PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Servers and Accounts

peaches
June 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Okay, so I have a question regarding creating a dedicated server: I have an XBL account already set up that I use to play H2X on occasion, and from what I've gathered, it is only possible to set up a dedicated server through Gold Accounts. Am I correct in thinking that I can use my XBL account as a Gold Account on GFWL? Next, I basically have little to no idea of how dedicated servers work, or custom games with H2V, because I haven't gotten my new laptop and haven't played H2V yet. If I host a game with my Gold Account, can I play in it? If I create a dedicated server, will I be able to play in it with the same account that has created the server? If not, is it possible to be signed into GFWL with two accounts at the same time?
(e.g. I create the server with the Gold Account, but use a silver one to play) And, lastly, if any of this is possible, would a laptop with the following specs be able to do it?

Inspiron 9400, Intel Core Duo processor T2350 (2MB/1.86GHz/533MHz)
2GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Windows Vista Ultimate

Sorry if I have no idea what I'm talking about:eyesroll:

Snowy
June 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
You have to have a Gold account to host a server (one that you play in). You can have a silver account to run a dedicated server. XBL accounts work on GFWL.

That's all I can answer

jahrain
June 17th, 2007, 02:27 AM
And you also are forbidden from playing on the same computer as the dedicated server while it is running. Although I haven't tested this myself so I'm not too sure but, I don't think that you can play within the same local area network or on the same IP as the dedicated server as well. Just something you should be aware of if you plan on using the dedicated server.