PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Tech deals

Zeph
November 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Post them.

Office Max has some great deals for portable drives. 2GB SD/USB are about 13 USD and 4GB ones are about 20 USD. Target and Office Max also have 500GB external HDDs for under 100 USD.

Emmzee
November 8th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Waitasecond...

When is Black Friday?

Zeph
November 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
The same day it is every year. The Friday after Thanksgiving.

Timo
November 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM
If only the same deals were available down here :-(

ImSpartacus
November 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Down where?

odseraphim
November 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Down where?
Hell.. uh, New Zealand :p

paladin
November 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Down where?
Down under... the gum drop tree.

I heard Fry's is having a pretty big one.

legionaire45
November 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
You'll probably find me at Fry's (Burbank or Canoga) on Black Friday. Also on Monday when I pick up my copy of Crysis :D.

Emmzee
November 8th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'm camping overnight to be first in line at Best Buy.

alby
November 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Lol...thats what I did to get the first halo 3 at the Seattle best buy. signed by bill gates.

Best Buy is having a sale and I might need to stock up on a few games and stuff.

Zeph
November 9th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Best buy ads were out and there were tons of discount movies and games. I'll be looking into getting Orange Box for 25 USD. I cant use Atty's steam accound forever, ya know :p. Also, Best Buy has an external 500GB WD HDD for 100 USD as well. If Office Max runs out of the cheaper external drives, I'll head over to my local Best Buy and see if I can get one, but I'm still going to go to Office Max first to get incredibly cheap flash drives. I'm getting tired of storing all my files on the same drive I take pictures and movies on from my digital camera.

I was actually quite disapointed with the Best Buy ads. They only have 4GB flash drives on sale and one digital camera. I was hoping to see if there was a decent digital SLR or something I might be able to get.

Abdurahman
November 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM
http://bfads.net/

Here ya go :D

Zeph
November 22nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well, tomorrow's the day. I'm gonna go out at 5 in the morning to get mine. It's at Office Max, so there shouldn't be too many people. I'm tempted to go out to Best Buy afterwards and get some cheap DVDs, but I'm not sure if I want to wait in that line.

SnaFuBAR
November 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
hittin office max or office depot (haven't decided) for some stuffs.

Zeph
November 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
I just saw all the online deals. I was asleep when they started up and were of course sold out when I woke up. You'd think they would have at least lasted at least 24 hours :\

Cortexian
November 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Canada should have deals to imho. I need a new monitor.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10094087&catid=25616&logon=&langid=EN

:)

SnaFuBAR
November 22nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
funny, i'm pickin up an acer 24" monitor tomorrow mornin :)

SMASH
November 22nd, 2007, 10:47 PM
Just, for god's sake, don't buy anything more than batteries at CVS.... i work there, it's all a big rip off.

Zeph
November 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
I think I might go by Best Buy tomorrow and see if I can get some good deals on some movies, etc.

InnerGoat
November 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
funny, i'm pickin up an acer 24" monitor tomorrow mornin :)There's a better screen for close to the same price.. but go right ahead :D

Waffles
November 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
Hm, can anyone find the Frys ads? Cause rather than going to bestbuy might as well go to frys.

JDMFSeanP
November 23rd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Zeph if you plan on getting anything at any big electronic stores, I'd leave now and go wait in line.

Bad Waffle
November 23rd, 2007, 03:48 AM
it sucks when the closest fry's is 150 mi away D:

E: i take that back, its 29.6 mi because its in burbank...but it feels like 150 D:

SnaFuBAR
November 23rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
i HATE burbank.

Waffles
November 23rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
hah Im in torrance, the nearest frys is manhatten, not that far in car only a 20 min drive :D

Zeph
November 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
Zeph if you plan on getting anything at any big electronic stores, I'd leave now and go wait in line.

I left the house about 5:45 and drove over to my local Office Max. Oddly enough, it turned into a shoe warehouse without my permission. So, I drove to the next city over and got to their Office Max about 45 minutes before it opened. I stood in line and passively listened to people complain and bitch about lines and how crazy people are out there. One guy behind me went up to the front of the line to ask a question and was asked to leave the premise. He got mad, started yelling, went back to where his family was waiting in line, continued yelling, and did so until one of the managers walking around handing reserve tickets out to people informed him the items he was waiting in line for have already been reserved. Fifteen minutes later, the doors opened and I proceeded inside with my reserve ticket for a Seagate 500GB external hard drive to pick up two 4GB SD cards and a 2GB SD card. 75% of the people in front of me rushed into the first two sets of registers. Even though I took the time to pick up some memory cards, I just walked right past them to the open register not fifteen feet away. At the register checking out, I realized there was no one behind me. Thinking I was doing something wrong, I looked behind me, over to the people in line waiting to check out, back behind me, then to the cashier wearing a large name tag labeled 'Steve'. Steve looked at me and shrugged, continuing to check me out. About that time, a massive horde of gremlin people piled in behind me causing a slight chuckle from Steve; surely bringing humor to the painful day I'm sure he was expecting. Reading my receipt on the way out, I realized I saved about 180 dollars on my 185 dollar purchase. Not counting tax, that's more than a 50% discount, you know. Pleased as Buddha Cat is with the world, I drove over to Best Buy, grabbed a copy of their ad, and started browsing. I thought about getting some movies, but decided against it and chose to pick up a copy of Orange Box. I walked into the PC game isle and WHOA! hot chick.

I live in the crystal meth capital of the world, and even though the vast majority of the girls my age dont do it, most of their mothers did. I'm not sure how it's possible, but the bad looks you pick up after using meth for so long seems to be an inherited trait. That said, good looks aren't as abundant here as say the beaches of Florida or some of the better areas of Raleigh, so you can understand my painful disappointment as hot chick walked away with her boyfriend. Seeing them move away from the television department and realizing the unfortunate accident of God smiting him with a falling TV wouldn't happen, I perused the ads looking for something else I'd be interested in buying. 100 DVD-Rs for seven bucks seemed like a good enough buy, so I made my way over to the computer section and found no sign of them whatsoever. Grabbing the attention of Mr. No Name On My Name Tag (or Jeff for short), I asked about them. Jeff said they were already sold out. There was a large box full of them sitting in the isle and people just started grabbing them. Eventually, one person just grabbed the box and went to go check out. Disappointed I didn't think to do something like that already, I went to check out. Five minutes later the cashier, Miss Had Too Many Cups Of Coffee This Morning, demanded identification as proof of my age as Orange Box is a video game rated 'M for Mature'. Digging through my wallet debating within myself whether I wished to know more about this 'M for Mature'. Not sure if I wanted to listen to her voice anymore, I decided for the shorter route and went home.

Waffles
November 23rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
I got a Westinghouse 22" Moniter, a iPod Stero, and a Logitech MX 518 SE

Pics:

IN DA BOXXESSS
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3932/dsc00050mf6.jpg

Set Up, Im dualing my mac moniter and the 22" until my rig is complete.
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1825/dsc00051pu1.jpg

Abdurahman
November 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
I got the orange box today from Best Buy for $25, it was awesome! THere were like 20 copies of it on the shelf lol. The lady at the register just passed it through, even though im only 15!

It was awesome. I also got a 4 gig ms pro duo for 34.99, and my dad got a 99 dollar sony dvd-vcr combo.

Cortexian
November 23rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
To bad I have to wait for another sale to come around... Stupid Canada, I have to wait till boxing day...