PDA

View Full Version : Error: Found duplicate...

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Can someone help me out with this...

"4. In the Save as Type list, click Bungie ASS (*.ASS).
5. Type a name in the File Name box (usually the same as your Max file name) and .ass, and then click Save.

A dialog box with a few options in it appears. For now, ignore them and click OK.

After a moment you will see the message ".ASS export finished" followed by a list of any warnings or errors that occurred (there should be 0).
6. Click the Done button."

I do that but no dialog box comes up where I can ignore them and click ok. Nor is there a done button.

If I skip that step I get to the level compiling but I get this error.

Found duplicate shader collection...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2599/untitledlm4.jpg

Patrickssj6
June 12th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Error: Found duplicate...No...

Warning: Found duplicate...You can ignore it.Press any key and continue.

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I ignore it but when i run it in sapien it crashes saying corrupt file.

Patrickssj6
June 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
There should be a debug.html in the same folder as sapien or in the documents...halo2 folder.

If it exist it will tell you the error. :)

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Did everything the code brain guy did in his tutorial and got the error anyways

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9265/untitledus5.jpg

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM
After you have compiled. Light the level. Sapien cannot run an unlit level.

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 09:43 PM
:( Still got the same error.

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Try this:

Instead of using a directory with a space, such as tags\scenarios\multi\"my level"

Use an underscore.

Tell me if that doesnt work.

Just copy all of your work, making sure all of your shaders, file name, object names, etc, have underscores. Under scores look like this: _

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Lol, I know what an underscore is :p

Also, When you say 'lightmaps' do you mean by clicking the option "Light Only" and then compile?

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
The order in which various tutorials describe to light levels is compile>then light.

You have to have level geometry before you light.

If you light the geometry you've made, then compile, you write over what's been done. (Mostly if new geometry has been added) Sometimes even when new geometry isn't added. Make sure you select:

Compile & Light, hence the reason why it's there.

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
you are the man it works now

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Remember to read the help files next time. And if you need any more, I say anymore help. Just feel free to post 'em here.

I'll try to answer if no one else has. Or perhaps help.

Demon
June 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
:) Cool, wanna help me with one more thing?

I opened sapien and now I cant get the hierarchy view to display, I even went under view and checked the box, still nothing.

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM
It might be up already, and may be hidden under other windows. Make sure you fingle around with your whole workspace and familiarize yourself with what's all there.

Demon
June 13th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Arg!! I searched and searched, still nothing i even re-installed the map editor... :(

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 12:03 AM
You may just have the age-old problem with Sapien. It choosing who it likes. I remember having UI problems with Sapien on my old computer build.

Demon
June 13th, 2007, 12:05 AM
:( So, nothing to fix it huh?

StankBacon
June 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
try this.

http://www.halonews.org/stuff/h2sapienwindowfix.reg

Demon
June 13th, 2007, 12:19 AM
OMFG... Thanks so much.. Ive been messing with this forever now. Thanks for the help thusfar... Ill post if I need anything else :)

Demon
June 13th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Excuse the dbl post but when I go to package my level, it dosnt copy to my maps folder even though I have the box checked. "Cop to custom maps folder when complete"

-Do I have to do the guerilla part? The video tutorial didn't, said he didnt have the file and his worked.

StankBacon
June 13th, 2007, 05:03 AM
when it copies it to the maps folder, it copies it to your my games/halo 2/maps folder in your documents folder.... not the regular halo maps folder.

for some reason they thought that it would be a good idea to keep your custom maps there :S

Demon
June 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Nope, nothing there... searched and searched.

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Make sure it is your User Name you are searching under. The document folder that is, under your user name.