UAC is now disabled through the registry and windows will not nag you with warnings.Point 6 is the one you need to be careful with, I have translated it the best I could but I might be needed to look good, before you take actions.

For me, all the apps from the map editor work fine even with UAC enabled.