PDA

View Full Version : Where did your gaming career begin?

LinkandKvel
September 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I'm just interested as to what got everyone here interested in gaming.
I have 3 different games. 1 Arcade and 4 console games. My very first was the classic TMNT arcade. God I LOVED that game sooo much. Back then co-op was new and TMNT was one of the most popular shows/comic books. 2nd was a scroller type airplane game. Can't remember the name but u got special powerups and that had co-op as well and was very fun indeed for the Super NES. The 3rd game was of Mario Kart for the Super NES and veryclassic and fun. 4th was another racing type game also for the Super NES that i cant remember much about either. Last but not least Sonic The Hedgehog original game for the Sega Genesis. No need to explain the awesomeness of this game. Anyway I would like to know your experiences in the beginning of gaming.

Abdurahman
September 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Sega Genesis. My first system. Sonic the Hedgehog, oh those were the good old days.:awesome:

Also I used to play TMNT on my friend's NES. Good, days, good days.

Pooky
September 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Sega Genesis. My first system. Sonic the Hedgehog, oh those were the good old days.:awesome:

QFT.

Put sega genesis on there, FAGGOT <:mad:>

Atty
September 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
My first video games were the Mario games on Super Nintendo, although I never really got into playing them. I played them at various friends house when we didn't have anything else to do (and only for a few minutes at a time.) My first console was a N64 and even then it was just casual gaming, never got into anything (well, I spent a lot of time on PD64 and Goldeneye but still, it was just casual gaming.) Then I went to a Gamecube and hardly played it, I'd say my actual gaming career began when I got Halo PC shortly after it released, then found myself at Gearbox Forums and from there well, you can go read the archives and see how it went from there. Gearbox was my first forum too, hence why I was such an idiot back in those days. >.<

Archon23
September 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM
SNES. Doom. :awesome:

Abdurahman
September 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
QFT.

Put sega genesis on there, FAGGOT <:mad:>

YEAH PUT GENESIS UP THERE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T!

Kornman00
September 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
After I got a original gameboy, I took it home, tried to play it and it crapped. Went back, traded it in for a Sega Game Gear. Still have that mofo too. Needs moar Game Genie though

OMG why are you calling me a faggot I didn't put this thread up!
That wasn't direct towards you :fail:

Abdurahman
September 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Changed it. Sorry Metroid!

DrunkenSamus
September 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Doom. :awesome:

YES. YES. That game sometimes scared me at night due to the freakin' demonic walls that opened up. And the occasional "pinky".

I don't remember when I started playing games...But I think I started from NES and worked my way up.

Nugga117
September 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
PC, winter 1996. I still remember using those old Thrustmaster steering wheels for NFS3. :awesome:

SMASH
September 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM

Quite the truth.

Xetsuei
September 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Sega Dreamcast. D:

Bastinka
September 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Nintendo Gameboy, the very first big bulky one. :)

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Gameboy and Pokemon red was my first game. Game that got me into online / PC gaming was starsiege: Tribes

Gamerkd16
September 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah I was given Nintendo and Super Nintendo from my cousin when I was young. Played Mario, Mario All-Stars, and Megaman X the most on those systems. My Halo gaming didn't start until I got it for the Xbox in 2003, then for the PC in 2005.

Roostervier
September 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
NES, Mario Bros. Was about the most awesome game in the world. I played it for years after the SNES I came out.

Also, duck hunt.

Warsaw
September 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Started playing in 1996 on the PC. Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger. Pretty good game, though it is too much trouble to get it to run on modern Operating systems and current hardware.

Mr Buckshot
September 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
PC, 1997. Played Wolf-3D, still have the floppy disk :) Back in those days my computer was considered low-end so I only played simple games, until I got an Xbox (first console) in 2002. In 2005 I got high-end PCs, and in 2006 I got a Nintendo DS, my first portable console plus my new X360.

This year I'm hoping to buy a PS3, while continuing to expand my PC library.

Boba
September 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
My 2600 is in my closet.

Con
September 5th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Oh man, I've been playing PC games for as long as I can remember. My dad let me play stuff like duke nukem when I was really young XD
I got interested in the modding stuff probably back in 2001-2002 when I was 9-10.

DaneO'Roo
September 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Nintendo, with games like Donkey Kong Country, then onto N64 with Banjo Kazooie and Zelda. Then it was onto Halo in 02, Max Payne 2 was my first PC game, NOWAIT it was Enter The Matrix. Then I got Halo PC in 03, but it didn't work well on my PC so I quit. Came back in 06, when I got my "new" graphics card. I could've been in the community longer, and gotten leet quicker, but ah well. Shit happens.

SMASH
September 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Nintendo, with games like Donkey Kong Country, then onto N64 with Banjo Kazooie and Zelda. Then it was onto Halo in 02, Max Payne 2 was my first PC game, NOWAIT it was Enter The Matrix. Then I got Halo PC in 03, but it didn't work well on my PC so I quit. Came back in 06, when I got my "new" graphics card. I could've been in the community longer, and gotten leet quicker, but ah well. Shit happens.

Quicker? Dude, you took the forums by storm and surprised us all. I remember back that long ^_^.

DaneO'Roo
September 6th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Meh, If I was here since 03 I'd be lolpro by now, and my awesomeness would have existed much earlier, and I would have rubbed off on people much earlier.

But shit happens. Just wish I would have stayed and been around for the Bunghole, and all the historical moments you old timers got to experience :gonk:

OH, I also forgot to mention Playstation.

I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Tekken 3 fanboi. Hwoarang is RAPE.

Con
September 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Max Payne 2 was my first PC game, NOWAIT it was Enter The Matrix
Man, I wish I hadn't wasted my money on that POS game.

Agamemnon
September 6th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Pole Position was my first game, which I played on the Atari 5200, F-Zero was my first SNES title, and Doom was my first PC title. The rest is history. Well, actually, the rest then went with Gameboy, then Playstation and an N64, and then a Playstation 2, and then I decided I'd no longer buy a console again. Which reminds me...I need to play some SimCity 2000 just for the hell of it.

SMASH
September 6th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Meh, If I was here since 03 I'd be lolpro by now, and my awesomeness would have existed much earlier, and I would have rubbed off on people much earlier.

But shit happens. Just wish I would have stayed and been around for the Bunghole, and all the historical moments you old timers got to experience :gonk:

OH, I also forgot to mention Playstation.

I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Tekken 3 fanboi. Hwoarang is RAPE.

Yea, I was a SOCOM junkie and well as the Tekken series. Hwoarang was cool cause it was like kick to the head, kick to the head, kick to the head, kick to the head, kick to the body, kick to the head, KO.

DaneO'Roo
September 6th, 2007, 12:16 AM
oh god yes, the XXXXXXXX combo. Leaves them with like 10 percent health left.

And I always whored his 10 hit combo.

X+>, >,>+Tri, Squ, Cir, X, Cir, Cir, X, >+Squ, X, Circ, >, > X+Cir

lol perfect

mR_r0b0to
September 6th, 2007, 01:05 AM
SNES, a long time ago

PC
Starcraft - like 1999 or something, when I got my first computer
CounterStrike - six or so years ago, I played in computer cafe's :D
Red Alert 2 for about a year, I don't exactly remember when
then Halo for about 2 or three years
then came back to CS/CS:S
then DotA
then StarCraft again
now EvE-Online

Teroh
September 6th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Starcraft like... 9 years ago, along with Age of Empires 1.

DrunkenSamus
September 6th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Lol, Age of Empires 1-2. I still remember those funny villagers with those funny voices...ROGAN!?

Phopojijo
September 6th, 2007, 03:53 AM
NES was my first console... I had it when I was like -- 3.

Shortly after (4 or 5) I got a 286 DOSShell with Catacombs (http://www.mobygames.com/game/catacomb), TMNT1 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles), and a couple of other games. (A10 Tank Killer is the bomb dawg! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10_Tank_Killer)) <3 my flakey Gravis 2-button Joystick.

Been hugging my Nintendos and PC ever since. A bit more Xboxy than Nintendo lately... but PC is still my true love :p

Tweek
September 6th, 2007, 05:45 AM
i started on one of those old atari home-computers.

had an operating system on it that looked A FUCKING LOT like windows, wich windows, OBVIOUSLY ripped off.

played funny games like Joust, roadrunner, and some atari game wich involved shooting with an atari-shaped ship-thingy whatever it was, at psychedelically coloured floating mushrooms and the occasional snake coming down, and Krypton egg.

(srsly, krypton egg is THE BEST DAMN game of it's kind)

Sec
September 6th, 2007, 06:22 AM
fire ants on the comordore 64:cool:
and then nuke nukem 3d [atomic] for the play station
how my mother ever let me play that game when i was only 7 at the time il never know haha.

Dr Nick
September 6th, 2007, 07:11 AM
My first VG console that I owned was an N64. I sucked terribly at it!

I did enjoy videogames then, but when I really got into it was about 2 years ago:

I had moved to some nowhere frozen desert in the Northwest Territories
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/nickwarr_182/nwt.jpg

About 5 months there, my dad bought a laptop, and let me use it to play games and stuff.
After a few months, I was a serious gamer, but with a shitty gfx card, I couldn't play many decent games. seriously, it only had 32mb of vram!

After we moved back to my hometown, we got a new computer, with way better specs, and I got to use it all the time!

DaneO'Roo
September 6th, 2007, 08:20 AM
We don't care about the journey of your PC upgrades.

It's your gaming history.

Reaper Man
September 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
On the internet, gosh.

I can't remember. :gonk:

Terry
September 6th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Pokemon Red for GBC :)

StankBacon
September 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM
sega master system

ghost house card :o

Rob Oplawar
September 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM
My first videogame ever (well, first to speak of anyway- puzzle games don't count) was Quake. I was way too young though, and my parents quickly took that away from me =( I can't remember what year that was, but not long after I was playing Myst and Revan (is that how you spell it?) so it must have been mid to late nineties.

Even so, mine was a passing interest in videogames until Halo came out, and that's when I consider myself to have become a true gamer.
Halo's starting to show signs of age, but it's really still new, so I guess I'm new school. High five!

Patrickssj6
September 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM
N64, SNES when I was 7 years old and then Win98 batch "programmig" when I was 9 years old. I think I broke the computer 3 times in a month...with no access to the internet it's not that easy to get the drivers back >.<

_TheArbiter_
September 6th, 2007, 12:25 PM
i started with a N64...my first game was banjo-kazooie ^^

EDIT: and now i have my 360 =D

OmegaDragon
September 6th, 2007, 05:45 PM
NES at neighbor's house, started with the genesis when I was about 4 years old with Sonic and Mortal Kombat, and that one Aladdin game for the genesis. Then the SNES, which was by far the best console I ever had. I spent hours playing Legend of Zelda: a link to the past, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, F-Zero, and the Mario games. From there, I got the original gray and bulky GameBoy with tetris (which its music is stuck in my head now). I "borrowed" my cousin's game gear with Sonic 1 when we were visiting them in Indiana (I swear, he never really used it.). We then got a PlayStaion (the one that looked like a box) with Frogger, a few months later after FF7 released, I used my birthday money to buy it. My cousin that lives with my grandma sold my Genesis one day because we left it there to use it every time we went to grandma's house. After that, I only had the PS, SNES, GB and the GBC. I kept getting games (and of course Pokemon...), the release of the PS2 arrived, didn't have money to get it. The Xbox came, no money for release price of like $400 dollars. Got the gamecube for one of mybirthdays with Wind Waker and SSBM. In between all this, I started playing PC games. I started my PC gaming days with a copied disk of Deus Ex my aunt brought me. Then she brought me ONI, Serious Sam, and another game I can't remember at the moment. I never played those 3 games because the computer I had couldn't handle it at that time (Remember that computer I tried to get rid of by purchasing a used one for $15? Thats the one. The one with 64 MB of RAM and "Turbo Graphix for enhanced three dimensional capabilities" and ran on the early version of Windows 98.). A few years passed, and now I have a new PC that can run Halo, an Xbox, and a PS2, along with my SNES, GB, GBC and the DS.

And that is a my brief history in gaming. I chose Nintendo on the poll since the Genesis was nowhere to be found :(

Teh Ganon
September 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM
NES Super Mario, and TMNT The Manhattan Project. Then I got an N64 and mario 64. Fun game, I remember when I was in Germany playing it in some mall , but thats when it first came out for them. I had mad skills at the game lol. I attracted quite the crowd XD.(Fulda, Germany most awesome place ever.) And then there was PS1 and Driver 2. Then GC and mario sunshine. Dozens of games later I got farcry and a new GFX card. Then Halo PC Jan 1st, 2007.

Elite Killa
September 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Super Nintendo. When I was 2 (yes, I was that young), playing Mario games, squishing Goombas and collection coins wherever I can find 'em.

Mr Buckshot
September 6th, 2007, 06:31 PM
PC, 1997. Played Wolf-3D, still have the floppy disk :) Back in those days my computer was considered low-end so I only played simple games, until I got an Xbox (first console) in 2002. In 2005 I got high-end PCs, and in 2006 I got a Nintendo DS, my first portable console plus my new X360.

This year I'm hoping to buy a PS3, while continuing to expand my PC library.

oh wait I forgot to list my history of the games themselves.

My first video games were Wolf-3D and Tomb Raider 1 (I lost Tomb Raider 1 :( may buy Anniversary though). When I first had my Xbox I was 11 years old and mostly liked those platformer games (sadly enough, my first Xbox game was Crash Bandicoot and shut up it's kind of fun even today). I only got into shooter games around 2004 (back then my PCs were shitty laptops so I couldn't play many games) and got Halo in 2005 when I got my first high-end desktop computer (3.4Ghz P4, 1 GB DDR, Radeon X800XL, sold it long time ago).

I guess I'm average at FPS skill. Sometimes I truly own, sometimes I lose miserably, but overall I'm ok. Surprisingly Halo is the game that I'm best at in online multiplayer thanks to the recharging shield gimmick.

Two years ago I also learned about emulators, still having lots of fun with N64 and PS1 emulators (and with my X360 usb controller, I get precise control).

Archon23
September 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
COMPLETE HISTORY :awesome:

SNES-Doom, Super Metroid, and various Mario games. In that order
N64-Super Smash Bros. and Mario 64.
I actually got an Atari 2600 at this point and various games. Still play some of em for old times sake.

Never really played consoles after that (Hell I only owned a PS2 up to this point but my library's so small its not worth mentioning). Then I discovered the PC, and became an RTS Junkie. Starcraft, then Warcraft 3 (426 hours, and thats only when xfire was on O____o). Picked up AoE3, Rise of Nations, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Yuri's Revenge, and Generals.

Found Halo PC. Then CE. Then various other FPSes which I still play.

Oh and Homeworld, HW Cataclysm and HW2. Still fucking :awesome:

Con
September 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
CStarcraft, Warcraft 3, AoE3, Rise of Nations, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Yuri's Revenge, and Generals.
and Homeworld, HW Cataclysm and HW2. Still fucking :awesome:
Wow, I would explode if I played that many RTS's. I need fast-paced games.

Agamemnon
September 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Most of those are fast-paced...it all depends on your skill and the skill of your opponent though.

Rentafence
September 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
My Nintendo 64 and Mario Kart I got for Christmas. :)

dg
September 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I never owned a video game console until two years ago, but I originally started on my friend's NES playing the original Mario. I then moved onto mooching off of the N64 where I was amazing at Super Smash Bros. and especially the Banjo-Tootie multiplayer. I then moved onto the PC when a friend of my dad gave me a cracked version of Starcraft. I fell in love and I've been a PC player ever since.

leorimolo
September 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
NINTENDOSIXTYPHOAR!!

and then doom1 at the age 6 0_0

Ki11a_FTW
September 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Started with my dad's NES, then got genesis, then dreamcast, etc

Huero
September 6th, 2007, 09:12 PM
said PS1
but
It's actually the game boy pocket

Archon23
September 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM

Those are fast paced really. You would die if you played 4X games.

LinkandKvel
September 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
this thread really bought back some good memories for you guys didn't it? It did for me. I wish those days of N64 and the sweet Crash Bandicoots were back =( Halo is sweet and all but doesn't beat playing SSB and MK64 with your friends back in the day, nor LoZ:OOT and LoZ:MM

Zeph
September 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Original NES for me. I was a kid at the time, so I played arcade games when I could. The atari games just didn't look interesting enough for me. But when I saw Mario Bros. for the NES I just had to have it. Some of my earliest memories are from me in kindergarten sitting in my room playing Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and Mario World 3.

Lateksi
September 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
First games like Doom and Raptor for pc many years ago... I was under six years old lol. School started: friend's NES, and the clubhouse's SNES, all cool Super Marios and Zeldas. I loved those games. I still love 'em.
My first own consoles were Playstation with GranTurismo and GameBoy Colour with Pok&#233;mon Red (xmas present) Man it was so cool...

LinkandKvel
October 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM
*bump*
God so many good memories. Any1 else wanna contribute there experiences. This is a good thread. I remember ALWAYS playing the first sweetest co-op game back in the day. TMNT. BTW does any1 know the name of the top scrolling airplane game for SNES? I need to get that emulation.

Bodzilla
October 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
there was this one game called "Keen"
and it was about some fella that had a pogo stick :S

but i think this pre-dates the doom and the Duke-nukem era.
i'm and OLD-SCHOOL gamer :)

Mr Buckshot
October 21st, 2007, 05:28 PM
The most "old school" I've ever gotten is the old Mario Bros in 1983 for the NES (emulator). It rocks a lot, and is worth a download on the Wii virtual console as well. And various airlines offer Mario Bros on in-flight entertainment :D

I've recently got interested in casual games. Anyone who flames Bejeweled 2 should be flogged, it is so damn addicting and my laptop battery doesn't die if I play it without AC power.

Speaking of old games, since I have the Wolf-3D floppy disk but no floppy drive, I downloaded a torrent of it (it's legal for me since I have the floppy) today. Happy days :) This is the grandfather of all FPS's.

~ZMT~Trace
October 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
I started with the SNES in 95/6, then around 98-2000~ I got my N64 :still playin' Goldeneye & SSB <3: & Gameboy. Then around the last two years is when I got my computer, Gamecude, Gameboy Adv., Wii, and PS2 :in that order:

Still so, whenever my SNES isn't being a bitch, I enjoy a round of Donkey Kong.

ExAm
October 21st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Game Boy Pocket - Super Mario World 2

Huero
October 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
Gameboy Pocket- Super Mario Land

Flyboy
October 21st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Ocarina of Time = Best Game Ever

Skiiran
October 21st, 2007, 06:47 PM
My friend would invite me to his house to play a riveting round of Barrel Roll Star Fox on his N64. Some years later I either played COD1 or UT'04. That's what got me hooked.

klange
October 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sega Genesis - the original model. Sonic 1, 2, 3 and various others.
And my good ol' GameGear.

Bodzilla
October 22nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
I've recently got interested in casual games. Anyone who flames Bejeweled 2 should be flogged, it is so damn addicting and my laptop battery doesn't die if I play it without AC power.

Casual games hey?
BEWARE: Zero punctuation - Peggle (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2280-Zero-Punctuation-Peggle)
:-3

LinkandKvel
October 22nd, 2007, 03:02 AM
Ocarina of Time = Best Game EverIAWTP!!!

Emmzee
October 22nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
I got my Nintendo 64 for Christmas 1996. I was the only kid on my street for months to have one. The first game I remember playing for it was Shadows of the Empire, which was a very good game.

Technically, I've been playing games since I can remember (1993), with my friend's SNES and Genesis.

Although, my online gaming life began one day in 1999. My parents bought me Ultima Online, and I chose the username Emmzee, based off of a friend's initials (MZ). That game sucked four years off of my life, and after my subscribtion ended due to my parents refusing to pay it anymore (they wanted me to pay for it myself and be "responsible"), I kinda meandered through video games, playing my friend's Dreamcast and PS2, while sticking with my N64 (it should be noted that since I didn't have the bladder control I have now, I would consistently pee myself instead of go to the bathroom, I loved Goldeneye and SSB that much). In 2004, I started playing RuneScape, and was addicted for roughly seven months. From February 2005 to April 2005, I lost my way in video games.

But there was a beacon of hope.

In spring break 2005, my 18-year old brother and I were at Best Buy. I talked him into buying Halo PC for me, on the basis that it was rated M and I wanted to try it. I was hooked. I quickly discovered my talent for being a total Warthog whore, and abused it. I met some people who told me to get Xfire, which I did. From there, I discovered Halo CE, and from there I discovered GBX, and the rest is history.

OmegaDragon
October 23rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6987/repnv0.jpg

D:

TPE
October 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
I pretty much started when my grandma bought me a N64. Then I got a Gamecube, and PS2. After that I got HPC and now I'm getting a 360.

When my grandma bought me tat N64 I must of been like 4 or 5 years old. Cause she died when I was 6.

Phobias
October 23rd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Game boy - Super mario bros

second ever game was wario land...then mortal kombat.

Then, the best game for gameboy/snes ever, Donkey kong.

legionaire45
October 23rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Sega Genesis/Sonic the Hedgehog. Before it started sucking :O.
Had that for a few years, eventually got an N64 around the time of Donkey Kong 64, played through LoZ:OoT and MM, some other stuff. Then got a PS1 (beaten FF VI-IX, this was before I became a "violent" person) and later a PS2 (FF X). A few other RPGs here and there, got bored with that, bought Halo for the PC (I had a mac since like 1997 or so, but never played any games on it and it was dated when I got it anyway). From there I have gone through lots of other games. I got my 360 in December, haven't gotten to play too much on it besides GoW, Halo 3 and a few other games.

MNC
October 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Gameboy, Tetris.

teh lag
October 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
PC, I'd say about 1997-8.

The 3 games got me started were...

-Rollercoaster Tycoon
-Tyrian (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kmAZj6B-jCY)
-Descent (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GFyqm-aIfUA)

<3 those games forever.

343guiltymc
October 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
PC

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2007, 03:10 AM

-Rollercoaster Tycoon

<3 those games forever.
oh, i remember the descent series.

those where awesome games :D

FRain
October 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I started with the old GameBoy original, played Mario all fucking day. After that, I got into PC gaming, with SOF II Double Helix, after that I got into CS, and then I stumbled upon Red vs Blue, which inspired me to get Halo. That's kinda where I am today!

Pooky
October 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM

-Rollercoaster Tycoon

<3 those games forever.

FUCK YES.

I forgot about descent, my dad got me that when I was a little kid D:

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2007, 02:04 AM
FUCK YES.

I forgot about descent, my dad got me that when I was a little kid D:
Hi five for the Descent boys \m/

Quad lazers owns your soul.

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Age of Empires I, fun times, fond memories...

atomicpower93
October 25th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Well i started at PS1 in 1999 (was 6)

Emmzee
October 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Come to think of it, the first FPS I ever played was Blood in 1997. Terrific game, and turned me into the :awesome: person I am today.

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Ah, wait, AoE1 was my first strategy game, my first game would be Commander Keen, an old platformer.

It must have been the mid-90s at the latest (My siblings and I referred to Keen as "The lollipop girl :XD:"), on an old computer driven by text commands, no GUI. Then I later played it on a Windows 3.1.

Speaking of which, that skiing game with the yeti that would grab you and eat you alive was awesome.

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yes we all know of Commander Keen and Skifree

jngrow
October 25th, 2007, 06:44 PM
snes, sry im not old school enough.

Sel
October 25th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Heh been playing games since I was 4 on mah PC, mind you they were shitty MS dos things, but I got to the awesome ones soon after :D

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Heh been playing games since I was 4 on mah PC, mind you they were shitty MS dos things, but I got to the awesome ones soon after :DA-10, Strike Commander, Wing Commander, yea -- MS-Dos games are not shitty.

Privateer (1) > Halo. Yea I said it. 2 came close with Clive Owen's pre-fame FMV Cutscenes... but yea -- Privateer 1 > Halo.

Yes that was where my msn name came from... privateer@myself.com -- it used to privateer@altavista.net before that branch of Altavista got killed. Had a Privateer 1 fansite back when the defacto standard for the internet was Netscape Navigator 2.

teh lag
October 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Speaking of which, that skiing game with the yeti that would grab you and eat you alive was awesome.

omg skifree D:

Excellent timewaster.

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 08:01 PM
When I wasn't playing that or Commander Keen, I'd go into paint and draw websites for my contrived universes. I recall making a game CD out of cardboard and staples, and hoping it would work.

... Needless to say, I was weird when I was younger.

Kybo_Ren
October 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Sup Jeopardy! On a 286.
Also, AJ's World (very rare game which I somehow got a hold of; my nickname is AJ so it was particularly appealing)
And most importantly, around 2nd grade, Chip's Challenge.