PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

Snowy
November 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
So I'm probably going to have my first job interview tomorrow with Taco Bell (go ahead, laugh, everybody starts somewhere). Anybody have any tips on making good impressions/getting the job? Also, what was your first job? :3

TeeKup
November 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA. Ok I'm done and I can't really laugh.

My first job was at the local theme park, Carowinds.

I had to deal with hyperactive kids, morbidly obese people, and parents who though they were better than everyone else all day. Good luck at Taco bell, I don't know what its like at fast food. :I

Zeph
November 13th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Do they even care about anything other than whether you're a criminal or drug user?

Mass
November 13th, 2007, 07:57 PM
firm handshake, care in appearence and look 'em in the eyes.

It's Taco Bell, don't smell like pot and you 'll be shoowin, and there is a possibility that it will be disregarded even if you do.

Emmzee
November 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM
For job interviews, I generally show up fifteen minutes late, disheveled, drunk or hung over (the former if it's in the morning), and I talk down to the interviewer like I don't need the money this job will provide.

I guess I'm too good in interviews for any business in my area, because none of them have hired me yet.

Dole
November 13th, 2007, 08:18 PM
It's Taco Bell, don't smell like pot and you 'll be shoowin, and there is a possibility that it will be disregarded even if you do.
^ Pretty much what I was going to say verbatim.

My first job was at the local theme park, Carowinds.
God, I hated that place. I couldn't help but feel it was a terribly slow-paced knockoff of Six Flags for the whole five hours I was there.

Kornman00
November 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
At a sub sandwich place. It was there that I realized how much it would suck to work at a "fastfood" place even though this place was of higher standard in my books. Good sandwichs, but they only gave employees half off on sandwiches and I was only making min. wage there.

After I stopped working there is when I got into contracting with my programmer "skillz".

Then I met a Army recruiter and he had a tazer and when I woke up, the next thing I know is that I'm on a plane to go to Basic :o

Tweek
November 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
at my first job, they were all official, and i was like do you REALLY care about all my interests and opinions, or do you just want to tell me you got the job and put me to work?

he was like O_o
and then he said something along the lines of "yeah, just get to work, youll be walking along with that dude, pay attention and shit."

Patrickssj6
November 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I look Mexican so it was no problem for me to get accepted at McDonald's.
nvm the above

Kornman00
November 14th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I look Mexican so it was no problem for me to get accepted at McDonald's.
nvm the above
vote for pedo pedro

Emmzee
November 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM
vote for pedo pedro
Does Pedro offer me his protection?

paladin
November 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I still work at my first job, 3 year. Drywall delivery :)

Emmzee
November 14th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I'm currently working in child care, since June '05.

Emmzee and small children, a deadly combination.

fatso784
November 14th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Here's good advice: don't fuck up the customer's order.

Emmzee
November 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Here's good advice: don't fuck up the customer's order.
Yeah, you can only get away with that if you don't know English.

Oh yeah, that's half of Taco Bell's employees.