PDA

View Full Version : Can someone else join to my Dedicated Server?

pavelin
July 18th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I have a bogus problem. I've istalled Windows Vista Home Basic to one of my desktop computers. Then I installed Halo2 DS and made two server instances. They are pajuserv01 and pajuserv02 (silver accounts, configured to play CTF all maps).

I have another computer which has Vista Ultimate. I use this computer for playing Halo2Vista. I have gold account for gaming. I can see my DServers from server list and I can connect both of the without problems. I can see myself as a player if I check status one of the instances.

But then starts the waiting :eyesroll:. No other players seen. I've set statsfolder and there is no action what so ever. I doubt that no one else can join into my Dedicated Servers. But why? Fellow from UK said "Unable to join ... ping too high"..? :eek: Really? If I start new game from Halo2V (PC with Vista Ultimate), soon there is players and they can join to that computer. So what could be wrong? I can join my DServes, but can anyone else? If not, why?

Vicky
July 18th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Which ports do you forward to which computer(s)?

pavelin
July 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
It's all default installation of the Dedicated Server. I've been trying to get info about these ports and firewall settings, but not found any solution yet. It's confusing because if I create a party from Halo 2, everybody can join in. But DS seems to be blocked somehow. Trying to open TCP 80 and TCP port 3074. Port 80 might be blocked via ISP. Is there any utility to check these ports are they open, offered and working like they should be? Any other ports to open for Halo2 DS?

Vicky
July 19th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Try forwarding UDP 3074 to your DS, shouldn't need any other ports.

pavelin
July 23rd, 2007, 02:56 AM
There is some activity on both of my servers :). They are accessible, but quiet it is. Maybe my server is slow. Or maybe H2Vista is not popular, because you have to buy Windows Vista, Halo 2 Vista and Gold account to play live. After all, almost all servers are empty :(.

Vicky
July 23rd, 2007, 05:03 AM
Holidays perhaps?

et_cg
July 24th, 2007, 01:40 AM
There is some activity on both of my servers :). They are accessible, but quiet it is. Maybe my server is slow. Or maybe H2Vista is not popular, because you have to buy Windows Vista, Halo 2 Vista and Gold account to play live. After all, almost all servers are empty :(.

Halo 2 Vista is not as popular as most games. If players who want to casually game, and they're under Microsoft's finger, they'd have a gold account and all those nifty functions only gold members get. I've noticed that most players just congregate in custom games, or on more popular servers.

The game is growing in player count, though. Very, very, very slowly.

Vicky
July 24th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I've only seen a decrease in number of players, i stopped hosting because of it.