PDA

View Full Version : Two Q's

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2007, 12:14 AM
First...how do i set custom resolutions on halo? it was like -res(1680,1850) or something like that.

Second....crap, what was it. I forgot. More on that later, i guess.

paladin
December 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Which Halo?

OmegaDragon
December 16th, 2007, 12:28 AM
1) (If Halo PC/CE) Add -vidmode w,h,r to the shortcut thing.
w=width
h=height
r=refresh rate

2)*insert answer to missing question*

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM
yay custom refresh rate!

OH, i remember the second question. Halo disables environmental sound (it thinks that the sound device is on my mobo, when im really using an creative audigy soundblaster) so how do i force that?

Pooky
December 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
it disables it? Wierd, it lets me enable it with integrated sound :|

OmegaDragon
December 16th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Disables as in you turn it on and it doesn't turn on? or disables as in you can't enable it in the first place?

legionaire45
December 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Direct Sound was removed from DirectX 10 (what Vista uses whether you have DX10 Hardware or not) so EAX doesn't work anymore. You'll need to pay Creative $10 (http://www.soundblaster.com/alchemy/) for a feature that you already payed for when you bought the card.
^____________^.

I love how software and hardware are marketed today.

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Argh. Well, where theres a will, i want my name in it.

wait...

EDIT: I dont have to pay 10 bucks, i just downloaded it. Yay for my x-fi, i guess?

legionaire45
December 16th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Sorry, you said Audigy up there so I didn't check under your user specs xD.

Yeah, it's free for XFI owners. Audigy 2 ZS owners (like myself) have to bend over and get it in the ass though.

Timo
December 16th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I thought Creative sound cards weren't able to use EAX in Halo since forever :? It can be enabled, it just stuffs up the sound or something.

legionaire45
December 16th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I thought Creative sound cards weren't able to use EAX in Halo since forever :? It can be enabled, it just stuffs up the sound or something.
I've been using EAX in Halo since at least version 1.05. EAX creates extra reverberations and echo-type sounds. For example if you fire your pistol in the base in Blood Gulch the sounds will bounce off walls and such. It also gives you some positional audio so you can tell if you are about to be melee'd in the ass.

Phobias
December 16th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Also helps when its small map, no motion tracker. Turn sound up and listen to the footsteps :D

Amit
December 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM

I've been using EAX in Halo since at least version 1.05. EAX creates extra reverberations and echo-type sounds. For example if you fire your pistol in the base in Blood Gulch the sounds will bounce off walls and such. It also gives you some positional audio so you can tell if you are about to be melee'd in the ass.

Also helps when its small map, no motion tracker. Turn sound up and listen to the footsteps :D

Yeah, I can turn on EAX for Halo with an integrated Realtek High Definition Audio chip on my Gigabyte GA-8I945G Pro motherboard. It works rather great too.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
My halo makes echoy noises. Is that EAX? >_>;

Syuusuke
December 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Might be...

I remember having EAX on and I would hear things that happen far far away...Like people shooting in blue base while I'm at Red base...Footsteps that sound like that are next to me...but are not.

Amit
December 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM
My halo makes echoy noises. Is that EAX? >_>;

1. Enable EAX in Audio options if your chip supports it.
2. Put some headphones on.
3. Go ingame and throw a grenade and turn 90 degrees to the left.

You should hear the explosion in mostly your right ear.