PDA

View Full Version : To All Nubs: Spend TIME on Models!

NuggetWarmer
March 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM
D:<
I see so many new modelers that show up with a new map/model that they've only spent 15 minutes on. I can understand the fact that you do not know the UI of the program you use yet, but c'mon, 15 minutes?! Spend some time working on the model rather than just making a box and showing it off. Practice with tutorials and learn the UI before showing off. Even if it's your first day EVER using the product, you can make something pretty good. Heck, this was the first thing I made in 3ds Max without any tutorials: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/CanidHeadTest2.jpg

It sucks, yes, but it's better than some of the stuff I see shoved out of people's pooper and I kept it to myself for all these months.

If you don't spend any time on the model you make, then you probably aren't serious about learning 3D. The best modelers out there spent more than 15 minutes on their work.

This post in a nutshell: Learn the product. Spend some time modeling.
LOLHAYGUYSWHASSUP?

Hunter
March 20th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Yes, you are correct. That Halo 3 Sniper Rifle that I made took me about 2 weeks, although i didnt get on the computer to often.

And my Halo 3 Magnum and Spiker both took 1 week each.

Martini-562
March 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I spent quite a lot of time on my models, looks like I just suck. I mean I spent quite some time working on the splazer and the sniper (which is worthless compared to what hunter made).

Jay2645
March 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Took me 3 days with 3 hours of sleep each to finish that AT-AT in my sig. That's a grand total of 63 hours spent modeling it.

And don't even get me started on UVW unwrapping.

EDIT: OH HAI THERE 1337th POST!

paintballakid5
March 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM
it took me about 2 weeks to perfect my Spiker.. i'm still adding detail here and there.

my M-9 in my Signature is also still being worked on.. so all new modelers out there.. just take your time, it will help alot.:)

Tweek
March 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
this isn't true for me.

Kalub
March 20th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Time shouldn't matter, but the quality of the work should.

gg nub

PenGuin1362
March 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Time shouldn't matter, but the quality of the work should.

gg nub

qft

Mass
March 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
this isn't true for me.
It is directed at "nubs."