PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] RVB: H3 new map previews

n00b1n8R
December 11th, 2007, 01:26 AM
2 Videos, 3 Maps

http://files.redvsblue.com/web/images/RvB_H3Maps_DIY_610.jpg
Season's Greetings -
Today we bring you not one, but two new RvB videos. Bungie gave us a sneak peek at their new Halo 3 maps, and we're passing on that sneaky peeking to you. 'Tis the time of year for sharing after all.
You may have seen the first video (http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=263) on the Spike TV Video Game Awards last night. I know it was hard to notice anything other than the "envelopes" - but trust me, it was there. The second video (http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=264) will be appearing on Xbox Live Marketplace in the Halo 3 section, but you can find both videos in our archive (http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/) right now. Joy to the world, yo. And congrats to everyone at Bungie for their well-deserved awards for Best Multiplayer and Most Addictive Game.

i'm just here for the popcorn.

Botolf
December 11th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Haha, I love those blast doors/windows that open with a switch.

p0lar_bear
December 11th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Comedic gold.

dg
December 11th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I want Red vs. Blue back.

:-(

Flyboy
December 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I want Red vs. Blue back.

:-(
I don't. Enough is enough.

Co Redsonic
December 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I don't. Enough is enough.

Yeah, enough of the Blood Gulch chronicles...bring on the Standoff chronicles!:awesome:

TeeKup
December 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I want Standoff D:

FireDragon04
December 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Standoff is awesome, the moody lighting is :eek:!!! Very much like a sunset version of The Storm or Tsavo Highway with the low sun :). There some little rockets that fly over the map like missile launchers, which is pretty cool! Would have liked Longsword flyovers.... lol.
Rat's Nest is like a symmetrical map, almost identical in areas; to Crow's Nest. Love the little Pelican Fly-bys and Hornets that dart around on the outside area. It;s like a O with a '|' down the middle. and its pretty fun. Lots of vehicle action.
Foundry is like those warehouses from The Storm and it's amazing what you can do with it in forge.

Worth 800 points. I got 2000 so i could pick up Fable from XBOX Originals! <3 Fable!

p0lar_bear
December 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
HOLY SHIT IT'S DG

:awesome:

n00b1n8R
December 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
standoff?

Oh well, I suppose it's better then valhala :P

Co Redsonic
December 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah, its time they did somthing else besides BG/Coag.

p0lar_bear
December 11th, 2007, 08:37 PM

They did Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Backwash, and Waterworks.

flibitijibibo
December 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
They did Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Backwash, and Waterworks.Not to mention HEH, Chiron, Battle Creek, and Sidewinder.

That mancannon thing Simmons made was 1337.

n00b1n8R
December 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM

More because Valhalla isn't a box canyon with no way in (you could come in on the water).

and because standoff has the same coloured stone as BG.

and because it's a smaller version of BG (after all it's 4v4 not 8v8)

though everyone's been expecting valhalla, and there's the crashed peli there so that would tie in with the end of season 5 but w/e.

jngrow
December 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Holy shit the lighting on Standoff is godly. Why aren't there any other maps like that? I guess it's the Sierra 117 of MP. (in terms of effort that went into the level)

Co Redsonic
December 12th, 2007, 03:39 PM
They did Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Backwash, and Waterworks.

No, they were just there for a short while and then moved back to Coag. I say stay on another map. But the idea of the cashed Pelican is starting to get me back to going to Valhalla

n00b1n8R
December 12th, 2007, 03:51 PM
yes, there is a crashed pelican on valhalla, but so what?

The pelican at the end of season 5 would have been blown to shit, not have been crapped up and been able to crash.

Co Redsonic
December 14th, 2007, 10:48 PM
yes, there is a crashed pelican on valhalla, but so what?

The pelican at the end of season 5 would have been blown to shit, not have been crapped up and been able to crash.

OR

It didnt explode itself. Maybe it just transported itself into another demension. BOOM [How ever you spell it]

itszutak
December 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Either way, RvB said they were not going to make another season. :/

EDIT: I stand corrected. >_>;

p0lar_bear
December 15th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Either way, RvB said they were not going to make another season. :/

They said the the Blood Gulch Chronicles were over. Red Vs. Blue still lives.

Arteen
December 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
They're funnier when they're not trying to sell something, but the video was still enjoyable nonetheless.

Co Redsonic
December 17th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Could they be working on a new series of RvB as we speak?! o-o

klange
December 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Could they be working on a new series of RvB as we speak?! o-o
Probably and I hope so. It's pretty much a sure thing that there will be a new series, I just hope it involves the same characters we've all grown to love/hate...

Jay2645
December 18th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Probably and I hope so. It's pretty much a sure thing that there will be a new series, I just hope it involves the same characters we've all grown to love/hate...
Could you imagine the uproar that would happen if they replaced them?
Of course they're going to still have Tucker, Sarge, Church, Caboose, Grif, Simmons, Chupathingy, Sister, Doc, Donut, and anyone I missed (I don't think I missed anyone, but just in case), and they MIGHT bring back Shelia, Tex, Wyoming, and O'Malley, but I doubt it. Tex was the reason why the BG chronicles even had any storyline to them other then your average CTF game except everyone sucks.