PDA

View Full Version : A random issue i've never had before

ICEE
November 27th, 2007, 07:13 PM
ok, now before you read this and instantly judge, know that i didnt mess with the script or the checklists or anything. this just randomly started happening, no matter what model i import.

well, i tried importing my assault rifle model from a gbx into max, but for some reason, the nodes are attached to the main part of the model, not just the corresponding section. in this image i am using a normal assault rifle model, not mine, but it happens no matter what model i import.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/ARwtf.jpg

it pretty much kills me to post this here, I think this is an all time low for me, asking for help with something as ridiculous as this... but here i am. if anyone has had a similar issue and can help, i'll be thankful...

for the record, im using theghost's gbxmodel importer v2.

sigh...

Gwunty
November 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM
re-install your script?
idk but something is mess up

ICEE
November 27th, 2007, 07:16 PM
yeah no kidding. i've reinstalled it several times, also had friends send me theirs and replaced it, but nothing helps

Gwunty
November 27th, 2007, 07:18 PM
then your max is screwed reinstall that

ICEE
November 27th, 2007, 07:22 PM
yeah... that'll be fun... im hoping that there is some other way. i don't know if max is really messed up or not, i mean after all its only messing up on one script

FrostySnowman
November 29th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Whenever max goes apeshit on me, I throw 3dsmax.ini (in the root directory) in the trash bin. It sometimes works.

ICEE
November 29th, 2007, 06:41 PM
alright, ill give that a shot, but ill just put it on the desktop instead of trash

FrostySnowman
November 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
alright, ill give that a shot, but ill just put it on the desktop instead of trash

same thing, as long as you don't empty the bin.

ICEE
November 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM
yeah, well it didnt help anyways.. =\

Kalub
November 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
So your saying, that when you move a marker/node it drags parts of the model with it?

Seems like you imported it as a biped with the markers being bones. If you click the main model is there a "skin" modifier? If so, delete it.

teh lag
November 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
So your saying, that when you move a marker/node it drags parts of the model with it?

Seems like you imported it as a biped with the markers being bones. If you click the main model is there a "skin" modifier? If so, delete it.

^

I've had alot of instances where using the skin option on the importer with models using normal nodes instead of bones has caused stuff like this.

Tweek
November 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM
what Kalub said.

also, select all objects, and hit the big "unlink all" button.
it unlinks your shit.

it's most likely just a skin issue