PDA

View Full Version : scrolling desktop and other things, UDA nvidia drivers (new)

demonmaster3k
September 13th, 2007, 08:26 PM
i recently checked the nvidia drivers downloads site for new firmware. when i installed the new firmware (it was driver v160 something like that). i noticed that half of my status pane was cut off. when i moved the mouse to see, the screen scrolled over revealing the cut-off section.

my question is; is this even normal for nvidia cards? i mean my drivers never did this before and i really dont want it to intefere with my games.

also, i messed with the overclock settings (i got like 6 or 7 fans in my box) is 500 MHZ a good clock speed for my gpu, i tried to push it to 585MHZ but my comp hung up and i got a blue screen afterwards...

if you didn't know what drivers these are, just go to nvidia.com>drivers and downloads>graphics adapters>geforce fx series>windows xp 32

hope anyone can help me with this scrolling desktop problem

InnerGoat
September 13th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Scrolling desktop? Use the proper resolution for your monitor and it doesn't do that.

Amit
September 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
i recently checked the nvidia drivers downloads site for new firmware. when i installed the new firmware (it was driver v160 something like that). i noticed that half of my status pane was cut off. when i moved the mouse to see, the screen scrolled over revealing the cut-off section.

my question is; is this even normal for nvidia cards? i mean my drivers never did this before and i really dont want it to intefere with my games.

also, i messed with the overclock settings (i got like 6 or 7 fans in my box) is 500 MHZ a good clock speed for my gpu, i tried to push it to 585MHZ but my comp hung up and i got a blue screen afterwards...

if you didn't know what drivers these are, just go to nvidia.com>drivers and downloads>graphics adapters>geforce fx series>windows xp 32

hope anyone can help me with this scrolling desktop problem

lmao, this is almost a noob question, do what goat said...if you have a 17" or 19" chances are you use 1280x1024 or a higher res for a widescreen 19"

Kalub
September 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
My nVidia card thought my monitor was a TV so even though my desktop resolution was set to 1280x1024 it still only showed 640x800, and would allow me to scroll around.

Change it