PDA

View Full Version : Custom Campaign Maps in H2V

Rob Oplawar
October 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Who thinks it's possible likely to happen in the near future?
Right now I have a playable version of Scythopolis running in Halo CE, and age of the engine notwithstanding, it's still pretty fun. I'm going to have really want to make a decision soon. It can be ported later, but I really want to decide which to release it for, and I know that it will be better on H2V's engine.

Anyway, do you guys think anybody's going to unlock SP creation any time soon? Does anybody expect Prometheus to ever come out?

Actually, I changed my mind- now this poll has a double purpose.
Do you think it's gonna happen and do you think it matters? Should I stick with CE either way?

Please, whatever you vote, post your reasoning so I can get a better grasp of what people expect and/or want from this map.

Mr Buckshot
October 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
H2V is better if you want to have features like ragdoll physics, dual wielding, etc...of course, if someone can unlock the SP map creation.

CE is clearly superior if you want as many people as possible to appreciate your work, because many people either don't have Vista and/or their computers can't run H2V, and as a result, there won't be enough H2V players to download your work.

Ki11a_FTW
October 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
The SP feature will probly be unlocked soon, but the script compiling feature is what im worried about

Con
October 7th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Only two people who can really answer your questions; korn and nick

Rob Oplawar
October 7th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Korn basically said idk, but i haven't asked nick.

...who's nick?

Con
October 7th, 2007, 12:53 AM
...who's nick?
kidding right?

nooBBooze
October 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM
H2V is better if you want to have features like ragdoll physics, dual wielding, etc...of course, if someone can unlock the SP map creation.

CE is clearly superior if you want as many people as possible to appreciate your work, because many people either don't have Vista and/or their computers can't run H2V, and as a result, there won't be enough H2V players to download your work.
IAWTP

DaneO'Roo
October 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM
CE.

Rob Oplawar
October 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
What does IAWTP stand for?
And no, I'm not kidding. Who's Nick?

Who am I? I am... Oblivious Man!

Patrickssj6
October 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I agree with this post?

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 01:11 PM
CE. Not only will we be able to play it sooner, but releasing it for CE could draw new players back to the game and to your mod. Most people don't care about H2V in its current state anyway... CE for the win.

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Most people who truly appreciate good map making don't have/use H2V at the moment, due to the fact that the editor is fully locked down, and requires Vista, and requires a monthly fee for quality play, and... well, you get the point. HCE is free and easily accessible to almost any Halo fan, and is the best bet. Also, who needs dual wielding, lack of a solid spawn weapon, duplicate weapons, and a shotgun that is only good at countering the plasma sword? I like my weapons big, original, and versatile. Also, who needs rag doll physics? ITS A FREAKING CORPSE! WHO CARES HOW EXPLOSIVES EFFECT IT?! ITS DEAD!

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM
WHO CARES HOW EXPLOSIVES EFFECT IT?! ITS DEAD!

I lol'd

FRain
October 7th, 2007, 02:05 PM
IAWTP stands for I Agree* With This Post.

Also, sever323, ROFLCOPTER.

Roostervier
October 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM
CE.

Also, Patrick had it right. FRain, how did you come up with, "I am with this post." ?

Rosco
October 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
IAWTP stands for I Am With This Post.

this meme is told wrong

Rob Oplawar
October 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
OK, the early results of this poll are pointing in the same direction that I've been leaning. I have tentatively decided at this point, therefore, that this is going to be a Halo CE mod. But since this will be the second time I've changed my mind, I'm going to wait until I'm certain of my decision before making it official by changing the ModDB page.

This is a huge weight off my shoulders.
Whoo I'm excited now. I'ma go and finish those scripts and get the first half of the level playable. Yippee!

Syuusuke
October 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Well we can assume that support (if there ever would be) for SP would come MUCH later on...

If that is so, you might as well do it for CE then H2V...but maybe that doesn't seem right?

Zeph
October 7th, 2007, 11:07 PM
CE. H2V knows when it's being fucked with and doesn't like to be fucked with.

Mr Buckshot
October 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I recommend CE anytime. CE is more possible to make the map for at the moment.

Bodzilla
October 8th, 2007, 01:10 AM

Who am I? I am... Oblivious Man!
Prometheus leader.

oh how ever the hell u spell it.

Rob Oplawar
October 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Oh yeah.

er, how should I go about getting in touch with the Prometheus team lead?
lol after all, their website is covered with "don't bug us about when this is gonna be done"

Masterz1337
October 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM

God.

Nick
October 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Korn basically said idk, but i haven't asked nick.

...who's nick?I hear he's a cunt.

Nick

Rob Oplawar
October 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Well, Nick, what do you think?
Instead of asking when Prom will be done, I'll ask:
should I wait for it?

Zeph
October 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
should I wait for it?

Prom is a hoax. It'll never be out. It's just a bunch of photoshops.

*awaits the wrath of god*

Oh, wait, I'm on campus so AIM is blocked. :p

Make it on CE. You've already got plenty of content to get you started. If it comes down to it and Prom comes out *gasp!* then you can just open it in Prom and work from there to get it into H2.

Masterz1337
October 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
OT: Why on earth does your college campus block aim?

Nick
October 9th, 2007, 05:28 PM
should I wait for it?Do your project in CE. Halo 2 SP support won't be out tomorrow, or the next day, so yeah. I mean, CE has a bigger player base anyway - not sure how, but it does seem to. Well, unless you count Halo 2 Xbox, but let's not.

Nick

Rob Oplawar
October 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Well I guess that settles it then. Straight from the horse's mouth. =O I should go model some more. Brb.

UXB
October 12th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I hear he's a cunt.
This post seems fishy to me.

Sever
October 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I hear he's a cunt.

Smells fishy to me.

Arteen
October 12th, 2007, 08:09 PM
CE. Halo 1 SP encounters and gameplay are much more fun. Halo 2 is just dreadful.

I hear he's a cunt.
Smells fishy to me.
Tastes fishy to me.

>.>

Nick
October 12th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Tastes fishy to me.Oh, stop that! It tickles!!!

Nick

Lateksi
October 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
CE is the obvious way, no way it can be done for H2V until someone finds out all "the cool things" of customising a videogame. But I'd just like to say.. if you make in for CE then you should make as good as possible for the engine, and for all the gameplay possibilities. The mod doesn't have to hurry out.

edit:// And like n00b1n8R said you could use some cool scripts.

Rob Oplawar
October 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
well it was never my intention to do anything groundbreaking with this map- I just wanted and still want to make something that fits in with the look and feel of Halo without bothering too much about custom weapons and actions and effects cause Bungie pretty much nailed them.

As for dual wielding: I hate duel wielding. At least Halo 2 style. Halo 3 it's perfect, but H2 it's just unbalanced. Like they said, broke the golden tripod.

As for vehicle boarding: It's an indoor only map, except for a banshee fight scene, and it would break the game if the player could board one of those.

And as for Halo CE encounters being better than Halo 2: that's arguable, but it doesn't matter anyway because I'm in control of where the AI are placed, how much health they have, their aim, everything, so regardless of the engine I pick, it's up to me to make sure the encounters are good. Well, me and my playtesters. :shiftyeyes:

edit: are you gonna tell me there's no smiley for a guy with shifty eyes? lol