PDA

View Full Version : "UNABLE TO JOIN"

bl93
July 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM
i made an account for live and i signed in and was able to get acheivements and i went to the multiplayer lobby. whenever i try to join a game it says

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z170/brandonctl/unabletojon.jpg
its been saying that everytime i try.

also sometimes when i play campaign while im playing i get a pop up at the bottom of my screen saying "disconnected from live"

I couldn't find out how to fix it. Please help me.

Con
July 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM
All I can think of is maybe your game isn't a legal version?

armoman92
July 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM
this is from one of 2 reasons.

1 Youu have a silver account so u cant join games from your live guide

2 h2v, for ur networking, uses the options 'windows default'. It takes a while for the game to find out what that is. what you should do is go into settings on the main menu and then go into network and switch it to whatever you want to play on ( have a laptop so i can choose wireless or hardwired...).

If this doesn't work... well then THE internet is broken, not YOUR internet, THE internet is broken. U'll hve to ask stephen hawkings for help on that one.

:D

spookers622
July 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
that error usually hapens when the game doesn't display any ping... ther's also certain peole's games that i can NEVER join. ican plauy iwth them, just not if one of us hosts it.

bl93
July 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM
this is from one of 2 reasons.

1 Youu have a silver account so u cant join games from your live guide

2 h2v, for ur networking, uses the options 'windows default'. It takes a while for the game to find out what that is. what you should do is go into settings on the main menu and then go into network and switch it to whatever you want to play on ( have a laptop so i can choose wireless or hardwired...).

If this doesn't work... well then THE internet is broken, not YOUR internet, THE internet is broken. U'll hve to ask stephen hawkings for help on that one.

:D

i changed the network settings to the one i play on but it still doesn't work. i have a silver account though, im not sure what you mean by joining games by the live guide. how am i supposed to join?

et_cg
July 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Sometimes, the hops that Halo 2 takes have troubles with peer to peer games. I've been able to converse with others on computer applications, but in Halo 2 for Xbox there was a lot of errors joining games at times. There just those couple of people who them or I couldn't be together in a room one of us hosted. I noticed this still carries over to Halo 2 Vista. To fix the problem, have someone else be host, or go join a server.

Someday you guys will be able to play peer to peer together. It takes a while to sort out.

et_cg
July 27th, 2007, 01:23 PM
hey live was down for a few day bout 2 days ago

The topic was started July 6th, Kiwi.

He had problems way before that even started.

And what I tried to describe is what it most likely was.