PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU prepared for zombies?

Emmzee
October 24th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Because Lansing, Michigan sure is:
http://hub.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071024/NOISE05/710240310

Peter McShane Lewis, 33, of Lansing, has had a zombie attack plan in place for 18 years.
His 18-member group, the Zombie Attack Coalition, (ZAC, for short) is spread around the Michigan and Ohio area and has both short-term and long-term attack plans.
And they're prepared for any variety of zombies, whether they move fast or slow.
Lewis -- who has a cadre of weapons from an AK-47 to various shotguns and handguns -- already has his safe spot picked out if the zombies are runners: the Lansing Wastewater Treatment Plant.
"The wastewater plant is perfect. It has only five employees, (has) caverns underneath and it's easily defended," he said.
If everything deteriorates, 10 members of the group even have a suicide pact.
"If it's fast zombies, it's every man for himself. When they're fast, things go down south fast," he said.
Discuss.

Dr Nick
October 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
:eyesroll:

WHAT THE FUCK?

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
This is the biggest shit I have seen all day. Save this for the internet, Jesus fucking christ.:maddowns:

rossmum
October 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Wise man.

Dole
October 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
And they're prepared for any variety of zombies, whether they move fast or slow.

"If it's fast zombies, it's every man for himself. When they're fast, things go down south fast," he said.
Now there's a man with a plan. <_<

Also, vampires. (http://media.movies.ign.com/media/771/771901/vids_1.html)

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Were this man on the internet, where most stuff is not really serious, I would be right there with him.

But he has a fucking militia set up to fight an invisible undead menace. I just do not reach.

Emmzee
October 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Were this man on the internet, where most stuff is not really serious, I would be right there with him.

But he has a fucking militia set up to fight an invisible undead menace. I just do not reach.
Then you will be eaten first.

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Then you will be eaten first.
Not if my town is on fire.
Which is always since I live in SoCal.

Emmzee
October 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Not if my town is on fire.
Which is always since I live in SoCal.

That was an epic self-burn right there.

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Literally.

Syuusuke
October 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM
He's been playing too much CS:S Zombies and/or HL2 =/

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM
He's been playing too much Resident Evil.
Fixed, buddy.

Emmzee
October 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Literally.
No pun intended.

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 09:20 PM
No pun intended.
Well, shit. I mean, we are grammatically fucked now.

Con
October 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Gotta give em credit for having a plan, even if they are lunatics.

Emmzee
October 24th, 2007, 09:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Thich_Quang_Duc_-_Self_Immolation.jpg

Sorry, I had to do it.

Mass
October 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Cargo pants and a leather jacket, something tight with random exposed skin for my GF, a shotty and crossbow a

Seriously: crow bar, axe, hatchet. Firearms, only with a bayonet, improvised or other, flashlights, get a fuel effecient car, stock up on gas, load up on the unrotting food products of American capitalism, duck tape blades to the car. Get my friends, make sure they aren't gonna be pusses. cruise, find a place without humans, say a national park, rebuild a town their. Also, bring women, otherwise its pointless. Capture a zombie and wait to see how long it takes for them to die.

Start sending signals, pick up survivors far away from your settlement, drive only during day light. Get someone with piloting experience, start patrolling for survivors. Good places to raid are prisons, full of strong people who are protected from would be predators. Develop a way of masking human scent.

After threat has passed, reignite civilization: develop agriculture, domestication. Make sure to teach children language, write down plans for various machines, encase them, try and pursuade people not to worship them. Tell children stories of life in earlier times.

Of course, Zombies means republicans.

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Q. If your friend gets bitten, should you just kill them right away?
A. It depends on how much you like them and if they’re still useful until they die and turn. You probably want to take them out ASAP or send them on a dangerous mission so that way you’re not a murderer; you’re just letting them go first.

Q. How long before you can come out of hiding after a zombie attack?
A. It’s gonna be a long time. You better find a quiet spot in the Arctic and make your compound. Choose your group well. Unlike movies, the A-hole doesn’t always die.

Q. If you’re bitten, do you just kill yourself?
A. Do yourself a service or depending on your beliefs, just handcuff yourself to a radiator.

Q. What are the signs you’ve been infected?
A. A bite is a red flag. Despite what you see on Fox News, you can’t get the virus from a toilet seat or the air. You could get it from an open-mouthed kiss, but if you’re kissing a zombie, you have bigger problems.

Q. If you have you a lot of firepower, will you survive?
A. We have firepower but it’s a question of having enough. It has always solved our problems. We won Vietnam, we are winning now overseas (in Iraq) and it really helped against Katrina.
:XD:

Con
October 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
HAHAHAHAH, oh man

rossmum
October 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Literally.
Now that was just godlike.

Also, we Facepunchers have our own custom forum section for Zombies. Unsurprisingly, it's easily one of the most popular.

Caboose O'Malley
October 24th, 2007, 10:38 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9661/zombieszu4.jpg

BkaxjymbfS0

TOP 10 LESSONS FOR SURVIVING A ZOMBIE ATTACK

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don't need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombies may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Dr Nick
October 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM
The only way we're going to get zombies is if something like Resident Evil happens, where scientists find a way to reanimate dead cells.

Which I doubt will happen.

Atty
October 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I'm immune to Zombies.

Pooky
October 24th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'm immune to Zombies.

That's what she said! :haw:

She was wrong.

Atty
October 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM
She? Obviously she was wrong, no woman is as awesome as I, therefore could never be immune to Zombies as I am.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM
no woman is as awesome as I
atty's sister > him. so u r wrong thar mister

Dr Nick
October 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
atty's sister > him. so u r wrong thar mister
:downs:

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Crazy people make me giggle.

Dr Nick
October 25th, 2007, 01:21 AM
So you've been laughing hysterically since August?

legionaire45
October 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I have an assortment of knives, several katanas and a Scottish hand-and-a-half sword. All within 5feet of my bed. Fuck yes I'm ready for a zombie attack.

Plus for extra close/bloody work I have a mag-light :D.
http://therawfeed.com/pix/mag-light.shotgun1.jpg
/notmine

However, I am immune to zombies anyway since I am a Damphir. And Cthulhu. :E

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 01:38 AM
So you've been laughing hysterically since August?
There's a reference in there somewhere, and I totally missed it.

:smith:

Dr Nick
October 25th, 2007, 03:52 AM
"Join Date: Aug 2007"

rossmum
October 25th, 2007, 09:06 AM
hay guys

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393

also,

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=428203

Dr Nick
October 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I couldn't do the quiz :saddowns:

So instead, I googled another one and got a champion rank!

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I see what you did thar! :v

And the zombie quiz refuses to load :(

Rosco
October 25th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Stopped reading at 'an suv'

JunkfoodMan
October 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Stopped reading at 'an suv'

How many times have you heard somebody say "a SUV""?
Also, I'll keep this in mind.

Rosco
October 25th, 2007, 01:36 PM
How many times have you heard somebody say "a SUV""?
Also, I'll keep this in mind.

Sounds grammaticly correct if you say SUV, not S-U-V :p
@Dr Nick, that's it, I was thinking of the term a sport utility vehicle, my mind's a mess.
or the after effects of this pot is messing my mind up D:

Dr Nick
October 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle. Just incase you didn't know.

Archon23
October 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Guns? Check. Ammo? Check. Retractable Stairs? Check. Enough canned food to last 2 years? Check. Bathtubs upstairs that can be filled with water? Check.

I say I'm moderately ready, unless were facing fast zombies. If thats the case I might as well put on body armor and duct tape knives to my hands and wait to become a zombie.

Sever
October 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
You know you secretly want the zombies to get you. We all do. Everyone who has played Halo's Zombies/Infection or one of CS's Zombies gametypes knows this. Its just so much more fun to BE the zombie than run from it.

Rob Oplawar
October 25th, 2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.h2ek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Zombie_Plan
pearoast

Also, this (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=40.007134,-105.262381&spn=0.003628,0.008454&t=k&z=18&om=1) building will keep me safe. My friends and I have already got our plan laid out, and unfortunately the building is now full. Anybody else who tries to join us will be turned away, violently if necessary, and we are prepared to firght for our claim to the upper floors. I can't tell you anything else in case you get infected, because then the Zombie Overlord would know too much.

Zeph
October 25th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Everyone should always be prepared for a zombie attack. If you're prepared for a zombie attack, you're prepared for anything up to a military assault. Fast zombies aren't as bad as they're getting made out to be.

My friends in high school came up with a zombie plan back in my senior year. We would have lived no matter what up to the point the government detonates a tactical nuclear device at the nearby mountain base.

Dole
October 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Anybody else who tries to join us will be turned away, violently if necessary, and we are prepared to firght for our claim to the upper floors.
When I become a zombie I'll get in a car and drive to Colorado. Because zombies can drive.

In the instance of a zombie epidemic, I have planned to establish a ragtag urban excursion troupe, subsequently followed by a community-wide confederacy after the threat is either exterminated, quarantined, or minimalized.

After the island is secured, extemporaneous checkpoints will be set up at the Verrazano Bridge, Bayonne Bridge, Goethals Bridge, Outerbridge, and the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. The checkpoints will take root, mature, and be organized into a project to isolate the bridges along several intervals stretching across each bridge to Brooklyn, Bayonne, Elizabeth, and Manhattan, respectively. Attempts to institute and maintain communications with the cities across the bridges will be made to ensure that those cities follow similar protocols as well. If the zombies are capable of walking along across the bay and river floors, the outskirts of the island will be walled in many times over and fortified, hopefully with barricades based both inland, and after a long term infestation, out into the water.

Assuming some of the cities have steady control of their domain, efforts will be made to consolidate them, and joint attacks will be sent out to recapture other counties, and to sanitize our own. Migrants seeking asylum on our island will be conducted through the various screening points along the bridges. If something goes awry, local community refuges will be ready to hold. On our island, the Mall and a Costco are located in the same mass-commercial area in the center of the island, and will function as the primary command post of the borough.

Costco being a warehouse, is the preferable sanctuary, stocked to the brim with food, commodities, and also aisles of vertical storage racks. In the case that the island is permeated and Costco is breached, zombies can't climb up shelves, and the uppermost racks will serve as temporary apartments while the warehouse is purged. Worst comes to worse, escape routes through the ventilation shafts are eaasily accessible by these racks. The fortresses will be retaken, and then order (local at the very least) will be restored.

Limited
October 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Looks like some ones been watching 28 Days/Weeks later with an open mind.

I gotta admit though, hes right, if we get a hurricane tomorrow, we're sorted, we have plans in place, if a massive fire starts tomorrow, we're sorted, we have plans in place, but if a massive zombie attacks tomorrow, we're well and truly fucked.

Emmzee
October 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Honestly?

I'm fucked as far as zombies are concerned. I have no weapons, although i have a friend a county over that has a lot of guns, ranging from pistols to scoped hunting rifles to shotguns to AK47s and Rugers, but the chance of being able to get over there is slim, because zombies might block the road or something.

Also:
PRvZZy7uTqI
Aim for the head.

Dr Nick
October 26th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Also, this (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=40.007134,-105.262381&spn=0.003628,0.008454&t=k&z=18&om=1) building will keep me safe. My friends and I have already got our plan laid out, and unfortunately the building is now full. Anybody else who tries to join us will be turned away, violently if necessary, and we are prepared to firght for our claim to the upper floors. I can't tell you anything else in case you get infected, because then the Zombie Overlord would know too much.Big does not mean good! If they get in when you're in a closed spot, you're gonna die.

I would rather pick a small, well enforced house, with people guarding each door/window, and others taking a break/planning/resting to guard later.

But you keep your big building, I'm not letting in any more than I need to!

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 03:41 AM
No but that building is a friggin maze, and my friends and I all know every nook and cranny of it as though we lived there, because we pretty much do- every one of my classes this year is in there. Its layout is just perfect for locking down, and yet there are a hundred escape routes. No matter where you are, there's always a way to escape. It really depends on the intelligence of the zombies- if they can climb, for example, we're fucked. But we're banking on the fact that the only way for zombies to get in are easily identifiable and easily blockaded.

Plus, it's the engineering center. Not to mention the numerous cafes and vending machines supplying ample food and the shelves of distilled water, there are also many laboratories with quite intriguing possibilities... in the very worst case scenario we can pretty much rig the whole building to blow- nothing like going out with a bang!

Man, that building has so much potential for booby traps and blockades and extended survival and epic zombie fighting it almost makes me wish the zombies would just go ahead and attack already. Hell, my friends and I have only claimed the top floors of the towers (10 stories high is pretty well defesnible against zombies) so taking into account all the other slightly less good places to hole up we could end up with a veritable community in there. With power generators and electrical equipment galore so we could all stay in touch and then some. Ample roof space for rain collection... man. The list goes on.

Dr Nick
October 26th, 2007, 03:59 AM
:eyesroll:

...Can I come?

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 04:07 AM
OMG. I just realized, once the zombie attack is over, and order is slowly restored, my fellow CS majors and I will have the most important tast of all- more important than establishing the new government and bringing people together and far more important than repopulating the earth (like we'd ever get to do that anyway).

We will be entrusted with the all important task of RESTORING THE INTERNET! I mean, we've got all the necessary equipment.

I can almost hear the celestial music that would grace our most holy of tasks.

Archon23
October 26th, 2007, 06:26 AM
.......Okay I NEED to join you guys. I'll bring guns. :downs:

atomicpower93
October 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Because Lansing, Michigan sure is:
http://hub.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071024/NOISE05/710240310

Discuss.
confide them to on place and NUKE EM!

Phopojijo
October 26th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Why do people always use shotguns against zombies? o.o;

What if they wield guns?

Where could I find more camera batteries? o.o;

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Why do people always use shotguns against zombies? o.o;

What if they wield guns?

Where could I find more camera batteries? o.o;
1. Shotguns have a higher shot dispersion than say, a hunting rifle, so it's easier for someone with less weapons training to use them to destroy some brains.

2. Only Bub can wield a gun, gosh.

3. Wal-Mart. You can also get guns and nonperishable food there too. In fact, that and Dick's sporting goods are the first places I'm going when zombies attack.

Caboose O'Malley
October 26th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Shotguns do massive damage in close range and could easily blow someones head off at close-range.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 12:40 PM
My brother has a folded steel Katana and knows how to use it. I'd say he's way better off with that than any of us are with shotguns.

... Me, since I totally suck with most blades and nearly took my own head off with the recoil last time I fired a gun, I'm sticking with my trusty machete which I keep sharp and near to my bed.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
My brother has a folded steel Katana and knows how to use it. I'd say he's way better off with that than any of us are with shotguns.

... Me, since I totally suck with most blades and nearly took my own head off with the recoil last time I fired a gun, I'm sticking with my trusty machete which I keep sharp and near to my bed.
You just weren't holding it right. It doesn't go directly into the shoulder. It goes closer to the neck than that.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
actually, it was some sort of revolver. Biggest caliber bullets you could possibly put into a revolver. It was awesome. a magnum of some sort I guess, idk much about guns.

Skiiran
October 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM

He is, of course, risking gore splatter and thus self-infection. This is why you use guns.

Archon23
October 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
That kinda also rules out the shotgun in most cases, and the chainsaw.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM
actually, it was some sort of revolver. Biggest caliber bullets you could possibly put into a revolver. It was awesome. a magnum of some sort I guess, idk much about guns.
Oh. that's different. Rifles and shotguns are better against zombies tbh.

Dole
October 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM
My brother has a folded steel Katana and knows how to use it.

...folded katana?

And if by machete do you mean the kind you get at a backwoods convenience store or the kind you get at army surplus? For the sake of brevity, the former is absolutely useless.

2. Only Bub can wield a gun, gosh.

3. Wal-Mart. You can also get guns and nonperishable food there too. In fact, that and Dick's sporting goods are the first places I'm going when zombies attack.
2. And he spends all of his time listening to tape recorders.
3. I hope you're not planning on being in Dick's longer than an hour or two. Those places have huge, low display windows on pretty much every wall on the ground floor.

You just weren't holding it right. It doesn't go directly into the shoulder. It goes closer to the neck than that.
Yes. You set the butt of a shotgun into the 'pocket' between your deltoid and your pec and lean into it.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
2. And he spends all of his time listening to tape recorders.
3. I hope you're not planning on being in Dick's longer than an hour or two. Those places have huge, low display windows on pretty much every wall on the ground floor.
2. Hello, Aunt Alicia.
3. No. I will take as little time as possible.

Also, I've narrowed the best vehicle to have in a zombie situation to two things:
1. A pickup. It has a nice bed that allows for large cargo storage, and most trucks are tough and can stand me running over some zombies.
2. A station wagon. This is assuming gas is at a premium, because station wagons have a large carrying capacity and get good gas mileage.

I plan to head down south to rural Alabama as fast as I can. It's good for growing crops, and isolated from big cities, which is where the most zombies will be.

klange
October 26th, 2007, 09:08 PM
My plan is both simple, yet brilliant.
If the zombies are attacking in large numbers, and if the infection is spreading rapidly, I take the greatest course of action of all (and the same one the government takes) - I jump through the Starga- err, I mean, I get on the nearest shuttle to the ISS and live out my days there. I then assume that the infection has spread everywhere and launch the nukes (because we all know there are nukes on the ISS)

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ah, how noble of us, that we would flee the planet without thinking twice, simultaneously abandoning our home and risking spreading the infection offworld. And you know it would happen, if people were evacuated to space, somewhere, someone would hide a little tiny scratch, and then bam, we just infected Mars and Coruscant and Romulus and who knows what else.

Actually, the UFOs secretly spying on us would never let that happen. They'd quarantine Earth in a second.

/slaps forehead
Hell, that's probably why they're here in the first place- just keepin us from getting out!

Dole
October 26th, 2007, 10:30 PM
If zombies invade do the smart thing -- grab your Energy Sword, a green sweatshirt, and stick a biohazard patch on your shoulder and yell "I'M ON YUR TEEM LULZ!"

And you know it would happen, if people were evacuated to space, somewhere, someone would hide a little tiny scratch, and then bam, 1. we just infected Mars and Coruscant and Romulus and who knows what else.

2. Actually, the UFOs secretly spying on us would never let that happen. They'd quarantine Earth in a second.
1. [/doom3] Also, what the hell is Romulus?
2. [/plan9]

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM
...folded katana?
Just a katana. Katanas are made of folded steel, so folded katana is kinda redundant.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
naw, most "Katana"s you can buy in the store aren't folded steel, and as a result they aren't very sharp and aren't very strong. I said it specifically because his is a rare expensive real one, and it's the sharpest fucking blade I have ever seen in person. I've always been skeptical of swords cutting people's arms and heads off because flesh and bone are hard to cut like that, but with this one, idk, I'd bet with that sword with a powerful enough blow you could slice any limb clean off. :iia:

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 10:56 PM
naw, most "Katana"s you can buy in the store aren't folded steel, and as a result they aren't very sharp and aren't very strong. I said it specifically because his is a rare expensive real one, and it's the sharpest fucking blade I have ever seen in person. I've always been skeptical of swords cutting people's arms and heads off because flesh and bone are hard to cut like that, but with this one, idk, I'd bet with that sword with a powerful enough blow you could slice any limb clean off. :iia:
Expensive my ass. I got a real combat-ready katana at the flea market from this Chinese guy who probably runs a sweatshop for $65. I keep it above my bed, and my machete (along with a filtration-based gas mask, both bought from army surplus) under my bed. I also have one of those German shovels from WWII that my great uncle looted whilst in Berlin.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I guarantee you it is not folded steel. If anything, it's prolly like the WWII katanas Japan mass produced, which were molded. You don't mass produce a folded steel katana, and you don't sell a folded steel katana for cheap unless you don't know what it is you've got.

cheap ass molded katana:
http://sunflow.sourceforge.net/gallery/v0054/katana.png

real folded steel katana:
http://www.kultofathena.com/images&#37;5CPC1204_l.jpg

srsly, I think it's the best zombie fighting weapon there is. OMG, we should make a combination ninja/zombie movie! that would be epic win!

edit: and yes I know ninjas don't use katanas.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM
It's folded.

And here's the perfect plan for H2V if zombies attack:
1. We all get guns, food, gas, etc. from our respective hometowns.
2. We make a beeline for Baldwin County, Alabama. It's adjacent to Mobile. Perfect land. Nice open farmland so you can see zombies coming, very rural, and relatively self-sufficient. We start a community there, and it will be full of awesome.

Who's with me?

e: oh shit, I confused "Mobile" for "Moline".

Boba
October 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
MZ we will need healthy females of breeding age

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM
MZ we will need healthy females of breeding age
Ten females to each male...

rossmum
October 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM
It's folded.

And here's the perfect plan for H2V if zombies attack:
1. We all get guns, food, gas, etc. from our respective hometowns.
2. We make a beeline for Baldwin County, Alabama. It's adjacent to Moline. Perfect land. Nice open farmland so you can see zombies coming, very rural, and relatively self-sufficient. We start a community there, and it will be full of awesome.

Who's with me?
Can we visit Robert Stengel while we're there?

e:

oh, owned by US geography :smith:

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Can we visit Robert Stengel while we're there?
You're thinking of Moline, Illinois.

We were talking about Mobile County.

rossmum
October 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
In that case, nice typo.

Still... maybe we can go on a road trip to visit Robert Stengel? His dad's a judge. I bet he'd show those zombies what for.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM
In that case, nice typo.
GOSH ROSS YOU'RE SO CRITICAL but I love you

Still... maybe we can go on a road trip to visit Robert Stengel? His dad's a judge. I bet he'd show those zombies what for.
Yeah man, he'd back door hack them if they tried to molest his house.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM
@Emmzee: :picsorstfu:

Also@Emmzee: But Alabama sucks! You can still farm in Colorado, and there are always the mountains to retreat to.
Anyways, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to make snowmen using zombie pieces.

Emmzee
October 26th, 2007, 11:52 PM
@Emmzee: :picsorstfu:

Also@Emmzee: But Alabama sucks! You can still farm in Colorado, and there are always the mountains to retreat to.
Anyways, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to make snowmen using zombie pieces.
That does sound tempting...

Also, if we end up in Colorado, we can get the Wolverines to help us out.

Con
October 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I wanna make a zombie plan for fun, but I need a realistic backstory first... If almost everyone in the world gets the virus, then it would be spread like the common cold. Symptoms would start appearing in a couple days; nausea, irrational thinking, confusion, numbness. I would be more realistic if the infected didn't just drop dead and respawn as a zombie. Instead, they would probably just gradually degrade into that state as the virus takes control. The big question is, where does it come from? Lets say it starts out in some 3rd world country. That gives us warning time that the virus is coming, and we can prepare. Thousands of other people will be doing the same; stocking up on meds and food. The stores would most likely be raided and empty by the time the virus and the zombies came to your town.
It would be important not to be infected at first. I would have to find some sort of airtight suit before they came. These zombies would probably be runners, but would be in their homes most likely. I would gather all my supplies from home and drive to the nearest police department. They would have guns there and it most likely wouldn't be ransacked. Problem is though, the only police station I can think of is downtown. Driving would be the best option since the roads would be relatively clear with everyone at home. Yes, driving is noisy and might attract the zombies, but they can't outrun a car even if they heard it. Besides, they're probably going through the cupboards in there homes, ripping open anything that smells like food and eating it, not to mention the food the people have been stocking up on in preparation.
After raiding the police station, assuming there were no surviving or sick cops there stopping me, I would want to get some more supplies. Supermarkets are most likely cleared out, but I'd take a look anyway. Then, I would head to the walmart and camp out there. It's got a roof where I can grow a garden from the garden center, and supplies to board the place up. There's also two supermarkets nearby to raid for any remaining food. Let's say the zombies are getting hungry now. They've run out of food in their homes and have come outside looking for more. They'll hear me driving around getting food and water, and come for the walmart. Hopefully, I won't have to rely on just the police's weapons. The walmart here sells guns as well. Note, I'm still in my suit making sure I don't get infected. I might have to wear it at all times if the virus just stays in their system, or leaves after a while but leaves irreparable damage to the host's brain. Let's make this a cool virus, after a while when the host starts to wear out, the guy dies and swells up, and releases some spores. Animals are immune to the disease, and I'd hunt them for meat. After a while, there would be no more hosts left to infect. They would all be dead except for the survivors who had a plan ;p

rossmum
October 27th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Let's make this a cool virus, after a while when the host starts to wear out, the guy dies and swells up, and releases some spores.
Wow, you're not a Halo player at all. :p

Archon23
October 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
asiguyzXgyg

:v

Pooky
October 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM
the zombies need to be able to suck the life force out of stuff and turn it into dust

Rob Oplawar
October 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
[awesomely creepy and disturbing vid]
hey I was gonna post that

seriously, I think this is the most likely scenario for zombies- a fungus, not a virus. And if it's a fungus, there's very little you can do. If you get bit, you get spores on you. If you breathe, you inhale spores. If you eat anything at all without cooking it thoroughly, you risk eating spores that have landed on it.

Hm, in that scenario, the first thing I'd do is go raid the Sharper Image store and stock up on air purifiers. And then I'd go to the hardware store and get a bunch of dust masks (along with various... implements of destruction >=D ). And then I'd retreat up into the northern mountains, which are upwind of the major population centers like Denver.

n00b1n8R
October 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM
asiguyzXgyg

:v
:suicide:

Sever
October 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Here (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/44549/) is a great example of what every residential and commercial location needs on hand at all times.

nooBBooze
October 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Id say if were talking about this corny "night of the living dead" kind of zombies, a decent bicycle offers perfect protection as they wont be able to keep up with it. and if I leave the house from time to time to get some groceries, ammo, gas or just to check the mailbox, a handy shotgun and some nades should clear me a way thorugh rather larger crouds of zombies.

if id be up against the "28 days later" kind of zombies, id swap my bike for a range rover as theire usually sprintig while hunting their meat. luckily their unable to wield any wepaons, drive vehicles or coordinate themselves so a well dug trench around my house should suffice. also, since a HIV-like virus caused their zombification, safe sex is imperative.

OmegaDragon
October 30th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Also, make sure you have the proper zombie bashing weapons if you are going to defend yourself. Here (http://www.ex-robot.com/images/zombie-u.pdf) is a weapon comparison that shows you the most reliable defense against the undead.

*brought to you by the Zombie Preparedness Initiative (http://ww2.zombieinitiative.org/) "Keep your head. Remove theirs."