PDA

View Full Version : Another way to edit and create shaders?

Roostervier
June 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well, I'd like to know if there is something I can turn on or off in Guerilla to make this work. In halo 1, it didn't matter if the folder was read only, and but apparently it does in halo 2's guerilla. Now, I used to be able to modify and create shaders, because I could make it so the folder is no longer read only. Now that does not work, for some odd reason (UAC is off) and I'm left almost utterly useless since I cannot create nor edit shaders in Guerilla. I have searched on google for the past 3 days how to fix my read only problem, none of the solutions working. Anyone know or have an idea of how to edit them now? Or how to fix my read only problem (it even does it in my Documents folder)? I also reinstalled already, did not change a thing.

Chromide
June 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
when you start the h2ek try right clicking it and clicking "Run as Administrator"

Roostervier
June 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I did that before, does absolutely nothing, and I shouldn't have to since UAC is off.

et_cg
June 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Did you download the tags Kornman released?

Chromide
June 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
have you tried installing it somewhere that is not read only.....ex I have two hardrives so if i install it on the second one instead of program files(which is read only if im not mistaken) then I can do as I please with the files

Roostervier
June 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Did you download the tags Kornman released?
Yes. And I fixed it! I finally figured out that (after I thought I had ridded myself of them) that there were some of his tags left in the Documents\Halo 2\tags folder.

[edit] If someone could lock this? And thanks for the help.

et_cg
June 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Yes. And I fixed it! I finally figured out that (after I thought I had ridded myself of them) that there were some of his tags left in the Documents\Halo 2\tags folder.

[edit] If someone could lock this? And thanks for the help.

No problem, I just noticed plenty of people having the same problems. I'm sorry you had to experience it too. Eeek!