PDA

View Full Version : Lame!

Rob Oplawar
August 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Well, I ordered a new mobo, processor, fan and heatsink from Newegg last Thursday ($600 worth of stuff) with the 3 day shipping, and my package just arrived today. But that's ok, I'm willing to forgive them for that. What is not ok is what I found inside the package. On top was my packing list, listing all the components I ordered, but instead I got an AMD mobo, a sound card, and an ATI graphics card. It was probably valued about the same as my order, but it definitely wasn't my stuff.

I'm pissed.

I called customer service, and they're sending me a UPS shipping label and instructions for returning the package, and in a week or so I'll get my money refunded. Then I can place my order again.

At least they're giving me free overnight shipping for my new order, but still, I have to wait probably another week and a half to upgrade my computer. Fuck that.

Agamemnon
August 23rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Ouch. The worst I've gotten from Newegg was a DOA PSU, but I sent it back immediately and got a new one in about a week free of charge.

Teroh
August 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
I got a mobo from newegg that was FUBAR from the beginning, sent it back, got a new one, my computer runs great. :awesome:

legionaire45
August 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Newegg is awesome for me. I've purchased so much shit that statistically I should have received a lot more DOA stuff then I have.

Only things that I have recieved DOA from them:
2 refurb DFI Lanparty NF3 250gb (I asked them to just ship me a new one and newegg did so <3. It was probably DFI's fault since the new one eventually died on its own for no reason anyway)
1 OCZ GameXStream 700 watt

Thats it. <3.

Emmzee
August 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
I don't order anything from Newegg, because I dun has any monies. :(

PAYPAL ME SUM PLZ PLZ PLZ

Haloking365
August 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Wow, i just realised that i spent a total of $4311.05 on newegg! /offtopic

And i dont regret one penny of it! /ontopic

StankBacon
August 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
i spent 1929.68

:o

every part worked just fine.

Agamemnon
August 23rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Newegg is awesome for me. I've purchased so much shit that statistically I should have received a lot more DOA stuff then I have.

Only things that I have recieved DOA from them:
2 refurb DFI Lanparty NF3 250gb (I asked them to just ship me a new one and newegg did so <3. It was probably DFI's fault since the new one eventually died on its own for no reason anyway)
1 OCZ GameXStream 700 watt

Thats it. <3.
Yeah, I figured my PSU came DOA because the company has a reputation for sending out DOA products, though I've had this PSU since October with no problems.

KIWIDOGGIE
August 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
thats why i dont order my stuff online i have Computer Shows where i am so i can get it on the cheap

Warsaw
August 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Rob, you just had that very uncommon bad experience. usually, Newegg is right on the ball with everything.

Masterz1337
August 25th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Newegg sent me a dead PSU as well.

Rob Oplawar
August 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah I know, I still loves Newegg, we just had a fight is all. But we'll make up sooner or later.

... although if my mobo or cpu is doa it will be so incredibly inconvenient i don't know what i'll do.

SnaFuBAR
August 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
the only mishap with newegg i've had is they doubled my order and charged me twice >:| that was fucked up. there was no resolution, i had to send it all back at my cost, and still didn't get a full refund.

assholes.

paladin
August 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I orders some things last Friday and I got them on Wednesday. All working perfectly.

Rob Oplawar
September 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM
*BUMP*

Well, I ordered my parts 3 weeks ago, and the RMA still has not been processed. They tell me it will be processed by the middle of next week, which means my order for the friggin CORRECT parts will go through prolly on Thursday, which means my parts will probably arrive the next Thursday, which means I'll get them FIVE WEEKS after I first ordered them. LAME! I still feel a little loyal to Newegg, but if I have anything but perfectly smooth service from now on, I'm switching to a different site.

Rob Oplawar
September 13th, 2007, 09:55 AM
*BUMP* and *DOUBLE POST* alas because editing will not bump.

It's been 4 weeks now, and my return FINALLY went through and I got my refund. I replaced the order, put rush processing on it, and hopefully if the guy on the phone wasn't lying to me they're going to upgrade to overnight shipping for free, so if all goes well, I should have a new computer... tomorrow! I'm so excited.

Oshi I gotta back up my data.

Rob Oplawar
September 18th, 2007, 08:00 PM
*bumptriplepost*

Yay all my parts arrived!
Fail the manufacturer for my heatsink listed it as compatible with the mobo I got, but when I tried to install it I discovered that it is, in fact, not compatible.
Also my mobo sits about 2 mm too low in the case, so before I install it, I'm gonna need to find some tiny washers.

So:

Rob Oplawar (6:49:28 PM): now i have a fancy mobo, a fast quad-core cpu, a giant heatsink, a lot of nice quick ram, a soundcard with an expansion drive, 2 massive hard drives, a 700 watt psu, a humongous very well ventilated case, and all manner of external storage devices, and I can't put any of it together
Rob Oplawar (6:49:50 PM): that's pretty lame.
iAtty (6:51:09 PM): thats like having
iAtty (6:51:10 PM): a penis
iAtty (6:51:10 PM): and
iAtty (6:51:11 PM): vagina
iAtty (6:51:12 PM): but no condom

Edit: Well, it is done. And it is awesome. http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=162753&postcount=289
No more complaining about shit. I'm just gonna send back the heatsink and get a new one. Easy as pi. 3.1415926... wait, 27? damn it.