PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Windows!!!!!!!!!!!

Chizzle110
January 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
I just installed new ram chips. I replaced the old ones i had but then....something went wrong. Everytime i start windows it logs on ok but then everything changed. My folders, Profile settings, and everything was gone. I installed the ram correctly. but now everytime i log in i get a popup error saying that My windows profile failed to load correctly. Someone help?

p0lar_bear
January 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Did you put the old ones back in to see if the RAM is the problem?

Bodzilla
January 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
you need to reformat your computer.

generally you gotta do this when you install any new Hard-drive components that affect your computers performance.

Chizzle110
January 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
one thing, when you reformat a pc can you still install windows even when there is no file?

p0lar_bear
January 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
you need to reformat your computer.

generally you gotta do this when you install any new Hard-drive components that affect your computers performance.

Bod, he said he installed new RAM and this problem occurred. Nowhere does it mention him having a new hard drive.

My question still stands: Did you already put your old chips back in? If you did, what happened?

Bodzilla
January 23rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
:S

well people where amazed why i upgraded my Puter and windows wasnt crashing :raise:
thought it was requirement since then to Reformat after Hardware upgrades :S

My bad.

beele
January 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I switched ram all the time when I still had my desktop, never had any problems with it.

Try what polar said, if it doesn't help something else is wrong.

Are you sure you didn't cut the power when it was shutting down, my brother did this and got the problem you are getting. (you can fix this with going in to safe mode, and delete the old account, and make a new one)

Chizzle110
January 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I switched ram all the time when I still had my desktop, never had any problems with it.

Try what polar said, if it doesn't help something else is wrong.

Are you sure you didn't cut the power when it was shutting down, my brother did this and got the problem you are getting. (you can fix this with going in to safe mode, and delete the old account, and make a new one)

Dude you just fixed my PC. I found out my Old Account was Corrupted. Now i made a New one and everything worked. (except i lost my personal folders and downloads files.) I did all of this on Normal mode.

4RT1LL3RY
January 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Even if your old account is corrupter you can get to them, you just need to go through documents and settings to those files. I was going to say make sure the memory is the right voltage in BIOS.

Congrats on gettign it working again though.

Chizzle110
January 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
The next problem is that when i play Halo 2 Vista, none of the ram support it. I can even play halo PC with halo 2 vista run. Wait I mean WTF i can't play halo 2 vista at full capacity.

Kalub
January 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Dude you just fixed my PC. I found out my Old Account was Corrupted. Now i made a New one and everything worked. (except i lost my personal folders and downloads files.) I did all of this on Normal mode.

Oh, god. You didn't "fix" it at all!

You just degraded the installation of Windows even further. Everytime you create an account, windows creates a whole crap-ton of files/folder and wastes space not only on the Harddrive, but in the registry. Even if you "delete" the account everything is still there, its just hidden and locked.

My question is: Why didn't you just do what Polar said to do and put back in your old RAM?

And, for your latest problem, I don't understand it. You mean to tell me your trying to play HaloPC and Halo2V at the same time, but can't? Explain.

Chizzle110
January 30th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Oh, god. You didn't "fix" it at all!

You just degraded the installation of Windows even further. Everytime you create an account, windows creates a whole crap-ton of files/folder and wastes space not only on the Harddrive, but in the registry. Even if you "delete" the account everything is still there, its just hidden and locked.

My question is: Why didn't you just do what Polar said to do and put back in your old RAM?

And, for your latest problem, I don't understand it. You mean to tell me your trying to play HaloPC and Halo2V at the same time, but can't? Explain.

Sorry when i mean't Play Halo 2 and Halo pc at the same time was a example of that i could do stuff like go web browsing and stuff while running it. its just weird. Halo 2 vista is slow while everything is isn't running slow.

Kalub
January 30th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Your on Vista right?

Anyways, it could be many things that cause Halo 2 to run slow. For example if you have a lot of applications/services running those could be hindering your rig, or it could just be because your graphics card is running out of ram trying to render not only the game but the other applications your attempting to run as well.

Lots of variables that could determine your problem.

Roostervier
January 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
It could be the fact that your graphics chipest is an ATI Xpress Series? If you want to play the game decently, you need to buy a higher end 8 or 7 series nVidia card. You can't really expect to play anything on a chipset.

Phopojijo
January 31st, 2008, 06:08 PM
:S

well people where amazed why i upgraded my Puter and windows wasnt crashing :raise:
thought it was requirement since then to Reformat after Hardware upgrades :S

My bad.It is a requirement... motherboards especially.

But RAM/Extra harddrives are fine. Sometimes videocards are fine... but I find they are unstable until you format.

Processors typically are fine too... except the chances of changing one of those WITHOUT changing your motherboard is slim.

The motherboard basically is the biggest headache.

... as for the user account thing... yea -- I'd be seriously cynical about the extra space requirements of adding a second profile. It's -- not really bad.

beele
February 1st, 2008, 12:48 AM
I know that on my xp-pro cd there's a tool to reseal your xp, so you keep all your data and programs, and you can just change the hardware. When you replace the hardware and you have resealed your xp, it will execute a small setup durig boot and rewrite the hal layer. (sysprep is its name I think).