PDA

View Full Version : Sapien Error

Keeep Out
June 20th, 2007, 03:18 AM
to start, i am very new to map making. after I made my first map I exported it as a .ASS file and everything worked fine... but when I tried to open the .scenario file that was made out of the .ASS file with Sapien it says its corrupt. Just to see if Sapien all together was working or not I tried the example.scenario file and it opened up fine. So I thought my map was to big or complex. So I made another smaller and less complex map. didnt work either. I finally made a box... just a box... didnt work either. Iv looked through tutorials and I cant find anything I did wrong. iv uploaded the .max file of the last box I made (I made it on 3ds Max 7 if it makes a difference) to see if someone can look through it and tell me what I did wrong and what to do. Sorry for waisting you guy's time but I really dont know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any help. thank you

http://putstuff.putfile.com/89395/8976631

teh lag
June 20th, 2007, 06:33 AM
You must run lightmaps before opening. I know this isn't mentioned in the tutorial; it's just something that must be done. If it still occurs, open your secenario in Guerilla and double-check that the lightmap reference is valid.

kusanagikei
June 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
to start, i am very new to map making. after I made my first map I exported it as a .ASS file and everything worked fine... but when I tried to open the .scenario file that was made out of the .ASS file with Sapien it says its corrupt. Just to see if Sapien all together was working or not I tried the example.scenario file and it opened up fine. So I thought my map was to big or complex. So I made another smaller and less complex map. didnt work either. I finally made a box... just a box... didnt work either. Iv looked through tutorials and I cant find anything I did wrong. iv uploaded the .max file of the last box I made (I made it on 3ds Max 7 if it makes a difference) to see if someone can look through it and tell me what I did wrong and what to do. Sorry for waisting you guy's time but I really dont know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any help. thank you

http://putstuff.putfile.com/89395/8976631

This was mentioned in a thread I started. I had the same problem. I was informed to either enter Geurilla and add lightmaps from the example, but and easier solution is to just compile with lighting. This was also mentioned in the thread "Feedback after a long weekend with Map Editor" but when reading it I didn't understand what the creator was talking about until I encountered the error and received some more information and why it wasn't working.

Now I just need to find some information and how to use guerilla and sapien. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to map editing. So some in depth coverage on those topics and lightmapping would help a bunch. I'm sure would help us both out.

Keeep Out
June 21st, 2007, 03:34 AM
i dont see see an option to add lightmaps in geurilla. i tried compiling with lighting too and it still is not working