PDA

View Full Version : Problem with USB Headset

Bastinka
September 8th, 2007, 11:11 PM
The problem is, I can hear everything fine. But in some games I hear a lot of annoying static. I was trying to play Frets on Fire, and that just gave me a bunch of static, BioShock gave me some static. When I switch back to my non USB headset I can hear everything without static. The reason I like my USB Headset and will only use it, is because it has really nice bass while this headset (regular) plays static for headset. I don't know if it's my sound card or the headset itself, any way to fix it?

Bastinka
September 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone? +Rep to anyone who can help me :X

Kalub
September 9th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Well... are you using a onboard soundcard? If so you might be hearing the "noise" of your computer processing things.

Bastinka
September 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Snaf told me something about the Threshold.. But Idk :X

Kybo_Ren
September 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM
You can listen to music and such just fine, though, right?

If so, then it's probably your soundcard (maybe your drivers)

Abdurahman
September 9th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Try changing sound settings within the game. If there is that option, change sound from hardware to software. I had onboard sound, and on BF2, when my settings were on hardware sound, I always heard static and all the sounds were slow and choppy. When I changed it to software, everything was normal. So if you have onboard sound, it's better to use the software sound option, if you have it.