PDA

View Full Version : Noob to making maps

Dr Dmoney
July 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
I have looked for tutorials and information, read the help in the map making program, and made a few crappy sky box maps. The problem is that I really don't understand much other than how to create a sky box map with a few walls. I know how to create spawns, weapon placement, and veichle placement. The thing is, my maps are bland. I don't know any other .shader files than that of the help section (in the map editor) f_im flat_light_scratchy and +sky. And I don't know how to create a rock to start doing bumbmaps in mudbox. What I am really saying is that I need help, in these felds by a good well rounded tutorial. Any other help to point me in the right dirrection would be great.

I have max 9 and 7 as well just if you were wondering.

Con
July 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
If you can't seem to get by that box map stage, then you should consider doing some basic modeling tutorials out there.

Dr Dmoney
July 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I know but I have not seen any good ones.

[EJ] Bean
July 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I can't help you with textures, I'm having the same problems, got worse when ghost's shaders turned out to be corrupt. Take Conscars' advice. I recomend using some halo ce tutorials, heck even the tutorial that came with halo ce described more modeling.

http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/#levels

That's a good place to go.

Dr Dmoney
July 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
What do you mean by ghost's shaders are corrupt?

And also Thanks for the tutorials.

[EJ] Bean
July 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
The general consensus was that the tags messed up guerrilla for some reason. I wouldn't know why. Here's a link to the thread incase you want to take your chances:

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3410

Kornman00
July 3rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Bean;93763']got worse when ghost's shaders turned out to be corrupt.
1. Thanks for blaming the Ghost :-3
2. They're not actually corrupt, just lacking information for one little thing that is used over and over. That and the shaders are in their target platform's runtime state and not in their development state.