PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Bounding Box

Zeph
March 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
In Max, does anyone know how to rotate the bounding box? Basically how to change this into looking like it's not been extruded diagonally?

Limited
March 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Not sure, perhaps try hiding it, if you really dont need it.

Its J or O, cant remember which sorry.

Sever
March 12th, 2008, 04:55 PM
You can draw a new object (any object) such that its bounding box is oriented how you want the new bounding box to be oriented, attach the object to it (not it to the object) and then delete the new object. The new bounding box will override the old one, and the object will remain unchanged (math: x + 1 - 1 = x). Or, you can just find the command to turn it off. I know that 'O' is the command to turn all objects into their bounding boxes during view changes, so I'm guessing its 'J' as Limited said.

e: Yes, 'J' toggles the bounding box display for the active view.

LlamaMaster
March 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Go into element selection mode and rotate your model to fit the bounding box correctly. Then exit element selection mode and rotate it back physically.

odseraphim
March 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
or you know, you could just go under the hierarchy tab, click "affect pivot only", and rotate it from there.

LlamaMaster
March 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
or you know, you could just go under the hierarchy tab, click "affect pivot only", and rotate it from there.
That affects the pivot, not the bounding box. :/

Zeph
March 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I think he was going under the assumption it would pivot the object and not the bounding box. By inverse logic, it does the same thing.

Tweek
March 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM
loads of ways.

-reset Xform
-align object to world
-make a new object, attatch that fence to it, the delete the "new object" elements, and reset pivot to center.

reset Xform is really the thing made for it though