PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Prophet of Regret! H2V harder than H2?

colin002
June 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I'm playing on Heroic.
I've been trying for a very long time on the Regret mission, "Sorry, were you in the middle of something" part. I have read through many walkthroughs on it but none seems to work, I went to this legendary walkthrough site for H2 with videos and it seems way easier!
Is Halo 2 Xbox easier than Halo 2 for Windows Vista?? There are much more Honor Guards in H2V than in the H2 video.:confused:

Can someone tell me a easy walkthrough for this mission on Heroic, Please?:eyesroll:

armoman92
June 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
it is the same exact game. Its the same. same.

same

same
Just try to run through the level killing the least possible people except at the end when u kill the prophet, worked for me!:D

KennyownsU
June 27th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Use noob combo a lot, A LOT. Swords work too but watch out for their melee. Have plenty of nades, use dual PRs sometimes to break shields then switch to your BR or carbine if you have one.

Ki11a_FTW
June 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
...dude its so easy right wen i get to that room i charge to the prophet and baord him, killing any honor guards with my energy sword in my way

Dr Nick
June 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Snag the sword, kill some of the honor guards, then take a ride on Regrets seat! As soon as you kill him, jump off, and run away from it!!

Then, while you wait for the movie to start, try not to get killed by the other covies!

xhedgehogx
June 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
It seems I get killed a lot easier in Halo2pc. I dunno, I was playing the first level on normal, the elite shoots me like once then melees me and I'm dead.

Teroh
June 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Uh, I beat the game on Heroic, and that was barely a challenge. Just take your time, make the guys come to you. Sticking them with their back turned is a good way to keep distance but kill.

spartacvs
June 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Beating that on Heroic was EASY AS HELL. Grab a sword and kill every honor guard and grunt you see... when you get an opening go board the hover chair, if you get knocked off, wash, rinse, repeat.

Legendary was another story, that was one of the hardest levels in h2v. You couldn't use the sword cause it wouldn't do anything, the guards can take 4 swipes and you take 1 to die, you had to use the noob combo. It also took like 7 separate board-n'-bashes to kill Regret. Every time you fell off you'd be surrounded by the most powerful elites in the game. It was a good thing there were so many grunts to kill, because if there weren't, there wouldn't have been enough of a pile of plasma pistols at the top level of the room for me to kill all the elites. There were so many times where I just booked it back up the ramp after getting knocked off the hover chair, and then spin around and see a sword charging behind me... thank god the plasma pistol overcharge knocks them back a bit otherwise I would have to hit the elite's face with my BR shot an inch away from the gun.

FRain
June 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ummm.... On Heroic in the Xbox I simply just killed the honor guards, boarded him and punched him to death.

Elite Killa
June 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Have plenty, plenty of plasma grenades, if you have a sniper, use it on the honor guards. Try to get the FRC next to the dead grunts above the room of the first elevator going to the next building before advancing. That should clean out most of the grunts.

ejburke
June 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Legendary is somewhat hard, but Heroic is easy. Just avoid the Elites and focus on pounding Regret. When he teleports, keep moving and get back to the upper levels. Only engage the Elites if you get cornered. You'll be facing mostly Sword Elites and they're very easy to dodge and kill from behind.

Ki11a_FTW
June 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM
0_0 legendary was easy just walked into the room with a rocket lancher and shot it at regret

Then just sat there with the energy sword killing all the honor gaurds until the cutscene came

ejburke
June 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Huh, rockets work on Regret? I thought he was shielded from everything.

Chronos
June 27th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I killed him on Legendary.
What I did was.. Kill the honor guards first (Sniper + carbine combo), board the ghost like thing and melee him. Then after he teleports himself run back to the main entrance.. let all of them follow you and kill them off one by one from your cover spot.