PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instances of H2V dedicated server

{XF} Doc
June 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Ok we’ve been able to get our 2k3 dedicated box up and running with H2V and I started trying to get more than one instance going, and have run into a few road blocks. When I try to start a new server I get UDP:23056 already being used so I tried using different ports but I still get UDP 23056 is still in use so I’m not adding it in the right place, does anyone have any insight on this?

I’ve also tried to create a second service instance by renaming it but no matter what I try there it still see’s it as the same one, which I thought would happen but I was really hopping =). I guess a good question is does anyone have more than one instance running on one Box? And if so what steps did you take?

{XF} Doc
June 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM
LOL NVM score! Reading is fundamental!

Knome
June 6th, 2007, 12:13 AM
We're also running into the same problems. I think it may have to do with the fact that they are using the same system resources. Like reg key and other stuff. Haven't found a way around it yet.

{XF}Lowsy
June 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ignore this thread completly.

That's all I came to say.

poppinaclip
June 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Do you guys mind posting how you got more then one instance running and how i can set diff ports for diff servers?

{XF}Lowsy
June 14th, 2007, 10:15 PM
1st, forget multiple ports. Thats the way Halo1 did it.

H2Vista uses 'live' for it's multiple instances. Just type 'h2server' by itself to see all of the options.