PDA

View Full Version : Valhalla

sdavis117
January 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I am making Valhalla for Halo CE. Now obviuosly this has been tried in the past, and no one has really succeeded yet. I will not do it like they are trying to. I am going to use existing tags for weapons and vehicles. I'm just right now here asking for permission for some that work.
Something is wrong with my pc, so I will edit in the list later.

Tweek
January 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
i disagree with this thread.

il Duce Primo
January 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I will not do it like they are trying to.
Wrong.

sdavis117
January 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
i disagree with this thread.

What does that mean? If it means there is a good Valhalla map out there, please tell me.
@ Duce: Thats out of context. And you didn't really need to do that.

CrAsHOvErRide
January 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Where do these people come from? It seems like H2V is a place where born failures exit to when their social environment make them look like fail in the first place. Like if that is going to change here.

OSHI

SuperSunny
January 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Where do these people come from? It seems like H2V is a place where born failures exit to when their social environment make them look like fail in the first place. Like if that is going to change here.

OSHI

I agree. They cannot spell. They cannot think, embarking on large projects without actually having any examples of prior work. I guess Halo attracts the kids that want to take on big tasks. Ironically speaking.

sdavis117
January 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM
If you want work then let me get together some of my maps that I haven't released (due to the fact I didn't have permission for some of the tags in them and like said on this forum before, don't release your first maps). May take a little while, for a I will have to get out my old PC and transfer the files.

Kalub
January 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Give up now. Better yet, go search for a member named conscars, he is making one.

paintballakid5
January 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Give up now. Better yet, go search for a member named conscars, he is making one.

I second that motion.;)

Chronos
January 28th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hmm.. custom member title and posts about memory management? :eyesroll:
Could be wrong but.. Hmm..

SnaFuBAR
January 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
bad idea.

thehoodedsmack
January 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Hmm.. custom member title. :eyesroll:

Hmm.. Useless post. :eyesroll:

Like the others have been saying, it may just be best to wait for Con's release.

ImSpartacus
January 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Conscars has some experience, and a name for himself. Just be patient for his release. It'll eventually happen.

supersniper
January 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Ok guys I have made a topic on all the Halo 3 custom stuff currently being made for Halo CE at halomaps.org. Here is the link to it. If you want info on everything just visit that. Also So many people are making valhalla. Try making guardian, no one has bothered with that one and it is a really fun map.

Link:http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=13456&start=14

sdavis117
January 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Ok, fine, no Valhalla. I can't find any top down maps with weapons placements, spawn points, vehicle locations, and power-ups on it, and I don't want to make my own.

If anyone has any top down maps like what I'm looking for for any other Halo 3 maps I would appreciate it.

SuperSunny
January 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Ok, fine, no Valhalla. I can't find any top down maps with weapons placements, spawn points, vehicle locations, and power-ups on it, and I don't want to make my own.

If anyone has any top down maps like what I'm looking for for any other Halo 3 maps I would appreciate it.

If you don't want to make your own, you will never develop the mapping skill required for a job of creating a map from another game properly. Learn the elements properly first. No one is going to give you a map name to go create, because no one expects anything out of you. You aren't established, yet. That's the harsh reality.

Many, MANY people always post about projects they are going to embark upon. Except it's usually exactly what someone else is doing, or it's a port of Halo 3/Halo 2 (which is exactly what everyone else is doing). I suggest you make a few brilliant maps of your own first, then embark on a project or a port. You will be better known, your skills will shine, and you'll have keen skill to properly take on the project.

BobtheGreatII
January 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
You clearly haven't looked very hard... http://www.haloforever.com/images/maps/halo_3_maps_valhalla_big.jpg
But as everyone else has said, it's a bit of a big step to take. And also like everyone else is saying... it's being done.

PenGuin1362
January 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM
No need to give up. but don't make empty promises. this means don't make a post saying "GUIS I AM MAKING AWESOME MAP!" we don't give a flying fuck. only when you have actually progress will we care, and that's only if it's good. if it's not then we'll yell at you to start over.

DrunkenSamus
January 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
There is still hope but don't drift into the shitty side of the bedroom A.K.A. the closet of shit.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
No need to give up. but don't make empty promises. this means don't make a post saying "GUIS I AM MAKING AWESOME MAP!" we don't give a flying fuck. only when you have actually progress will we care, and that's only if it's good. if it's not then we'll yell at you to start over.
QFT.

And I know from experience.

Geo
January 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Post some pics if you want any good comments.

Ki11a_FTW
January 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah these forums are different from the halomods forums and halomaps forums. People will not hold back on you to what they have to say, you could get yelled at, or you could get good comments. Either way, you should not post a useless thread saying that your going to do something and you have no pics or progress what so ever.

Kalub
January 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'll yell on which ever forums if I damn well feel like yelling, thank you very much.

On a side note ---- I tell it like it is.

Ki11a_FTW
January 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I never thought the experienced members went to either of those 2 sites anymore :-/ ah well

either way the communities are still different.

Sever
January 28th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I browse halomaps.org's forum for about 3 minutes every week to reassure myself that this is the right forum for me. Our idiots are their regulars, and our regulars are their gods. That place is fucking scary - way too much idiocy being thrown about.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I browse halomaps.org's forum for about 3 minutes every week to reassure myself that this is the right forum for me. Our idiots are their regulars, and our regulars are their gods. That place is fucking scary - way too much idiocy being thrown about.
You calling Kenney an idiot?

Now me, sure, I'm an idiot (There's a new quote for Masterz's sig), but I don't go there as often as I used to.

Sever
January 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
No, I'm obviously calling kenny a regular of H2v.net and a god on halomaps.org. You, however, I'm still a bit unsure about.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm unsure about me too.

But Kenney visits often at Halomaps, he's a regular there as well as here.

Btd69
January 28th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Good thread, would read again.

Con
January 29th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I only made a base, then I decided I'd rather use the base in my own original map rather than remaking an h3 map.

Sever
January 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Which is why Conscars kicks ass.

sdavis117
January 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I saw a Valhalla map today on youtube and it looks good. Not perfect though (ugly bubble shield, SMG FPV all wrong, color not right for rocket launcher, I can go on).