PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the default name of your map? (Halo 2 Level)

[EJ] Bean
July 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I want to change the name of my map so it shows up as 'Glass Horizon' intead of 'Halo 2 Level'. How do you do this?

Sorry if someone has asked this before, I found nothing using the search option.

spookers622
July 19th, 2007, 01:30 PM
it explains in help file and a tutorial but ill tell you anyway:
1.open notepad and type(keep quotes,replace what's inside):
[strings]
name="level name here"
description="description here"
2.save in data\scenarios\descriptions and make sure its saved as unicode instead of default (i think its ANSI)
3.compile text in tool
4.open scenario file (or structure_bsp,i cant remember) in guerilla and under level description click "..." and select your description in the tags folder

[EJ] Bean
July 19th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Thank you. +rep

CabooseJr
July 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Its in the tutorial.

[EJ] Bean
July 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
At the moment I found it more economic of my time to ask someone than to search the entire tutorial for one piece of information. I'm sorry if it was easy to find, but I was just far more interesed in making my level.

halofreak4567
July 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM
ctrl+F is an amazing feature :P

[EJ] Bean
July 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
What does that do? (assume I'm even lazier than you previously thought)

MrUncool
July 20th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Ctrl-F is find...you COULD always just push it...it works in browser windows, word files, pdf files, whatever you use. You type in something and itll find it on the page.

And I'm glad you acknowledge your laziness >.>

[EJ] Bean
July 20th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for helping. I just use the word lazy as an excuse to multi task. Rather than experiment with things I don't know about, I learn off of other's trials and tribulations, while I do things know how to do.