PDA

View Full Version : How do i edit maps?

WingedKirby4
June 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
How can i edit maps like Zanzibar, Turf, Headlong, etc? And how can i edit the weapons and vehicles?

SuperSunny
June 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
You can't :p

bleach
June 3rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
H2EK kind of sucks. It is like having your modding skills locked up in a tiny cube.

SuperSunny
June 3rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
H2EK kind of sucks. It is like having your modding skills locked up in a tiny cube.

Well, H2EK was never meant to be a modding tool, it was meant to be a map maker.

flibitijibibo
June 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Why'd they call it the EDITING kit then? I never got that...

Snowy
June 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Well, I'm glad you can't edit maps... IT will prevent a bunch of noobs just putting a bunch of trees in coagulation and calling it a totally new map.

X3RO SHIF7
June 3rd, 2007, 05:47 PM
How can i edit maps like Zanzibar, Turf, Headlong, etc? And how can i edit the weapons and vehicles?
No Chaos Maps for You.

SuperSunny
June 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM

They called it the Halo 2 Map Maker in most references. It's an editing kit, of course, because you have the ability to create and edit tags, but, it's designed as a map maker, not a modding utility. It's not a Halo 2 Mod Kit.

Nubblecakes
June 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
I seriously think the way they have editing set up in Halo to be harder than it needs to be. Take the Source Engine for example. The mapping program has everything built right in. The compiler, the raw mapping, and the population tool (object tool) are built into one. I don't see why Bungie couldn't just do that instead of make it this complicated. It will take me a while to get used to it.

Con
June 3rd, 2007, 11:56 PM
I seriously think the way they have editing set up in Halo to be harder than it needs to be. Take the Source Engine for example. The mapping program has everything built right in. The compiler, the raw mapping, and the population tool (object tool) are built into one. I don't see why Bungie couldn't just do that instead of make it this complicated. It will take me a while to get used to it.
Exactly, it won't be hard once you've learned it. It's really not that difficult to use.

Nubblecakes
June 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Hammer Editor was never hard to learn for me. :D

But yeah, you are certainly right about that. But I need a kick in the arse as to where I need to start to even begin making maps. Can anyone tell me? :confused2:

WingedKirby4
June 4th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Where can i get H2EK, so i can edit/make tags?

Syuusuke
June 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
When you first pop in your Halo 2 CD, there should be an option to install it.

I also remember that if anyone ever manges to mod the stock maps, it'll just be like HCE, you won't be able to join that server because of map differences and you'll have to download it.

WingedKirby4
June 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Hmm, will there be a H2MT? Like the HMT (Halo mapping tool), cause i find that somewhat easy for making new bitmaps for weapons and all, and i think importing models, cause either it was Halo CE, or Halo PC, but i seen a mod for a different looking assault rifle

et_cg
June 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM

It's a Map editor, meaning you edit maps you make. It would be pointless if they made a brand new tool that compares to the countless editors the community has made, all they would have to do is leave their maps unlocked.

Elite Killa
June 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
In a way, I'm glad it doesn't let you edit stock maps cause if it ever did, then we'd see Lockout with tanks, Ascension with wraiths, Warlock with every weapon shooting rockets, Terminal and Zanzibar with Banshees everywhere, and all of that noobish stuff.

Plus, I don't want thousands upon thousands of Coagulation or Zanzibar modifications anyway. (Take a look at the hundreds of millions of Blood Gulch mods for Halo CE) Maybe Hired Gun looked at Halo CE and saw the number of Blood Gulch mods and perhaps decided, for the sake of humanity, to just let the players create their own BSPs instead of Chaos Lockout going into play.