PDA

View Full Version : W.I.P InterTerrestrial

Terror(NO)More
November 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Hey guys I've got some of the inside of my map started. All - Opinions. Idea's. Crit. Wanted. Mostly Idea's of what I could add into this.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/bman12_2006/WIPInterTerrestrialMap.jpg

teh lag
November 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Looks boring. The only thing that could barely pass is the hall thingy with all the bulkheads on the left, and even that doesn't seem very exiting. A box with random tubes and extrusions/chamfers just doesn't make us interested.

Edit : and before anyone says anything, it's not a lack of textures. Stuff can look perfectly interesting untextured, and it nothing can make a box more than a box.

Terror(NO)More
November 4th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I would Like to show you all my finished cliffs but I want to get them textured first.

Bastinka
November 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Can't see having much fun in that.

Tweek
November 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
i see boxes + cylinders = fail

Roostervier
November 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Looks boring. The only thing that could barely pass is the hall thingy with all the bulkheads on the left, and even that doesn't seem very exiting. A box with random tubes and extrusions/chamfers just doesn't make us interested.

Edit : and before anyone says anything, it's not a lack of textures. Stuff can look perfectly interesting untextured, and it nothing can make a box more than a box.

I would Like to show you all my finished cliffs but I want to get them textured first.

I lol'd. Anyway, I agree with lag. Rooms aren't boxes like that... especially large ones.

FRain
November 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
DO NOT WANT

SnaFuBAR
November 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
completely boring. rip some forerunner geometry from halo and look at it. and what the hell is in the room to the right? distributor caps??

LlamaMaster
November 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
completely boring. rip some forerunner geometry from halo and look at it. and what the hell is in the room to the right? distributor caps??
As long as you have Halo PC it's much easier just to look at the geometry with spark edit. It shows the wireframe and everything and saves the hassle of ripping.

Mr Buckshot
November 4th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Textures won't improve anything if the core concept looks poor. Do you realize that everyone here posts their WIPs in the gray untextured form? In fact, the gray untextured form persists for an uber-long time until the whole thing is done or a major portion is done. If the gray untextured form looks cool, textures won't be a problem at all.

The hallway with the arches is fine, but you might want to add some more.