PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] So I finally got it!

MLG KiDD
February 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
Woot level 50 LOL. Im getting close to MLG. Not there yet. Whats your highest level?

JDMFSeanP
February 22nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'm a 50.

General.

This game sucks.

Kornman00
February 22nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Fuck MLG.

Darqeness
February 22nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
(starts slow clap)

MLG KiDD
February 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Yea, ok. But lets say, Corn or Masterz got a 50. Everyone would be happy for them. EVERYONE HERE IS A FUCK UP!

Limited
February 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
What exactly is MLG? Also, is 50 hard to get?

PlasbianX
February 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Yea, ok. But lets say, Corn or Masterz got a 50. Everyone would be happy for them. EVERYONE HERE IS A FUCK UP!

Korn*

And meh at halo.

Syuusuke
February 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Highest I've gotten...Level 0.

Let's keep it that way.

flibitijibibo
February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Level 21, and only because my brother got me there. Until there's a PC port, I won't be playing Halo 3 unless there's a LAN.

Warsaw
February 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Level 0.

Don't have XBOX Live! and I don't play Halo 2/3 that often.

JDMFSeanP
February 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM

Neither Korn or Masterz would make a topic like this, or about how they are trying to be 'mlg'

Elite Killa
February 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
I honestly don't care about leveling up and crap like that, but my highest is 40 on Lone Wolves. I work better alone.

Kornman00
February 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
My current goal is only level 30. I'd rather spend my time writing software than sitting my arse in my chair breaking a-many controllers trying to get level 50 lol.

But yeah, fuck MLG.

Terry
February 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm like level 10. If only I was good at using controllers :(

jngrow
February 22nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Level 50 isn't that hard, especially if you start right away and only play ranked (the tru skill system levels ya up faster if you are a new player). You probably aren't that close to MLG. The only reason I like/think about MLG is those guys sniping and BR skills, kinda cool.

TeeKup
February 22nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Woot level 50 LOL.

Congratulations, Cause we all know Halo is the hardest game to level up on.

Masterz1337
February 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
My goal was 35, and I'm a 41. I don't like playing with generals anyway, they all take the game to serious.

Warsaw
February 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
My goal was 35, and I'm a 41. I don't like playing with generals anyway, they all take the game to serious.

And that is why I prefer the first game over the other two...it was lighter.

JDMFSeanP
February 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
By the way, did you register JUST to post this?

CrAsHOvErRide
February 23rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
What exactly is MLG?

App-Stealerz and not-credit-givers :)

thehoodedsmack
February 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
^ I think it's actually an abbreviation for "Major League Gaming", one of, if not the largest organized Halo tournaments ever conceived. They have tv broadcasts and such, I think they're fun to watch.

Snaver
February 23rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Congrats, why so much hate for halo3? :) My highest level is in my sig, 43 currently in TS

chicane
February 24th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I don't see why everyone is so competitive about it. Its just a number on the side of the screen, and frankly I think its more fun to play social.

thehoodedsmack
February 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I don't see why everyone is so competitive about it. Its just a number on the side of the screen, and frankly I think its more fun to play social.

The boy has come here to brag. He thinks we care that he has met one of the qualifications to be in the Major League Gaming tournaments. Eventually, he'll wake up to the realization that:

a) The likelihood of him getting on a team is slim, because there are thousands who also want to go "pro"
b) Devoting your time to a "profession" where the top prize, something that others want to win just as much, is -if I recall from watching the Las Vegas finals- something like $100,000. Split that between four guys, you'll still have to get a real job. Pardon me if the money value is wrong, I couldn't find it on their website.
c) Nobody cares if you're in the MLG, not even your friends. Your friends will either be jealous, and pretend not to care, or never have heard of MLG, and genuinely not care.

I use the term "profession" in quotations because at this point, video games are not a what you could call a job. There's no security in it, eventually someone will come along and be better than your team, and after Halo 3 has had its run for 3 or 4 years, you'll be onto a new game. The whole system is a constantly changing work environment, where the only real winners are the organizers raking in all the sponsorship money.

Disaster
February 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Meh. I could get 50 if I wanted to. I never play halo 3 much anymore. It got boring really fast when promotions started to need like 300 exp for the next rank. My highest rank is 41 and im a major second grade.

Zeph
February 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
The requirements for playing in MLG is having a level 50? That's stupid if it is. If it's not, then why are you saying you're close to MLG at a level 50? I mean, it's just a system that keeps track of who you are most likely to play with. It has little to do with your skill.

supersniper
February 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Exp has to do with your skill.

klange
February 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I'd be at 50 if I had played in the past two months, but nope. Don't care enough.

Exp has to do with your skill.

Experience points have nothing do with your skill. They're the number of games you've played and didn't get your ass kicked in. Third place is enough in FFA, winning team in two-team games, and top two teams in multi-team. Not quite a measure of skill, just a measure of your lack of failure.

supersniper
February 24th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Not necessarily. If you do bad you can lose exp. Exp is based more off how good you do within the game based on your kill/death ratio and other factors. NOT on how many games you played and didn't do bad. So yes exp is based of skill. That was the whole reason Bungie even put in exp.

CtrlAltDestroy
February 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
"Skill" is not a quantitative* property, therefore you are wrong.

*measurable

thehoodedsmack
February 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Not necessarily. If you do bad you can lose exp. Exp is based more off how good you do within the game based on your kill/death ratio and other factors. NOT on how many games you played and didn't do bad. So yes exp is based of skill. That was the whole reason Bungie even put in exp.

WRONG.

EXP is a measure of game wins/losses.

+1 for Winning (top 1/2 in FFA, MT)
+0 for losing
-1 for quiting during the game.

You're thinking of Skill rankings. Learn the tems, or you'll begin to sound misinformed.

chicane
February 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I have 21 in lone wolves as my highest. Whenever I join a game where people actually care enough to look at other people's skills they sort of count me out. That doesn't really stop me from killing them though, now does it? If you use the skills/ranks system to gauge your enemy's capabilities you're trusting an ineffective system.

Kornman00
February 25th, 2008, 01:00 AM
The ranking system in games is like communism, it sounds like a good idea with the right conditions, but thanks to the whole human race, it will never work out.

bbl, boosting :woop:

Timo
February 25th, 2008, 01:09 AM
I'm level 33 in Team Slayer. Don't really care to be honest, the system is pretty weird. I go down 2 if 3 of my team mates quit so it's 1v4, and I go up 3 even though i'm a much higher rank than the people i'm playing. Go figure.

Classicthunder
February 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I've got 3 47s but I prefer MLG. I find playing too much matchmaking messes up my MLG games.

Zeph
February 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM
"Skill" is not a quantitative* property, therefore you are wrong.

*measurable

Especially when it's relative. I dont see how you can brag about rank in H3, seeing how it only judges you against those you've played and not against everyone registered to the network.

Now stuff like the Battlefield ranks, that is something you can measure because you have an absolute base to judge against (top ranked and lowest ranked player). Sure the attribute values change quite often, but it still works.

Heathen
February 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Ranks are for the people that play Halo CE to Roleplay and LOVE to show how good they are.....the worst players.

Im a 21...

MLG is just a club for those "worst players"....sort of like a zoo for those people that take the game way too seriously..

paintballakid5
February 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
i'm a level 41 and MLG does suck nuts... sorry, it's the truth...:)

p0lar_bear
February 28th, 2008, 02:38 AM
According to a few (older) topics and a bunch of people on bungie.net, MLG isn't what most people see it as.

Apparently, MLG is all about consistency. Halo 2 and Halo 3 games are riddled with randomness, with random player matchups, randomly picked maps and gametypes, and how similar encounters can have wildly different outcomes due to network problems and such. People who are truly MLG usually practice on LAN to minimize lag, and they use MLG gametypes because they feel that they promote consistency. With this consistency in place, it all boils down to who is more skilled of a player than the other, and not without the factors of who has host, who's on ADSL, who's got a cheapshot weapon this time, etc.

People like KiDD here are a prime example of what MLG isn't. According to a number of people, MLG gamers are some of the nicest and most professional around. Most of the players on matchmaking who claim to be MLG are just people who cling to it because they think that doing everything the MLG way is the right way, and that because they live by this rule set, that they are automatically better than anyone else.

But at any rate, that's just what I've heard, and I believe it to a degree since it makes sense to me. I still have a general dislike of MLG, though, and mostly because of how they approve of exploiting glitches in Halo 2 to gain an edge. Because of that, you get all of those fast-fingered elitist pricks or dorks with macro controllers who think that MLG IZ T3H PWN running around with full-auto battle rifles. :/

Lateksi
February 28th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'd now say something like Pfft, ranking system lulz...

Though I've played Battlefields and used to that but still, rankings err.. who mature enough cares? Or it's just that I'm immature. I'm not even going to blam MLG.

Kornman00
February 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
According to a number of people, MLG gamers are some of the nicest and most professional around.
Those are just people they pay off to try and clear their worthless pathetic name. You're a peg-legged pirate, and they're nothing but bloodhounds on a mission to dry hump your good leg raw. Arrr

MLG KiDD
February 29th, 2008, 12:44 AM
eat shit BKS!

R O F L T I M E

Jay2645
February 29th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I have a friend who's in MLG, he dragged me into one of their FFA tournaments once. First time I played them in H3 (Played them all the time in H2, I only won occasionally because I used their own glitches against them)
On an MLG map, with MLG rules, I got pwned. Badly.

As in I had 3 points, and the rest of the MLG guys had an upwards of 22.

MLG KiDD
February 29th, 2008, 12:59 AM
jay we know you suck

Con
February 29th, 2008, 01:11 AM
meh, MLG, who gives a shit. I hope the fanboys last half as long as the league does.

MLG KiDD
February 29th, 2008, 01:14 AM
how dare you.

p0lar_bear
February 29th, 2008, 01:50 AM
This topic is worthless, and so is the OP.

Nobody gives a shit about how "pro" you are, go shit up the MLG boards with your bragging and trash talk. Also, enjoy your like, 8th permaban. Stop making alts.