PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars :The Force Unleashed

Patrickssj6
October 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
I mean it's :awesome:

The new technology they are using..everything.

Trailer:
RkBiYpD3SDc

Technology/Art:
7iCdN2FGOaQ

You don't have to be a StarWars fan to love this game :D

MNC
October 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Looks great, reminds me of the first showcasing of the Source engine.

Teh Ganon
October 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wait this is a star wars game? a game from a series based off of a movie? :D I love this new cutting edge stuff. Really amazing. lets hope they dont teach them how to reproduce.

Tweek
October 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
i've seen some tech demos from a new Starwars title, i guess it was this game.

edit: it was a rough version of the 2nd video, it had no narration etc.

slso, fuck, i'd get this game, purely for the tech it's got.
now it just needs an editing kit to go along with it, and we'd propably get BREAKTROUGH stuff.
too bad lucasarts doesn't do editing kits :P

Pooky
October 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
You don't have to be a StarWars fan to love this game :D
So it's like Jedi Knight 2 then :awesome:

n00b1n8R
October 3rd, 2007, 10:07 PM
I read about this awhile ago.
I may be even more inclined to buy a 360 for this than for H3.

Jay2645
October 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Ah, Lucasarts doesn't always not make editing kits, my friend.
May I refer you to here (http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/EAW_Map_Editor;62436)?
There's hope!

n00b1n8R
October 4th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah, alot of their SW games have editing kits.

I'd love to see what'll be done with this :O

Teroh
October 4th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I was so glad to have the honor to tour through Lucasarts and Industrial Light and Magic a few months back. My dad has some nice connections, and they have some pretty nice concept art and bulletin boards of data/storyline there. I didn't see much of the Star Wars game, but more of the Indiana Jones game they're making.

n00b1n8R
October 4th, 2007, 02:56 AM
random question that jumped into my head:
why is he killing stormys?

nooBBooze
October 4th, 2007, 06:22 AM
looks neat.

and wheres my kotf mod? D:

Caboose O'Malley
October 4th, 2007, 07:08 AM

Yeah... Aren't the stormtroopers on the players side? Since the player's a sith apprentice?

BTW looking cool, any news on if it's coming for the PC?
Though it would most likely need a super computer...
BUT if the 360 can handle it... Then all you need is some decent optimization :)

Patrickssj6
October 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
So it's like Jedi Knight 2 then :awesome:

No fuck that worsen Quake 3 engine :awesome:

I prefer Jedi Academy (Jedi Knight 3)

How do you know he is a Sith? Anyway...he is levitating stuff with hands...does that make sense? Yes. :awesome:

Caboose O'Malley
October 4th, 2007, 12:50 PM
How do you know he is a Sith?

'Nuff said. (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#/story/plot/)

Amit
October 4th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Yeah... Aren't the stormtroopers on the players side? Since the player's a sith apprentice?

BTW looking cool, any news on if it's coming for the PC?
Though it would most likely need a super computer...
BUT if the 360 can handle it... Then all you need is some decent optimization :)

How do you know he is a Sith? Anyway...he is levitating stuff with hands...does that make sense? Yes. :awesome:

You are a Sith but you're supposed to be undercover. It's a good enough exuse for me to rip em apart! Muahahahahha!!!!!!!!:XD:

Pooky
October 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM

I meant it's like it in that you don't have to be a star wars fan to pick it up and enjoy it. Besides, Jedi Academy is Q3 engine too, it just performs absolutely horribly as a tradeoff for very minor graphical upgrades from jedi knight 2.

Cortexian
October 4th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Seriously, I've been rather disappointed with Star Wars games, there's no cutting edge stuff going into them like one would expect. Until I see a Star Wars game thats coming out with REAL cutting edge stuff (like Crysis for example), then I'm staying away. The only real Star Wars games I liked were Republic Commando and the KotOR series.

Amit
October 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
looks neat.

and wheres my kotf mod? D:

Same I'm also waiting for Knights of the Force for JA.

Seriously, I've been rather disappointed with Star Wars games, there's no cutting edge stuff going into them like one would expect. Until I see a Star Wars game thats coming out with REAL cutting edge stuff (like Crysis for example), then I'm staying away. The only real Star Wars games I liked were Republic Commando and the KotOR series.

This game does have much to offer if you read more into it and check out videos at Lucas Arts. I really enjoyed Republic Commando because it had a very new and unique, darker experience. The totally awesome squad-based part was great because I don't usually like to traverse ghost ships without allies. The graphics were top-notch at the time, never have I seen such great graphics in a Star Wars game before then, and for sometime after that.

n00b1n8R
October 5th, 2007, 01:12 AM

what do you mean cutting edge?
the way they'll be doing this it'll be basically episode 3.5 so I doubt theres a bad story.

if you mean graphics wise, graphics do not (on their own) equate to a good game. besides, this has some cool shit (did you watch the tech demo?) so it'll be good in that department anyways.

Patrickssj6
October 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I meant it's like it in that you don't have to be a star wars fan to pick it up and enjoy it. Besides, Jedi Academy is Q3 engine too, it just performs absolutely horribly as a tradeoff for very minor graphical upgrades from jedi knight 2.
Yeah my post was pure irony. Each time I get a new Star Wars game I check for the pk3/4/5 files because they are easily editable and show me that this engine is still ancient. :lol:

We don't need cutting edge stuff as long as the game itself is :awesome:

I mean KoTOR is awesome but it would be awesome to have old games like the Jedi Knight series (also Zelda Ocarina of Time :D) with way better graphics. Also I might add that the combat engine was HORRIBLE, fucking HORRIBLE in all 3 Jedi Knight series. ;)

Amit
October 5th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah my post was pure irony. Each time I get a new Star Wars game I check for the pk3/4/5 files because they are easily editable and show me that this engine is still ancient. :lol:

We don't need cutting edge stuff as long as the game itself is :awesome:

I mean KoTOR is awesome but it would be awesome to have old games like the Jedi Knight series (also Zelda Ocarina of Time :D) with way better graphics. Also I might add that the combat engine was HORRIBLE, fucking HORRIBLE in all 3 Jedi Knight series. ;)

You slid across the ground while walking, JA was still a pretty good game overall. Also apply the Bloody Dismemberment mod and have extreme fun. I'd just run up to a Stormy, roll-crouch, and stab him the stomach. LMAO he would just get cut in half by the sheer forces of the stab and very realistic blood would go flying everywhere. Decapitating them is my fav next to cutting them in half. cutting other limbs come after that....MUahahah!

Pooky
October 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Also I might add that the combat engine was HORRIBLE, fucking HORRIBLE in all 3 Jedi Knight series. ;)

Well that's not exactly fair... it was only horrible online in jedi knight 1 D:

Patrickssj6
October 5th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Well that's not exactly fair... it was only horrible online in jedi knight 1 D:
The force was stronger than the lightsabers themselves...15 people fighting...you just wait and come in with lightning force and everyones dead. :XD:

itszutak
October 6th, 2007, 01:35 AM
All I can say is...

Hehe. Artoo-cannon.

n00b1n8R
October 6th, 2007, 04:55 AM
moar like deathstar cannon.

on the topic of force > light sabre, why bring a knife to a gun fight (obviously for a jedi a light sabre > blaster, but force > lightsabre)

Amit
October 6th, 2007, 09:42 AM
moar like deathstar cannon.

on the topic of force > light sabre, why bring a knife to a gun fight (obviously for a jedi a light sabre > blaster, but force > lightsabre)

Well in Forced UNleashed you can bring down an Imperial Star Destroyer with the force so obviously Force>Sabers.

TeeKup
October 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM
It looks like you can effect just about everything with your force powers. About goddamn time.

Patrickssj6
October 6th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Unlimited Force Cheat in Jedi Academy was fucking win.

Choking Grip or whatever a trooper so you can control him in mid-air all the time and knock out all the other ones. :awesome:

Cortexian
October 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'm saying that the Star Wars games need to be graphically improved. Sure, a lot of them have awesome story lines and game play, but you can't deny that stunning graphics and rag doll effects don't add to the experience.

Flyboy
October 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I've been waiting for an announcement for the next republic commando. This is really cool looking (they're putting effort into a game, a rarity for lucasarts), but I wish lucasarts started work on "Imperial Commando". I guess I can only dream. =(

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I'm saying that the Star Wars games need to be graphically improved. Sure, a lot of them have awesome story lines and game play, but you can't deny that stunning graphics and rag doll effects don't add to the experience.

you're right, I can't :saddowns:

Amit
October 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I've been waiting for an announcement for the next republic commando. This is really cool looking (they're putting effort into a game, a rarity for lucasarts), but I wish lucasarts started work on "Imperial Commando". I guess I can only dream. =(

Republic Commando's cliffhanger ending was worse than Halo 2.

BobtheGreatII
October 7th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Republic Commando's cliffhanger ending was worse than Halo 2.

*flashback*

"OH WHAT THE HELL!?!?!"

That was bad.... <:mad:> Can't wait for this game, looks sweet.

Flyboy
October 7th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Well there were actually characters you cared about. In halo, I could give a fuck less if Johnson dies, but by the end of republic commando, I wanted to save Sev so bad I would gladly go through 100 of the spider droids to get him.

nooBBooze
October 7th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Same I'm also waiting for Knights of the Force for JA.

This game does have much to offer if you read more into it and check out videos at Lucas Arts. I really enjoyed Republic Commando because it had a very new and unique, darker experience. The totally awesome squad-based part was great because I don't usually like to traverse ghost ships without allies. The graphics were top-notch at the time, never have I seen such great graphics in a Star Wars game before then, and for sometime after that.

As for now, it looks like the kotf mod is one huge hoax wich is :(. it looked very promising though.

Also, i totally agree with your points on RC. its a shame there will never be a sequel or at least a decent sp mod for it. wich is also :(

n00b1n8R
October 7th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Never say ever.
especially if theirs such an eger (spelling?) fanbase ready to buy it as soon as it comes out :p

they add, yes. but you can have a awesome game without them. you cannot have an awesome game with them and shitty gameplay however.

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Well there were actually characters you cared about. In halo, I could give a fuck less if Johnson dies, but by the end of republic commando, I wanted to save Sev so bad I would gladly go through 100 of the spider droids to get him.

^

Pissed me the fuck off that there was no option to go save him anyway... they could have just made it insanely hard.