PDA

View Full Version : HEK+ errors

Echo Ranger 449
March 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
A while ago you may have heard I was working on the script for b30. Well, I saved the script and lost the scenario for it. All I have left is a later version of the scenario, which crashes if I compile the earlier script with it.

I decided to start from scratch and copy the parts in the script I had done- I would then try to fill in the blanks into the scenario that are required for the script.

So I start from scratch- original tags and HEK+ to extract a never-modified b30 map's tags with it's bitmaps.map and sounds.map (also never modified).

I compile it to test it out and I get this:
p54XTpxP_LI

In summary, the first (lower) pelican crashes into the water and is veered off course. the second pelican is also, but since it's higher, it gets closer to the destination.

I checked the pelican tag (which doesn't make sense since it's the original tags) and they're at the default values.

I'm thinking that I have a version of HEK+ that doesn't export the recorded animations correctly?

I got it working perfectly fine at Christmas, why is this just happening?

Update: I saw this-
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/echoranger449/whatthe.jpg

I'm beginning to think this isn't a physics problem, which makes sense.
So the scenario tag in general isn't getting converted properly.
Why was HEK+ able to do it right before? Chance?

The press-such-and-such-to-activate glitch also happened after pressing the silent cartographer as well. This has to do with the scenario file not finding the right string list. I need to look at it in sapien.

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Check your recorded animations and ensure they're playing from the proper location.

Echo Ranger 449
March 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
How would I know they're correct? What reference could I use?

I tried using a pc version of the map and opened the scenario with eschaton- there isn't an option, however, to check the starting position for the camera. So unless someone has a scenario file that compiled with the camera points being correct, I don't know how I could tell.

teh lag
March 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
How would I know they're correct? What reference could I use?

The original b30 scenario tag. Also, ensure your pelicans aren't using modified physics/speed values/etc.

Echo Ranger 449
March 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I was using the original scenario tag. It's not working now (compared to several months ago). Also, every tag is original.

I was using a different computer when it worked...but I doubt that would matter- just what programs I was using. What was the latest version of HEK around December 2007?

>From what I can see from the video, it must be the physics, however, every value I can compare to the original physics tag ( via analyzing a PC map with Eschaton and HMT) is the same.This doesn't make sense to me- I can't have a good banshee vs kestrel and pelican fight when the pelicans are submerged.

>>This may be a useless piece of information, but I thought I remember, in HEK+, being able to select all the tags using "CTRL + A" in the middle window. If this is true and SteelIXB never took out any features while updating, then the 1.0.3.0 was a less updated version than the one I used. I also read on the gearbox forum about jahrain asking if the problem with the physics tag conversion was fixed.

>>>I played the whole campaign, and besides the missing names for the objectives, there is also an unusual placement for the AI. I saw one that was supposed to be in the second room you enter (when you turn left after the unlocked security door), but was in the hallway leading into the first room you enter, turned back towards the hallway. There are also a lot of other instances. Here is the first one I saw:

When you land on the beach, the marines run towards the hill, and if still alive, run between the pillar and the cliff wall to the other side where the warthog is dropped off. Now this may be because they started on the other side because of the pelican glitch, but when the warthog lands, they run back towards the hill after killing the covenant. Probably because the covenant are retreating in the opposite direction as well. Yes the covenant at the landing zone are also...partially reversed. I'm going to use the Z-team's script file to see if it will fix it, but not everything regarding AI is in the script.

>>>>Fixed. I didn't have Halo PC installed when I extracted the tags. I just extracted the bitmaps, sounds, and b30 maps from the file cabs. There must be some other non required map that has the other data.