PDA

View Full Version : [H3MT] Halo 3 Elite

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I made this for my team, H3MT. I've finished the model, and have started working on the helmet textures. I r texture nub. :D HDoan is rigging it and getting it in-game.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/NewEliteRender.jpghttp://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/NewEliteHelmetRender.jpg

JDMFSeanP
March 18th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Looks pretty good IMO.

Hunter
March 18th, 2008, 03:35 AM
That looks awesome, try and make the commando helmet, because that is the best helmet.

thehoodedsmack
March 18th, 2008, 05:43 AM
The head looks kind of flat, though it could just be the angle you're showing it at. Other than that, it looks alright. The arms seem kind of thin from the shoulder to the elbow, and the torso looks like it's out of regular proportion, but keep working at it, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Since I used the Halo 2 Arby biped for the body under the armor, he'll seem a bit skinny. :P

paintballakid5
March 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM
looks, good... :)

sdavis117
March 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Looks good. Are you going to use it in SP or is it going to be in some MP map?

Ki11a_FTW
March 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
some areas are inaccurate to the halo 3 elite, but it looks ok

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Looks good. Are you going to use it in SP or is it going to be in some MP map?

Both. :)

some areas are inaccurate to the halo 3 elite, but it looks ok

It's supposed to be inaccurate in some areas. I kept the inaccuracies as a signature on the model.

Co Redsonic
March 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hey, i saw this at Halomaps, its pretty cool IMO

DaneO'Roo
March 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Looks like an ok model, but I can already tell by the way your painting the textures that it will look shit in the end. Be more accurate in your details.

teh lag
March 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
-The upper leg armor could stand to be a bit thicker

-Feet definately don't look right, might wanna revise them some.

-Lower has something jabbing out of it at the bottom 0_o

-Upper arm plating doesn't look like the Elite could move his arms very freely, and in general isn't consistent with any designs or very ornate, as opposed to most stuff dealing with Elites

-Arms are a bit too skinny imo

Also, could we see the back of it?

Sel
March 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Is it just me or are those hands huge?

thehoodedsmack
March 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
You know what they say about guys with big hands...

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Looks like an ok model, but I can already tell by the way your painting the textures that it will look shit in the end. Be more accurate in your details.

It's only the second time I've really textured anything. I'll work at it some more.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, t's also just a temporary texture until our team gets more than one actual skinner or until Maniac textures it.

-The upper leg armor could stand to be a bit thicker

-Feet definately don't look right, might wanna revise them some.

-Lower has something jabbing out of it at the bottom 0_o

-Upper arm plating doesn't look like the Elite could move his arms very freely, and in general isn't consistent with any designs or very ornate, as opposed to most stuff dealing with Elites

-Arms are a bit too skinny imo

Also, could we see the back of it?

I keep those in mind and I'll work on it some more. I'll upload a back shot later.

You know what they say about guys with big feet...

Ftfy :U

Bastinka
March 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM
The shoulders (Upper Torso) Seems to squished and skinny, if you look at the any of the Halo elites (From what I remember) they're very muscular-ish.

Sunray
March 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
You know what they say about guys with big hands...Big gloves? :downs:

Anyway, looks quite good. The elbows also seem very thin, but the body looks good. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Good luck with the texturing.

Flyboy
March 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Good. Head is a little small but good.

CSFLOYD
March 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
the only thing good on it is the armor since body is :cop:ripped :beating::fail:

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hurr, don't be a retard. I've already said that the body was ripped. :-/ I MIGHT make a new elite body, but that'll be awhile from now.

EDIT: I have a render of the back. I don't really like it, but it'll look better once I get textures on it.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/EliteBackRender.jpg

CSFLOYD
March 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
lol shoulders are really unaccurate but everything else i give 10/10

Masterz1337
March 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
That back pic reminds me of a turtle.

supersniper
March 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Well it is a Halo 3 Elite with the skeleton of the arbiter. So of course it's shoulders will be slumpy. Because the arbiter had a very skinny frame while the Halo 3 Elite was super sexy looking. He just mixed them together well kind-off. My suggestion is work a lot on the shoulders and try to make the body frame in a V shape if you get what I mean.

t3h m00kz
March 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I'd hid it.

Also the feet are a bit off. Being someone who's spent much, MUCH more time looking at Elites than could possibly be healthy for any human being, I'd know.

The feet have two toes, they don't have that third thing in the back.

And while you're texturing, if you wind up texturing the elite with no armor, the toes have sort of "toe nails" at the end, they aren't exactly "hooves."

And uhh, fun fact. The elites in Halo 3 have a fully textured head under the Combat helmet ;P You could go for that if you haven't already.

jngrow
March 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
The back needs a lot of work. It would be impossible to move your arms with those shoulders.

Lightning
March 19th, 2008, 03:50 PM
the only thing good on it is the armor since body is :cop:ripped :beating::fail:

Nobody fucking cares anymore.

Also,

lunaccurate

:V :V :V

Anyways, the model is amazing so far. Get some textures on that thing! I really don't think the shoulders would be that much of an issue, to be honest.

NuggetWarmer
March 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I'd hid it.

Also the feet are a bit off. Being someone who's spent much, MUCH more time looking at Elites than could possibly be healthy for any human being, I'd know.

The feet have two toes, they don't have that third thing in the back.

And while you're texturing, if you wind up texturing the elite with no armor, the toes have sort of "toe nails" at the end, they aren't exactly "hooves."

And uhh, fun fact. The elites in Halo 3 have a fully textured head under the Combat helmet ;P You could go for that if you haven't already.

I'll check my reference pictures again. I don't own, Halo 3, so I don't get a chance to get all the angles I need.

The back needs a lot of work. It would be impossible to move your arms with those shoulders.

Ya, I get it. Fix the shoulders. :U

Nobody fucking cares anymore.

Also,

:V :V :V

Anyways, the model is amazing so far. Get some textures on that thing! I really don't think the shoulders would be that much of an issue, to be honest.

I don't think the shoulders would be that bad except for the back. The armor on the Halo 3 elite meshes together when it moves anyway.

mcwesalot
April 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
ok the armor on his shoulders is not right at all
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x315/BTHR_Zero_X/Halo%203%20Profile%20Armour%20Pics/Elite%20Armours/01CombatRightShot.jpgthats what the shoulders are like

il Duce Primo
April 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
You know you can change what the shoulders look like in Halo 3?

mcwesalot
April 30th, 2008, 06:39 PM
yea but none of the shoulders in any of the halo games looked like what hes got

supersniper
April 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Man why is it always halo 3 elites. I personally like the Halo Wars elite the best.

Invader Veex
April 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM
yea but none of the shoulders in any of the halo games looked like what hes got

Just because it is here doesn't mean it is done.

Masterz1337
April 30th, 2008, 06:51 PM
not all are

http://www.pcgameshots.com/img/101/md/elite_wip_1.JPG

Roostervier
April 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah, legs and shit look kinda bland because they are flat colors, only some of it is actually textured, and most of the textures don't much more more than color information and minor detail. At least for ours.

Anyway, it looks like decent modeling, just try and fix the shoulders, and the back looks quit large. :\

Sel
April 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Bumpity bump bump bump?

The halo 1 elites are my favourite, most definitely.

Theyre pose seemed to get more messed up as the series went on.

t3h m00kz
April 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
wtf bump from hell

NuggetWarmer
April 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
You actually looked through a few pages to find this topic just to bump it? Good god, go outside!

I'll work on the shoulders when I really need to. H3MT has yet to find a real use for it.

mcwesalot
April 30th, 2008, 08:16 PM
uh what are you talking about it was like the third one on the first page

Sel
May 1st, 2008, 07:52 AM
Son, what are you smoking today?

mcwesalot
May 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
i think the question is what aren't i smoking today

oh i know why it was like the third
because i searched h3mt and it was the third on the list

NuggetWarmer
May 1st, 2008, 03:47 PM
No wonder.

We only have a few topics here. We'll post another showing off Valhalla soon. :D

mcwesalot
May 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
yay cant wait to see the awsomeness

kid908
May 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
a bit boxy in some places but =D awesome!