n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2007, 05:29 AM
YQ5n9ZrYuHs

:haw:

so.. how the hell does it walk without falling over O__o
(and other discussions)

rossmum
August 22nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
I have no fucking idea. How anyone can build things that complex is beyond me.

The best I can do is drive around in my suicide car blowing everything up or struggle to control my rudimentary hovertanks. :smith:

Bodzilla
August 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
wtf is this and wtf is it for :S

Tweek
August 22nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
wow. big.

this is Garrysmod.
a mod for HL2, wich lets you do stuff, pretty much anything you want with the engine. its hard to explain, go check it out, it's worth pluggin.

Teh Ganon
August 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
I saw this thing a while ago. still very... interesting.

Archon23
August 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Doesn't look to hard. Most that would require is patience. Its just some basic systems that he supersized. The hardest part would be to actually get that thing to not topple over.

Limited
August 22nd, 2007, 10:26 AM
That thing is a BEAST.

I bet he used alot of constains on it, thats why it doesnt fall over but I bet it does fall over a bit just because the sheer weight :D

Con
August 22nd, 2007, 10:36 AM
LOL. Just needs some jetpack or something now.

Teh Ganon
August 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
make 2 and it will be a robo rumble.

legionaire45
August 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
The explosive barrel catapults and the box launchers are win.

Bastinka
August 22nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
I saw this thing a while ago. still very... interesting.
Same here, also I wonder how much FPS I would get :o

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
make 2 and it will be a robo rumble.

wtf is this and wtf is it for :S

As I understand it that's exactly what it's for :awesome:

InnerGoat
August 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
make 2 and it will be a robo rumble.More like a BSOD, seeing how bad having one on screen is. :D

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
well does it really need all that armour on the legs?
(as I understand it, mech fights have to destroy a certain object on the other mech, usually packed with explosives).

I doubt that'd be on the legs. (but imaging if their were 2 teams each manning it boarding each other http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-aaaaa.gif)

rossmum
August 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
How the hell do you make mechs, anyway? Like I said, I'm a total failure at contraptions... I just pose. I almost shit my pants with excitement when I figured out how to actually build a moderately accurate headcrab shell cannon which could fire more than 3 feet :gonk:

Archon23
August 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Patience. Lots and lots of patience. After you get your first successful mech you really just experiment from there. It's really fun to have a mech fight. I would love to see some huge weapons on that thing and have it so it requires more than one person to operate.

itszutak
August 22nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
How the hell do you make mechs, anyway? Like I said, I'm a total failure at contraptions... I just pose. I almost shit my pants with excitement when I figured out how to actually build a moderately accurate headcrab shell cannon which could fire more than 3 feet :gonk:

WTF, How? :saddowns:

Pooky
August 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
can you actually drive, aim, and fire with that thing from the inside? ...

rossmum
August 22nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
WTF, How? :saddowns:
mad haxs

3 pipes, blast door tight against the back one. Weld the lot and freeze to ground. Plaster blast door with dynamite, freeze, weld. Load a shell in (VERY CAREFULLY), and hope it works.

can you actually drive, aim, and fire with that thing from the inside? ...
Not sure about that one, but it's definitely possible.

Pooky
August 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
If you could actually do that, using controls actually on the vehicle in the game world, I would fucking love it. RUN BITCHES >:U

rossmum
August 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
My friend made a remote control car which he controlled from across the map with a steering wheel and a screen rendering an RT camera welded to the car. He also made a missile turret which spots and kills enemies itself.

n00b1n8R
August 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
your friend should get the fuck on these forums :downs: