PDA

View Full Version : "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

Pages : 1 [2]

SnaFuBAR
December 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
so an untextured bsp missing the main temple in a UI would make you guys happy? :confused:

CodeBrain
December 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Not really, no.

I would like to point out that Arteen has his delta map, which had a temple structure in it.

I wouldn't have any other suggestions, but try to contact him for that piece.

Of course, if its ok with him, and if you would want to use it.

supersniper
December 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Well since you put it that way... I guess I can wait.

StankBacon
December 22nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
slackers.

SnaFuBAR
December 22nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Not really, no.

I would like to point out that Arteen has his delta map, which had a temple structure in it.

I wouldn't have any other suggestions, but try to contact him for that piece.

Of course, if its ok with him, and if you would want to use it.
delta ruins you mean? that's nowhere near the same thing.

{SYS}sarge
December 22nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
release this on christmas!!!

or at least as soon as possible

Invader Veex
December 22nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Release it if it gets done. Nothing else.

t3h m00kz
December 22nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
This project's mostly dead? Omg nooouuu.

Hope you guys get what you need, jeez D:

Hurrvish
December 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I wish that people would use common sense. But I guess it's just a fantasy. :smith:

Con
December 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Why didn't you call Dano?

:O

Seriously, he does massively awesome textures :awesome:

But I can't recall if he said no to it before....stupid memory...:/
we already have the textures, made by me, we just need a good UVer

Timo
December 23rd, 2007, 03:19 AM

If you're able to nicely UVW a the entire scene in 2 days then sure, release by christmas!!! http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-awesome.gif

But really, i'm just as gutted as you guys with this, I really want to see it released. Bug jcap :p

TPE
December 23rd, 2007, 03:34 AM
It only needs to be UVW'd?

I'm sure there is somebody that can do it out here.

1. UVW Delta Halo UI
2. Release it
3. Profit

omahgoash

DaneO'Roo
December 23rd, 2007, 04:06 AM
Wait, you just need to uv map it?

Slack.

Tweek
December 23rd, 2007, 06:00 AM
only UVs, man i could have that done in a day.

PenGuin1362
December 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM
last build i remember was death island with the completed ui textures >_>.

hell if you guys can get someone to uv it, go for it. the death island one was pretty cool lookin.

Love De Lux
December 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
This one ? (http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/videos/ui_fade.wmv) :haw:

Timo
December 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
last build i remember was death island with the completed ui textures >_>.

It just had some new shaders Boba created.

only UVs, man i could have that done in a day. That an offer ;o?

supersniper
December 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
Yes it is! Tweek please UV it. Everyone will basically love you if you do.

Sunray
December 23rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
But everyone already loves Tweek http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-downs.gif.

Nice to see people remembered it. Has anyone actually asked Jcap if UVWing is all that it needs, as I assume he hasn't swung by this thread to confirm? There might be final tweaks that need to go on before public release. Also, are there any plans at all for a Halo PC release (instead of CE), as I know CAD did a conversion of some aspects, or will it be specific to CE?

Timo
December 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Probably specific to CE, as the current (public) CE->PC converter doesn't convert a few bitmaps, like the cursor and arrows for instance. The only things that need to be done is to get a BSP UVW'd, and get a camera track set up (and other placement of scenery if necessary). The UI itself is completed, although I guess I better have a run through it to make sure everything is fine.

FRain
December 23rd, 2007, 03:25 PM

or at least as soon as possible

Negatory.

Release when its 100% finished and is quality work, remember kiddies, quality>quantity.

Con
December 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Negatory.

Release when its 100% finished and is quality work, remember kiddies, quality>quantity.
better than not releasing anything at all :downs:

FRain
December 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I thought the project wasnt completely dead. :saddowns:

Kalub
December 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
I thought you died. :smith:

FRain
December 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I wish I did :smith:

supersniper
December 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Ha well maybe the project can shoot for a goal of being released before 2008 or is that to quick??

Tweek
December 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
well i might have a poke at this after the holidays, for when i get bored.
dont expect me to do anything anytime soon, im busy enough as it is.

Jay2645
December 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Probably specific to CE, as the current (public) CE->PC converter doesn't convert a few bitmaps, like the cursor and arrows for instance. The only things that need to be done is to get a BSP UVW'd, and get a camera track set up (and other placement of scenery if necessary). The UI itself is completed, although I guess I better have a run through it to make sure everything is fine.
Camera tracks really aren't that difficult, I can probably set one up and write up the script pretty quickly, I've done it before (Though it was leaked before I could finish the model). (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3298)

Speaking of models, I should start on that Death Star model again...

Timo
December 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
I realize that it's pretty easy to setup (I've made several horrible ones myself, check halomaps), it's just getting it looking nice; having the points spaced evenly so you don't get different rates of speed all the time. Slowing down in certain points of interest as well.

Corndogman
December 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Sexy. Great work. Default UI is so ugly, I like this so much better.

SnaFuBAR
December 23rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
well tell jcap you guys want someone to uv my bsp :|

Syuusuke
December 23rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
He probably knows already.

Corndogman
December 23rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
jcap, i was wondering what the song that the beginning of plays is called in the UI fade video on the first page. i know the song but i havent heard it in a while. its killing my brain right now.

Disaster
December 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM
lol i cant think of it either

DaneO'Roo
December 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'll pickup from where tweek leaves off, when he starts it that is. When he gets bored of uvmapping it I'll do it.

AAA
December 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Just the fact that Tweek won't have time to work on it until after christmas break and that even after that, he'll work on it a little bit at a time. Personally, I want you to do it. =\

n00b1n8R
December 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
if it will be done faster, just give it to dano.

Jay2645
December 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
^ Agreed.

FRain
December 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
IAWTP.

Kornman00
December 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
wtf, this thread is still alive?

wtf, this project is still alive?

wtf, ppl still play ce?

wtf?

supersniper
December 25th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Shocking isn't it! Nah but seriously this project has been going on for too long just finish it up and end it. Trust me everyone will feel good when its done. :D

Hurrvish
December 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Geez, I'm as excited about this UI as the next guy, but I don't think it's necessary to keep pushing them. I'm sure they can work at their own pace and churn out a final product that will blow all our minds.

Bluefire
December 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM
so... this is a year old project..?

FRain
December 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
fapping tiem nao

I hope this project gets finished soon.

Timo
December 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
It's actually more like a year and a half now :|

FRain
December 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I remember when this project was first announced. People were like nao wai and lika zmg orgzsm and now its at a standstill.

:(

nooBBooze
December 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
also, yoyorast island 2 D:

Jay2645
December 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
also, yoyorast island 2 D:
What happened to Yoyorast? I was in contact with him at the end of September (ATV was nearing completion), then Halo 3 came out and he disappeared.

supersniper
December 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Lol busy with Halo 3 I bet :D!

yoyorast
December 25th, 2007, 07:13 PM
What happened to Yoyorast? I was in contact with him at the end of September (ATV was nearing completion), then Halo 3 came out and he disappeared.

Jay, Jay, Jay... I'm still around and never disappeared and you'd see it if you'd come to AIM only once, Im there daily speaking with guys of my team to make V2 go forward.. It's more like you disapeared afrer I gave you some modifs to do on the ATV.. from that moment, I never heard from you anymore.. it's better like that anyway..

Jay2645
December 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Jay, Jay, Jay... I'm still around and never disappeared and you'd see it if you'd come to AIM only once, Im there daily speaking with guys of my team to make V2 go forward.. It's more like you disapeared afrer I gave you some modifs to do on the ATV.. from that moment, I never heard from you anymore.. it's better like that anyway..
Oh, well, hello there, Yoyorast.

it's better like that anyway..
Ow... That hurt.

If I was on my computer, I'd be able to get on AIM and send you the ATV, but I won't be on until later tonight when I can get back from spending Christmas with my relatives.

EDIT: Sent you a PM, let's try to stay in contact this time, lol.

Sel
December 25th, 2007, 07:19 PM

If you dissapeared, we wouldnt luv you anymore :(

Cant wait for v2 :D

yoyorast
December 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Oh, well, hello there, Yoyorast.

Ow... That hurt.

If I was on my computer, I'd be able to get on AIM and send you the ATV, but I won't be on until later tonight when I can get back from spending Christmas with my relatives.

EDIT: Sent you a PM, let's try to stay in contact this time, lol.

Sorry man, didn't want to be rude but hearing you've disapeared from someone who disapeared when you were counting on him can make someone like a bit afraid..

Disaster
December 25th, 2007, 07:40 PM
lol..yoyorast has got a point

Terror(NO)More
December 25th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Why does it matter how long something takes to make? I mean seriously If its gonna kick some serious ass Its worth the wait...

Higuy
December 25th, 2007, 08:34 PM
omfg THIS IS AUESOME!

Bluefire
December 25th, 2007, 09:03 PM
huh for some reason I thought the topic name changed one or twice

anyways to be more on topic will this be donw before or after 2008? (just guess or something)
and why is this topic...called that?

lol half a second isn't there a saying or something about how it's the little things that matter?

Timo
December 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM
The topic changed because some of the other mods thought it'd be funny to change the name of the thread http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif. The project has been defibrillator'd into life several times before but then it soon dies off and progress puts on its brakes. So like all the responses to the same question in this thread, we don't know.

And Bluefire, it'd be good for you to start posting here with some proper grammar or you're not going to get along with the staff here very well ;-)

Bluefire
December 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
yeah.. what part of what I said was improper grammar?

what's the thing called when you make a spelling mistake by typing too fast?

after awhile of thinking and looking at the screen I just got confused does it make a difference if english is my 2nd language?

p0lar_bear
December 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM
what's the thing called when you make a spelling mistake by typing too fast?

It's called a "slow down and take your time; these forums aren't going anywhere."

Bluefire
December 25th, 2007, 11:21 PM
it's just sort of a habit and most of the time I look at other people's post after I post so I might not catch the mistakes

Corndogman
December 25th, 2007, 11:34 PM
yea just take a second before you press the post button and look at what you wrote. use a spell check too. maybe get firefox it has one built in. eventually you'll get the hang of typing properly. "its just a habit."

supersniper
December 25th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Or just get firefox :D! Also has the problem of UVing been solved yet or no??

Umt~Wolf
December 26th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Sorry man, didn't want to be rude but hearing you've disapeared from someone who disapeared when you were counting on him can make someone like a bit afraid..You shouldnt have chosen him to trust...Also isnt Madworkz back now?

Masterz1337
December 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Madworkz has had the vestige bsp for over a year now too. :X

Jay2645
December 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
You shouldnt have chosen him to trust...Also isnt Madworkz back now?
Hey, I tried my best.

Actually, after reviewing the latest work orders, it shouldn't be that hard...

*Gets to work*

yoyorast
December 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM
You shouldnt have chosen him to trust...Also isnt Madworkz back now?

Let me tell you something, Frankly, even if Madworkz came back again today and would send me his ATV I wouldn't put it in V2... he can keep it and play with it in his own map.. I don't care anymore.. and don't want to hear about this guy anymore.. I have some self..(dont know how to say but like) respect or proudness.. I asked him kindly, I beg him, TONS of times by email, PM, forum posts, AIM (through D4NO) AIM (directly) TONS of times... he NEVER answered, Always ingnored (to my EVERYDAY request).. except 2 or 3 times he said : "ye I'm sending it to ya" and then nothing.. And he dares to say he sent me something by email on this forum?! This guy is talented but a pure lyer (at least with me) don't know why but.. I couldn't keep this for me anymore, I feel better.

Timo
December 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Ok so lets get back on topic now D:

t3h m00kz
December 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM
agreed DELTA UI FTW

supersniper
December 26th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Has the UVing problem been solved yet?? Has anyone stepped up to do it?

Hurrvish
December 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Geez, I'm as excited about this UI as the next guy, but I don't think it's necessary to keep pushing them. I'm sure they can work at their own pace and churn out a final product that will blow all our minds.
No need to rush things now. :)

SnaFuBAR
December 26th, 2007, 09:09 PM
i'll be sending my bsp model to dano for UV's

Con
December 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
woop woop, you send him the textures too, or do I need to do that?

Bluefire
December 26th, 2007, 10:10 PM
No need to rush things now. :)

judging by what I see in this whole thread they weren't exactly in a hurry

SnaFuBAR
December 26th, 2007, 11:33 PM
woop woop, you send him the textures too, or do I need to do that?
that's all you, mister, you never sent me any textures :gonk:

t3h m00kz
December 27th, 2007, 12:16 AM
What's this? Making progress I hear? ;)

I'M ROOTIN FOR YA

supersniper
December 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah!!

Gamerkd16
December 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM

wtf, ppl still play ce?

wtf?
I agree. I think you waited too long with this project. Halo 3 has been released and most people are now playing that. I know it's been months since I've played Halo CE. It might be too late. CE is dying. :(

But hey, I would still love to see this completed. :D

Rosco
December 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I agree. I think you waited too long with this project. Halo 3 has been released and most people are now playing that. I know it's been months since I've played Halo CE. It might be too late. CE is dying. :(

But hey, I would still love to see this completed. :D

No.

Jelly
December 28th, 2007, 05:18 AM
CE is dying. :(
You wish.

DaneO'Roo
December 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Dw, HaloCE's about to get a serious kickstart. Map I'm working on will be released soon, along with Yoyorast Island V2, this Ui and the CMT mod.

Syuusuke
December 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM
What CMT mod...?

Also CE isn't dying, just the integrity.

Rob Oplawar
December 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CE is far from dead. Right now things are, if anything, in a temporary lull, due to the holiday season, Forge, and other things. I hope to rejuvenate it somewhat with BCE ;)

t3h m00kz
December 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
CE is far from dead. Right now things are, if anything, in a temporary lull, due to the holiday season, Forge, and other things. I hope to rejuvenate it somewhat with BCE ;)

Guerilla >>>> Forge imo

Sever
December 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Except for the fact that you cannot use Guerilla on other peoples' protected maps...

jcap
December 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM
You seem to be forgetting that people have to intentionally jump through a hoop to protect their own map so that it cannot be edited by others.

Amit
December 28th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Why does it matter how long something takes to make? I mean seriously If its gonna kick some serious ass Its worth the wait...

Yes we should wait but let's say it took 5 years with only a third of the progress that should have been made? You still gonna stick with that?

Hotrod
December 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
What CMT mod...?

CMT SPv2, what other mod is CMT making?

supersniper
December 28th, 2007, 02:13 PM
MPv3 when SPv2 is done. Then I don't know what they are planning to do.

Hotrod
December 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
MPv3 when SPv2 is done. Then I don't know what they are planning to do.

I know, I was pointing out that it was obvious that the mod CMT is working on is SPv2. Maybe I should have said "Spv2, what else?".

Gamerkd16
December 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Dw, HaloCE's about to get a serious kickstart. Map I'm working on will be released soon, along with Yoyorast Island V2, this Ui and the CMT mod.
Well, this is putting me in a good mood then.

I just played CE last night for the first time in months. It was awesome.

Jay2645
December 28th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Well, this is putting me in a good mood then.

I just played CE last night for the first time in months. It was awesome.
I've been playing SOME CE, but not too much. Compared to Halo 3, there's a lot of lag.

But I check at Halomaps and, hey, Modern Combat has been released. Maybe it's time to dig up that disc...

DrunkenSamus
December 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I've been playing SOME CE, but not too much. Compared to Halo 3, there's a lot of lag.

But I check at Halomaps and, hey, Modern Combat has been released. Maybe it's time to dig up that disc...

This is probably the best time to have CE installed. Or Halo for that matter...

Roostervier
December 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
MPv3 when SPv2 is done. Then I don't know what they are planning to do.I'm pretty sure we aren't making MPv3.

Also, Dano has a lot of projects. :X (Not that him doing this is a bad thing, we can rest assured that it will turn out great).

DrunkenSamus
December 30th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I wonder how much has changed since the CMT section was taken down.

supersniper
December 30th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Not that much really. They have a update topic at halomaps.org. They posted what their new elites look like.

-On Topic-
Has this project gone anywhere yet? Because to me this project could end in like 2 days if they put it at number one priority.

DrunkenSamus
December 30th, 2007, 01:10 AM
How intriguing...

teh lag
December 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Not that much really. They have a update topic at halomaps.org. They posted what their new elites look like.

They were also here :S

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=203492&postcount=2967
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=203115&postcount=2940

Jay2645
December 30th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I still think their feet look like Lego blocks...

DrunkenSamus
December 30th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I still think their feet look like Lego blocks...

I don't pay that much attention to the feet. The torso and the head look smexy as always.

nooBBooze
December 31st, 2007, 08:36 AM
I <3 Cell Shade :3

DrunkenSamus
December 31st, 2007, 03:46 PM
I just hope it'll be released after finals or else I will fail miserably.

n00b1n8R
December 31st, 2007, 05:48 PM
You'll fail because of a UI?

supersniper
December 31st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Ha now that is just plain stupid. You fail 'cause you don't study :P!

[BD] Spartan
December 31st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Ha now that is just plain stupid. You fail 'cause you don't study :P!
lol

Syuusuke
December 31st, 2007, 08:31 PM
Well he did say he wants it to be released after the finals...so he could be not studying and anticipating on a release before the finals...

what the hell

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...
but by the number of breaths left"

hunterX
January 1st, 2008, 12:23 AM
I like that sentence

DrunkenSamus
January 1st, 2008, 03:36 AM
You'll fail because of a UI?

SPV2, the UI, Dano's map, yadda yadda.

n00b1n8R
January 1st, 2008, 06:59 AM
I doubt SPV2 will be coming out any time soon (atleast not before your finals), the UI is just a UI, not a level, and dano's map (if it's iris) is very pretty, but not amazing, gameplay wise (atleast from what I've seen of it).

nooBBooze
January 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
So zTeam doesnt count anymore? :U

Kornman00
January 1st, 2008, 03:59 PM

wtf, ppl still play ce?

wtf?
wtf

e: wtf, this is spam? think again n00b1n8r.

t3h m00kz
January 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
What the FUCK, Meeyan?

DrunkenSamus
January 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
What the FUCK, Meeyan?

Wait...come again?:confused:

jcap
January 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Locked until someone has something to contribute to it again.

Kornman00
January 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
thank god :-3